Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #16
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I'm here Tink!

happy your MIL got to share a little bit of Disney with you all! lunch looks yummy! can't wait to see the decorations next year...thanks for sharing them, love the countries ornaments!

Anakin's hat turned out cute & he's got some dance moves!! nice view from your room! lucky you don't live too far away, bet Goofy won't forget to double check again
Welcome!

We're glad we got to share some time with her at Epcot. Last year we took her to Epcot. The year before to MK.

He loved dancing. Took him a little longer to catch on, but by the end of the song he had it!

I'm sure neither of us will forget luggage again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am here! Thanks for the heads up. I will be back to read!
Welcome!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Good Morning to you. I DID come back and read all of the fun, great start! Hope you have a great day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #18
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning to you. I DID come back and read all of the fun, great start! Hope you have a great day!
Good morning!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Thanks, this morning is starting out very good!

I tried a couple times yesterday to sit down and crank out more updates, but it just didn't happen.

Tomorrow Anakin goes for more dental work then has play practice every night this week, leading up to the big performance on Friday.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great start! I think that taking a relaxed approach is the way to go, especially if it is easier on your son. Much more fun that way. Looks like you got a nice room at Pop, it seems so private and quiet with that view! Looking forward to reading more

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Returning the favor Tink, here is the post to where Lisa is famous!

The link to the page it is posted on is here:
Lisa is FINALLY FAMOUS Post 3198 to 3204!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
blessedmom4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Good morning!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Thanks, this morning is starting out very good!
That is GREAT NEWS!!
I tried a couple times yesterday to sit down and crank out more updates, but it just didn't happen.
We hit the dentist twice last week for Rachel's braces, It wasn't supposed to be that difficult for her..I dread Lisa's turn.
Tomorrow Anakin goes for more dental work then has play practice every night this week, leading up to the big performance on Friday.
I know Anakin is gong to do GREAT!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great start! I think that taking a relaxed approach is the way to go, especially if it is easier on your son. Much more fun that way. Looks like you got a nice room at Pop, it seems so private and quiet with that view! Looking forward to reading more
Welcome! Thank you. Keeping things calm and relaxing seem to work the best with him. But if I do tell him something we have planned, then I sure as heck have to follow through with it.

I really liked this location. It was very quiet. We brought along our "noise maker" for him and didn't even have to use it at night. We didn't hear toilets flush or people walking by the room. Once I heard someone running up the bowling pin stairs. That scared him half to death until I assured him it was just someone taking the stairs.

Quote:
Returning the favor Tink, here is the post to where Lisa is famous!

The link to the page it is posted on is here:
Lisa is FINALLY FAMOUS Post 3198 to 3204!
Thanks so much for posting the link! I think I know what happened, and can't wait to read about it!

Quote:
I know Anakin is gong to do GREAT!!!
He is so excited. Now I just have to find a brown shirt and pants.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

good luck at the dentist today

know he is going to do a great performance!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

I'm here!!! Love seeing the Christmas decorations - so pretty around the World Showcase. Coral Reef looks great. Got it on my list for reservations when we go in late Feb. The R2D2 hat is fantastic. You picked up crocheting quickly. I never could get the hang of crocheting - knitting I can do. Pop 50's rooms are really cool - after your reviews, I'm thinking of doing them in Dec. Can't wait to hear more and see all the great pics of the decorations. Hope everything is going well with the dental work today. Does Anakin have Duffy with him?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
good luck at the dentist today

know he is going to do a great performance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
I'm here!!! Love seeing the Christmas decorations - so pretty around the World Showcase. Coral Reef looks great. Got it on my list for reservations when we go in late Feb. The R2D2 hat is fantastic. You picked up crocheting quickly. I never could get the hang of crocheting - knitting I can do. Pop 50's rooms are really cool - after your reviews, I'm thinking of doing them in Dec. Can't wait to hear more and see all the great pics of the decorations. Hope everything is going well with the dental work today. Does Anakin have Duffy with him?
Thanks Lisa and Alyson for asking. The dental work went well. He did not bring a Duffy. The appointment was so early in the morning that I woke him up and practically went from bed to car. He was their first appointment. He was a real trooper. Came home and he slept until 1pm. He is still numb.

Alyson, I hope you enjoy Pop and the Coral Reef as much as we do.

Everyone, I am sorry it's taking me so long to update. I hope to get another update up tonight or tomorrow. This week is exceptionally busy. Mostly the busy-ness is in a fun way. Play practice daily and I'm organizing the after party.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #26
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Time was ticking. It was nearly 6pm and dh still wasn't back to the resort. School work was done and we were getting hungry. I debated taking ds to the food court, but it's just too hard to take him alone. Besides, he wanted Taco Bell. That could work. We could head over to Cross Roads, eat at Taco Bell and head over to Epcot for the fireworks. They have additional fireworks at the end for the holidays.

I called dh and he was almost at the resort. He wasn't too happy about Taco Bell, but was very happy about going to see Illuminations.

I picked up a Holiday Guide at Guest Services because I didn't notice any at the gate. I asked if they had a Times Guide for the next day since it would be a new week. I was told no that I'd have to look online after midnight.

Anakin was having some sensory issues. He didn't like the sensation of the cold air touching his eyes. He kept them closed. Pulled his Darth Vader Mickey hat over his eyes. Pulled up his cover to his chin, and we made a bee-line to the Gingerbread House at the American Pavillon.

Nancy, a cm, was walking around selling goodies.

She was able to convince Anakin to move his hat from his eyes.

Egg nog and a gingerbread cookie became our dessert.

It was soon time for the candlelight processional to start. I would have liked to have seen it, but when we saw Santa Claus was out for his M&G we opted to meet Santa. As we got back into line, Anakin pulled his hat over his eyes again and his blanket up to his neck. (Our vacation next year is up north in the fall. This could prove interesting.)

As we were getting in line, a cm asked us if he would prefer to use a ramp instead of the stairs. She showed us where the line for the ramp was, but we chose to stay in the regular line.

Kai, a cm who was the attendant with Santa and Mrs. Claus, made a comment about the Vader hat. Instantly, the hat was lifted up and Star Wars talk ensued. The two of them talked about characters and actors and Star Wars Weekends. Kai made the wait to see Santa very magical. Anakin just loved him. I think he would have been fine skipping Santa and just talking to Kai. Usually people don't know all the Star Wars babble that Anakin speaks, but Kai kept up with him, challenging Anakin to think further. Later, back at our room, I asked him what the best part of today was, and he said talking about Star Wars with Kai.

There was no more hat pulled over his eyes the rest of the night either.

It was our turn for Santa, and Anakin needed a little time to transition from Kai to Santa. He walked up to Santa and sat right down. We couldn't hear what they were talking about, but Santa gave us the heads up that he would like a race car for Christmas.

While we were leaving, Anakin spotted a guest wearing a Gator hat, and he hollered out to him, "Go Gators!! I love your hat!" The guest loved his enthusiasm and asked him if he'd like to try on the hat.

We decided to go find a spot for Illuminations. Anakin began to panic. He was worried he'd have a seizure. We assured him that his neurologist said it was ok now to watch fireworks. He was scared and wanted to go home. We told him that we are watching the fireworks tonight. We thought if we headed over by the Odyssey restrooms then he could see if there were any snails on the walls.

There were no snails, and he insisten on leaning over the rails to look for them. I think it was too cold. So we found a bench between First Aid and those restrooms, and sat there for Illuminations.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #27
mommy2mrb

happy boy with a big cookie!
always love the interaction Anakin receives from the CM's!
love the photos with Santa and the Mrs!
great spot from Illuminations and no crowd either were you able to see the entire show?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #28
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Birthday Party and Disney Quest

Day 2 was Sunday. We had one plan for this day. 3pm be at AoA for a birthday party for a child of another DIS family.

Woke up an talked to some friends of ours who had asked if we wanted to eat lunch with them. They suggested Earl of Sandwich. On our way there, I got a text that they couldn't find parking and were driving around the lots. We all decided that Red Lobster sounded like a good alternative. We were off to Cross Roads.

Red Lobster was empty. We were quickly served. Instead of shopping at DTD we ended up elsewhere and I ended up with this beauty for my niece.

Anakin bought himself a McQueen race car that workes by following a light. It didn't come with batteries so we stopped at a Walgreens for batteries. Before we knew it, it was time for the birthday party.

We were instructed to be there at 3, but not to come right in because it was a surprise party. I went to the restroom. Anakin and Goofy stood against the wall. The birthday boy walked by and Anakin pointed him out as "Dad, there's that boy." His dad got him out of there in a hurry. With him outside, we figured it was safe to go into the food court.

I don't want to take away from Onetreehill's TR, so I am going to post just one teaser picture of Anakin and her son.

They became quick friends and had a great time together. There was one other family at the party too. It turned out that the dad of that family acts at the same theater where Anakin takes his classes! It's a small world, huh?

Everyone from the party was off to Disney Quest next. Anakin was overstimulated and needed more time to decompress at our room. We did the Wilbarger brushing protocol and he played with his new toy for a little. Once he was calmed enough, we headed to Disney Quest.

He was so excited to go there. Since he was photosensitive for a couple years, we hadn't gone. Before he was born, we use to eat there every other Thursday night. We use to love those Cheesecake Factory Express Quest Burgers. Sadly the Cheesecake Factory left there years ago. Now they are just regular Disney burgers.

Anakin and his new friend had lots of fun.

We parted ways when they went out to eat and we went back to the resort. On the way back to the resort, we decided we were hungry for rotisserie chicken from Publix. We decided to try it at the new Publix in Celebration. All I can say is this is now my favorite Publix! The store is huge and it's a new prototype they are trying. There was a salad bar and many other things not found at our Publix. We got our chicken and headed back to the room to eat it.

This was a very different, relaxing day. We didn't go to any parks and we didn't eat at any of Disney's restaurants.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #29
mommy2mrb

what a fun party! happy the boys had fun together!
cute bag for your neice!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #30
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Kuddos yet again to the CM's. That is awesome how they got Anakin to come out from him hat. Love all the Star Wars talk and that it was Anakin's fav part of the day. Santa is PERFECT!! Did Anakin do ok with the fireworks? Great pics, by the way. Cool birthday party!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: