|12-12-2012, 02:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Which Resort Should I buy
First, I haven't read the sticky lately so I hope that I am not violating any rules by posting this content here.
I have decided to buy resale but I need a little help deciding where to buy.
* We are a family of 5, the infant turns 3 in March 2014. Thus, analysis assumes 1 bedroom units.
* most of our trips occur between Nov 1 - Dec 15, although its possible we could go between Jan 1 - Feb 15 ( or end of Oct).
* We would probably like to make one trip to Disney per year and spend 7-10 nights. We would be willing to spend some time in non-DVC accommodations (to take advantage of other discounts). Therefore I'm thinking we should own enough points to spend 50-70% of our time in DVC.
* Right now I really want to stay at BWV (for proximity to Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk); however, I could see a desire in the future to do split stays with BWV and either BLT or AKV-savannah view. So assume I want to stay at BWV 50% of the time, BLT 25% of the time, and AKV 25% of the time.
* I have never stayed at any DVC resort, but I am trying to make plans now for when baby turns 3 and we can't stay at Moderate. I have stayed at CR, Pop, CBR, CSR.
Based on the above information where should I buy?
This is what I am thinking:
1) UY needs to be something between June and October.
2) I think I need about 150 points, although I wouldn't be upset to buy 75-100 now and buy more later.
3) Based on my stated desires above, the perfect scenario would be to own 80 points at BWV, 40 points at BLT, and 40 points at AKV; however, I don't think contracts like that will fall in my lap.
I am *guessing* that if I only buy one contract I should buy BWV and hope that I can wait list a couple nights at BLT or AKV when I want to stay there.
Am I correct that both BWV and and BLT are hard to get at 7 months?
What should I do?
02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|