DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

I purchased BWV instead of bcv because of the cheaper resale price, at the time there was about a $20+ dollar difference and the excellent point cost of a standard view room.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #32
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

<------hey, i got tag-fairy-ed. fun!

sorry, i just noticed my tags...carry on with the thread...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
Trivia: That's not authentic sand, it's ground-up granite. (I think I once heard it's from Stone Mountain in Georgia.)
i thought all sand was ground up rocks...

well, now i'm totally bummed about the man-made sand at BCV...

( )

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #33
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
Authentic sand? as opposed to the synthetic sand at which other resort?
The last time that we used Storm-A-Long Bay pool, I noticed that the sand was actually silicon dioxide with a small amount of calcium carbonate.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #34
PCFriar80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
The last time that we used Storm-A-Long Bay pool, I noticed that the sand was actually silicon dioxide with a small amount of calcium carbonate.

Bill
I think everyone is taking the sand for granite. :
PCFriar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #35
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran

When we did the tour 2 weeks ago, and when we watched the official DVC dvd, it says that sand comes from Arizona.

While we love Stormalong Bay, we liked the lower priced resales, we didn't mind the long hallways as someone compared it to AKV's long walk. Only other con I heard was the parking, which I can live with. BWV is someplace we could stay every time we visit, especially if we have the points.

Anyway, just as an update. We did decide to go forth on a BWV resale, we're in the contract signing phase, then onto ROFR. Hopefully I'll have good news in a month. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your comments and this board.

-Virginia
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 5/14, 12/14

mommyarewegoingback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #36
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback
When we did the tour 2 weeks ago, and when we watched the official DVC dvd, it says that sand comes from Arizona.

While we love Stormalong Bay, we liked the lower priced resales, we didn't mind the long hallways as someone compared it to AKV's long walk. Only other con I heard was the parking, which I can live with. BWV is someplace we could stay every time we visit, especially if we have the points.

Anyway, just as an update. We did decide to go forth on a BWV resale, we're in the contract signing phase, then onto ROFR. Hopefully I'll have good news in a month. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your comments and this board.

-Virginia
Good luck on ROFR. Hope that we will be neighbors soon. I am posting this from our BW view balcony. We have stayed here at least 35 times in the last 13 years and still love it every time.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
spruce
DIS Veteran

We own both and OKW. BCV & BWV are similar but we use them in different ways. When at BCV we swim, have a spa day, spend time in Crews Cup (we like it better then the BW lounge), walk to EPCOT for a dinner and Illuminations. When at BWV, we do some of the same things but mostly go to the parks. We always get a Bw view and hearing the boat horns is our welcome home. We plan more relaxation at BCV. OKW is a mix between doing parks and relaxation and the rooms there aren't narrow boxes like at the BWV & BCV with smallish living rooms & dining areas (1br's or bigger.) Unless you do BWV GV's.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #38
AllieV
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at boardwalk of the two; we LOVE BWV. My husband loves Boardwalk's proximity to all the bars/club etc, whereas Beach Club people would take the boat over (it's a long walk around the lake) and he hates boats. In spring, we're staying at Beach Club for the first time, and specifically for their pool. If we (I, hahaha) love it, I'll keep an eye on availability and might buy into there as our next contract. It was BWV all the way, but we'll see.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieV
I have only stayed at boardwalk of the two; we LOVE BWV. My husband loves Boardwalk's proximity to all the bars/club etc, whereas Beach Club people would take the boat over (it's a long walk around the lake) and he hates boats.
I did not find the walk bad at all. Usually quicker than hanging around waiting for a boat.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #40
Theaberdeenkid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFriar80 View Post
I think everyone is taking the sand for granite. :

LOL

I'm a geologist, rock humor is the best.

I also lost it in AK when I came across the snack shack Trilo-Bites.
Theaberdeenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #41
AllieV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
I did not find the walk bad at all. Usually quicker than hanging around waiting for a boat.
He'll def walk. And grumble about it :-)
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #42
jennypenny
Raising 3 disneyholics like any proper parent!

Both resorts are beautiful and similar in styling. I think the location of BWV is slightly better because it's a closer walk to HS. (although BCV is about as far as I can walk from the Pub in England at the end of the night ).

We like BCV because...
* It's near everything but much quieter than BWV. It's used to be quiet at the pool too, but now they've started that wedding-reception music and accompanying crap that I find really annoying when I'm trying to relax and read a book.
* The parking is much better.
* There are more places to sit out near the pool but undercover when it rains.
* The Marketplace is really close to the Villas and you can get there without getting wet.

Things we like about BWV...
* Community Hall
* Closer to HS
* Boardwalk views
* Belle Vue Room

I wake up dreaming of the Beach Club...
jennypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #43
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

IMO BC is only good for the pool system. BW would be my choice with BWview. You get the same location on the other side of the lake. No view at BC and great view at BW.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
KSL
Mouseketeer

We Chose BWV

I realize the OP asked about choosing BCV over BWV, but we did the opposite and I thought maybe it would still be OK to comment....
Our first contract was for BLT, which we love! But we also (and DH in particular) really like EPCOT and once we saw how fantastic it was to be in such close proximity to the MK with BLT, we became completely spoiled and wanted similar proximity to EPCOT (and, to a lesser extent, DHS). Choosing between BCV and BWV was easy for us: BWV! The two biggest factors were (1) the savings on points with the standard category and (2) the cheaper per point price. Also weighing in BWV's favor for us is the increased activity level of the boardwalk area (which is great for our girls who are fast approaching teenage-hood - yikes!), closer to DHS, the option for a GV, and that it has a community hall. Detractors were lack of quick service (a minor inconvenience since we get groceries and might never need it) and the slightly creepy clown pool. None of us have a clown-phobia, but that pool clown might just give me one!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / planning VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #45
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

The higher price at BCV has little to do with the limited number of contracts and everything to do with Stormalong Bay and being within a few feet of the entrance to EPCOT. Replace Stormalong with a Clown pool and move the whole resort to where the Dolphin is and prices would be much lower regardless of how few units there are.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: