Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #496
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Isn't that interesting... the file is dated December 2011. You mean the mouse can predict who will sag?

In that case, THANK GOD MY NAME ISN'T THERE!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #497
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
Well that's kind of creepy that someone with my (not very common) name has registered before! At least the other me didn't get swept, I guess.

I'm just anxious to know what corral I'm in, hoping it's not the last one. This is my first marathon and I entered a finish time of 6 hrs. We shall see! Though I guess there's still no guarantee we'll know corral placement until the expo...
Trust me... you are not in the last corral. If you put a time in and between 5:01 and 6:00 there are a few hundred folks who put a slower time, no time or less than 5:00 without race results to back it up. You may only have one corral behind you, but I am certain it's not the last.

Now watch me be wrong
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #498
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
...it was more than a day early...it was on a Facebook group at least a week beforehand. We also knew about the Princess flash sale about a day after the Princess contest was announced. They are the worst secret keepers ever!
Ah. I'm pretty anti-Facebook (just check the runDisney and SparkleSkirts pages) so I missed all the hoopla.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #499
SmartGuyCEO
Earning My Ears

After going back to last year posts about waivers, I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day. Runners can still defer either by today or tomorrow if I'm correct.
SmartGuyCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #500
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

Experiencing my first cold with bad congestion in over 2 years. Are ya kidding me!! I don't need this right now. I had to bag my long run last weekend and it doesn't look like I will be doing any long running until I can breathe.

I have a reindeer 5k fun run this weekend with my friends and we are all dressing up so I hope I feel better by Saturday.

Good luck to everyone these next few weeks! It will all be worth it in the end!!

Last edited by Weluvdisny; 12-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #501
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW

What's the deferral deadline for the half? Also, anyone know where to find the form? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #502
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpluto View Post
What's the deferral deadline for the half? Also, anyone know where to find the form? Thanks!
I thought it passed last month, but Smart Guy posted today just above. Call rudDisney as hope you get a body. I had the form bookmarked on the old website but cannot find it on the new.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #503
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
I thought it passed last month, but Smart Guy posted today just above. Call rudDisney as hope you get a body. I had the form bookmarked on the old website but cannot find it on the new.
When I deferred the Marathon, they had a different form that was specifically form Marathon weekend, and the date was December 12th, so that would mean all paperwork is due tomorrow. Good luck!

Completed Races: Halloween 5k 2011 Family Fiesta 5k 2012 Princess HM 2012 ToT 10 Miler 2012 WDW Half 2013 Princess HM 2013
JCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #504
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to share this:

I have been struggling with that sprain to my big toe joint. I have been thinking the last couple of days that it will only be by the grace of God if I make it to the finish line of the marathon. As recent as yesterday it was sore from walking. Today I decided to walk a little. 5 minutes at 3.8mph and it felt good....so 10 minutes at 4.0mph....still felt good......so I threw in some jogging here and there. I finished 3 miles in 45:26. Not my best time but it was my first walk/run with no pain since November 11th. Pondering this:

My soul, praise Yahweh,
and all that is within me, praise His holy name.
2 My soul, praise the Lord,
and do not forget all His benefits.
3 He forgives all your sin;
He heals all your diseases.
4 He redeems your life from the Pit;
He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.
5 He satisfies you[a] with goodness;
your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Psalm 103:1-5

I have never been so happy just to be able to run! I am so thankful that I can move my body and God deserves the glory for every mile I finish!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #505
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if a finisher's certificate from an Ironman would suffice as proof of time? I hope to run in the 3:40 range, but because of injuries, I do not have a sub 4 marathon since before the cut off in 2010. I did just run the marathon portion of an Ironman in 4:20 and although it may not quite get me in the corral I want, will it keep me out of the last corral?

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #506
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
Does anyone know if a finisher's certificate from an Ironman would suffice as proof of time? I hope to run in the 3:40 range, but because of injuries, I do not have a sub 4 marathon since before the cut off in 2010. I did just run the marathon portion of an Ironman in 4:20 and although it may not quite get me in the corral I want, will it keep me out of the last corral?
Yes, it works for Boston, it will work for Disney
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #507
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Saw the Chairman of ortho today about my foot injury. "You have an overuse injury. Stop running for 3 months and it will heal. Since you won't do that, take another week off and test it. If it hurts, you have your answer."
Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but honest and truthful (this is the doctor I refer to as my "work dad" so he knows me well).
I walked 2 miles at 3.8 without pain. I choose optimism.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #508
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Saw the Chairman of ortho today about my foot injury. "You have an overuse injury. Stop running for 3 months and it will heal. Since you won't do that, take another week off and test it. If it hurts, you have your answer."
Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but honest and truthful (this is the doctor I refer to as my "work dad" so he knows me well).
I walked 2 miles at 3.8 without pain. I choose optimism.

Amanda
hey amanda, just curious who you saw? what hospital? einstein?

i went to dr. andrew rosen today. he has an office on 84th street as well as by eastchester rd in the bronx. very good. at least i hope he is!

i had a cortisone injection in my knee today. hoping it's the "magic cure" for this knee thing. i haven't been able to run in 4 weeks. terrible. at least i know that on 11/10 i ran 18 miles. it's under my belt. doc says i can run on thursday. i'm SO hopeful. fingers crossed. can't wait to see everyone in just a month!!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #509
CDuenow
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Glad I found this board! I was looking up information about corrals and found you guys! I keep hearing that the race gets crowded fast. This race will be my 9th full marathon and first Disney race! I have taken a few years off of marathon running, after I had my son. He is 18 months old and running the kids run that weekend Oddly enough, I feel I am in my best shape ever, after becoming a mom and really want my first sub four hour marathon Thoughts from any experienced Disney runners about what corral I may be placed in...?? I have heard the corral you get placed in makes a big difference, if you have a time goal. I submitted a 1:55 half marathon time from a year ago (and I think I put 3:59 as my estimated finish.) I ran a 20 miler this Sunday in 3 hours flat which is the fastest 20 miler ever for me. But if I am adding a 10k on after the 20 miles, it puts me right on the edge of the 4 hour zone... and I so badly want that 3:anything haha!!!
CDuenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #510
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDuenow View Post
Hi everyone! Glad I found this board! I was looking up information about corrals and found you guys! I keep hearing that the race gets crowded fast. This race will be my 9th full marathon and first Disney race! I have taken a few years off of marathon running, after I had my son. He is 18 months old and running the kids run that weekend Oddly enough, I feel I am in my best shape ever, after becoming a mom and really want my first sub four hour marathon Thoughts from any experienced Disney runners about what corral I may be placed in...?? I have heard the corral you get placed in makes a big difference, if you have a time goal. I submitted a 1:55 half marathon time from a year ago (and I think I put 3:59 as my estimated finish.) I ran a 20 miler this Sunday in 3 hours flat which is the fastest 20 miler ever for me. But if I am adding a 10k on after the 20 miles, it puts me right on the edge of the 4 hour zone... and I so badly want that 3:anything haha!!!
Welcome. This is a great come-back marathon. With your 3:59 estimate you should be in the mid A corral, unless there were a lot of speedy folks entering this year. That gives you an open road for the most part.

The first mile will feel crowded then the course opens as we pass onto World Drive. You have a good two miles of open track before coming to the Ticket and Transportation Center. In the A wave, the narrow segment from the TTC to Contemporary will not suffer the back up from going under the Seven Seas Lagoon water bridge. The MK is full of little bends and turns then the stretch coming out of MK past the Grand Floridan and Poly will feel crowded again. Really past this, you are going to feel like the parks are a blessing but also a pain with the turns.

Does the 3:59 put you in Boston?

Have fun, run conservative but hard.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: