Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #16
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan
I can all but guarantee that they won't build Luigi's Tires at DHS!
Haha You said it! I can't speak for all of us in California but for me I hate it I absolutely hate it! Walt Disney World is so big they have so much potential and possibilities are endless for them...everytime we get something here it ends up at Walt Disney World.. I would love to have RnRc and dinosaur and EE but I never get none of those here and I don't care that we have Mr. toads or Matterhorn... I think that we should be able to get some unique things ourselves and keep them... But that's just my opinion nothing more

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #17
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

It gives me hope that WDW will start gearing toward boys more. DHS is a perfect place for more Pixar additions. I wouldn't have minded if it was something new, but I'm not disappointed. We're planning our first DLR trip, but I know (if we make it back) we won't be making a return trip for years - possibly a decade. WDW is practically a yearly trip for us, so I like that it will be more accessible for this Pixar loving family .

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #18
Priory
DIS Veteran

If they want to clone something, I wish they'd do Monsters Inc Hide and Go. That ride looks amazing and doesn't exist at any domestic park.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 AM   #19
ducky_love
Saving the world one tourist at a time.

I'm torn. We loved carsland and it would be nice to have it just up the street. But then why do we fly across the country? It seems like every year the parks get more and more "cloned". There is nothing unique to buy anymore. At DL they were selling shirts with Cinderella's Castle at DHS they are selling HMH merch. It is hard to justify the trip.

I do wish they'd give us something unique. (And I'm not talking about Avatarland. Ew!!)
DLP: November 2013
FIRST TRIP TDL: September 2014!!
ducky_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
RaceCar
Earning My Ears

If I wanted Disneyland (which I do) I'd go to Disneyland. When I go to WDW (which I also do) I like it to be unique. Imagineers need more imagination. Give us reasons to park hop!
RaceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
sonjaandsue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They should put the cash into a Star Wars land. That would make DHS a major destination, it fits thematically, and it would be unique. Frankly, with the acquisition I am surprised this wasn't task #1.
Especially because they could time it to open with the new Star Wars movie they are making.
sonjaandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I think its cheaper for WDW to use existing models for their expansion (soarin', splash mountain, big thunder mountain railroad, lil mermaid, etc.. and now possibly carsland). I guess its inevitable and makes Disney "Disney" in that you can enjoy favorite attractions at different parks.

Most major rides and attractions have started at Disneyland and then the other parks have duplicated them.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #23
sheetz
DIS Veteran

If the DHS version doesn't open for another 5 years it shouldn't make a significant difference, especially if they go with a "value engineered" version.
sheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #24
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

Personally I would be very excited. But I love and visit both parks. There are so many other ride/dining options that could be added. For example they could do a sit down restaurant like the one McQueen and Sally go to at the start of Cars 2. They could add more character interaction. My boys would love to meet Fillmore, Francesco, Sarge, Finn or Sally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetz View Post
Based on the rumors going around on other boards it sounds like WDW will likely get a Cars Land 'Lite' without a lot of the rockwork.
I really hope that isn't the case. When I walked into Carsland I was in awe. In part because of the entire look/feel. My boys believed they were in Radiator Sprints. DHS has the space I hope they follow the motto "go big or go home".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan View Post
We went on once just to say we tried it. Not a fan at all.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #25
packedforadventure
Earning My Ears

I experienced Cars Land for the first time this weekend and loved it! As much as I like to have unique things for the different parks, this one is too good not to share. Hopefully they will do somethings differently to make it special in each park, however, I am happy to have this one go to Orlando. It would make an appropriate addition.

I just finished writing a big blog post about my Cars Land experience with pictures and videos, if anyone is interested, *****************************
packedforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by packedforadventure View Post
I experienced Cars Land for the first time this weekend and loved it! As much as I like to have unique things for the different parks, this one is too good not to share. Hopefully they will do somethings differently to make it special in each park, however, I am happy to have this one go to Orlando. It would make an appropriate addition.

I just finished writing a big blog post about my Cars Land experience with pictures and videos, if anyone is interested, *****************************
Nice report on your website. I really enjoyed it. I also love the title!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan View Post
Huge let down!!! I hadn't read in advance about it and thankfully hadn't waited in line for more than 15 minutes.
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: