Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnhjlh View Post
we are going in Feb and it will be a xmas gift to my 11 & 14 yr old.
We are making them do a scavenger hunt around the house for disney items lastly they will find a key to a suitcase that will contain a ticket to disneyland. that is how we announcing our trip
Love this idea as well
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
serene56
DIS Veteran

i let my grand daughter help me plan without telling her we were going.
but we always read books about disney and talk about the rides.
we watch youtube for attractions and shows.

we often talk about what she would like and not like.
we look at food pictures and i read menus to her.

she found out she was going when we were waiting for the magical express.
watching the video i think she did not believe us until we were getting on that bus.

after the trip i asked her was it better to be surprised or would she preferred to know so she can help plan.

she said she wanted to be surprised.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Axel
Introduce a Little Anarchy. 1979-2008
Pi a la ModeJack, I swear…

We're taking one of my younger cousins and my nephew with us on our next trip in January and while he knew he was going, she didn't until we told her at her birthday in October.

My parents had agreed with her parents that the trip would be her birthday present, but unfortunately my parents were unable to attend the party (why? They were enjoying their fall getaway to the World! ).

What I did instead was make a card for her on the front which said (Front): "Aunt ---- and Uncle ---- wish they could be here to celebrate with you, but they're attending to some very important business...", (Inside on left): "things you'll need to help them out: *insert standard packing list of clothes and toiletries* followed by 'a spoonful of sugar, your imagination, a handful of faith, a dash of trust, and one more thing... what was it... OH! PIXIE DUST!" (Inside on right): "Mickey can't wait to see you in January!"

Her scream was SO. LOUD. We got it on video, thankfully, so my parents could watch it when they got back from the parks at the end of the day. Everybody was in on it, all of our other aunts/uncles, my older sister and nephew, our grandmother (who gave her spending money for the trip which my cousin just thought was a rather generous birthday gift ), even her teacher at school!

For Christmas, she and my nephew are getting pressed penny books with a roll of quarters and a roll of pennies.
September 1996::WDW 25th Anniversary::Fort Wilderness\\October 1999::Millenium Celebration::FW\\November 2001::WDW 30th Anniversary and 100 Years of Magic::FW\\December 2004::Purchased DVC::FW\\ November 2005::WDL 50th Anniversary::Saratoga Springs Resort\\December 2006::Year of a Million Dreams::SSR\\August 2007::Pirate and Princess Party::Boardwalk\\November 2007::YoaMD::SSR\\February 2008::with Lissy::Villas at the Wilderness Lodge\\August 2008::with Nora::Old Key West\\December 2008::with Shianna::SSR\\February 2009::What Will You Celebrate?::Beach Club Villas\\January 2010::Un-Birthday:::Animal Kingdom Lodge\\May 2010::Dad's 65th/With Molly::OKW\\January 2011::Un-Birthday::Bay Lake Tower\May 2011::With Nora::BCV\\May 2012::One More Disney Day::OKW\\January 2013::Damon's First Trip::OKW\\March 2013::Spring Break with Sarah::OKW\\May 2013::College Grad!::VWL\\July 2014::ACTUAL BIRTHDAY TRIP!!!::Villas at the Grand Floridian\\October 2014::Food and Wine Festival::OKW\\December 2014::Christmas with Dan and LouAnn::OKW\

You must always remember to smile.

restaurants eaten at: 143/251
my blog
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote