Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #226
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. I just rode RNC WITH Steven Tyler!!
NO WAY!!!! Really?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #227
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Since it seems fairly quite over here, perhaps you all would forgive me a little self-indulgent celebration post. Two great things have happened to me this week.

1) The re-release of my self-published book (now professionally edited) went live on amazon (took over a year to get to this point, but I’m really happy with it now).
Sounds cool! What is the book about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Hello folks! Officially no longer single now, got married on 12/1/12 (DH wanted an easy to remember anniversary )! I only have a few minutes to pop in (finals over the next 10 days, yuck!) but thought I'd share a picture or 2 from the big day. I should be able to return after finals are over, and begin planning our June trip to the world
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Question for those of you who own DVC, do they allow you to book just 1 night on points?
Yes they do. I might have some availability if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Got my tree in the stand and watered this morning, but no decorations yet. It's hard to mistake my tree for anyone else's, as I focus on my BIG FOUR themes ... Disney, Beer, Guitar, and Scooby Doo. I'll try and post some pics once I decorate this year as I got a few new Scooby and Beer ornaments. Here's a couple pics from last year's tree:
Hmm, beer ornaments? Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. I just rode RNC WITH Steven Tyler!!
That is pretty neat!
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #228
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Yes they do. I might have some availability if you are interested.

!
I need 1 night in a studio, March 17, may be difficult since it is the high season. PM me or call if you do have some available.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #229
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Sounds cool! What is the book about?
A bit of (paradox-free) wibbly-wobbly timey whimy
(aka YA time travel)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #230
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Sure is quiet in here lately. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Sorry guys I've been quiet lately. Have been hardcore slacking on my DIS addiction. I don't think I've even logged into the DIS yet this month.... (and today I'm only checking this one thread since I felt bad not being around)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOMof3 View Post
Good afternoon to all singles/ex-singles, I'm done lurking. Time to jump in and participate

I could use a little Florida sunshine right about now, I am not looking forward to winter in New England.

I might have to request a little something from the bartender to add to my coffee to warm up today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would jump over here and get to know everyone. I haven't read all the pages of post yet but I will eventually

So what is the current topic of discussion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmercer25 View Post
Checking in to the SSC for the first time. 'Evening, everyone!
everyone to the SSC. Sorry about it being so quiet around here lately. Traditionally we do tend to get a bit quiet during the holidays though as most people tend to be pretty busy with other things.

In the meantime, please feel free to make yourself comfortable, and our bartender I see has been around pouring drinks upon request!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
^^^ I have always believed that when Starbucks asks if you want an extra shot in your coffee, they should be talking about Baileys or something!
That MIGHT just make it worthwhile for me to go into a starbucks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Ahhh, animals and their weird ways! My cat has an only-occasionally habit of licking the bedroom door. I've given up trying to figure out why. Congrats on the book - I have so much respect for anyone who can legitimately say they've written a book!
Maybe on the door the Schnoz-berries actually taste like Schnoz-berries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
Hello folks! Officially no longer single now, got married on 12/1/12 (DH wanted an easy to remember anniversary )! I only have a few minutes to pop in (finals over the next 10 days, yuck!) but thought I'd share a picture or 2 from the big day. I should be able to return after finals are over, and begin planning our June trip to the world

link to several pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90806559@N03/

IMG_5389 by mbeaser, on Flickr

IMG_5005 by mbeaser, on Flickr
Congrats again Meri! So good to hear things went off....with the correct type of hitch. The Pics look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
Hi.

I'm a newbie to this board (can't believe I just only found it today). I'm planning a solo trip for October or maybe June (not sure if I can not be in the World for my birthday). October seems better though. Can anyone recommend a good Disney resort for a solo gal? I'm thinking POFQ. I stayed at POR for one night this year and it was fabulous. I've always forced family to go with me lol. But not next year. Next year, I'm doing what I want. Also anyone done MNSSHP solo?

And...I'm a shot of tequila type
to the SSC!

In case you weren't aware, we've actually had our SSC DISMeets in October for the past couple years. Depending on when things fall in for next year, you might find yourself able to hang out with some of us down there around the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I need 1 night in a studio, March 17, may be difficult since it is the high season. PM me or call if you do have some available.
Hey Tara, I don't have DVC, but I do believe I've got some points over at Bonnet Creek I've gotta burn which I might be able to hook you up with. If you are interested in having me check it out as a possible backup for you, feel free to text me.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #231
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Hi all! I'm Jennifer from St Cloud, FL! I'm super excited because I have an interview tomorrow with Disney Casting for a guest services job! If I get this I can finally afford to visit WDW. I've lived here for 4 months already and haven't been able to go.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #232
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Hi everyone! I just found this thread and after reading all 16 pages I thought I would join

Quick intro - I am a lover of all things Disney! I'm a single mom to two sons - ages 24 and 19. My youngest is in the Disney College Program and we are driving down next weekend to pick him up.

We will be at WDW from December 23rd - January 3rd. I also plan to visit several non Disney parks while we're there. Then we are spending two days at Disney's Hilton Head resort before we head back home.

I already know nurse.darcy (Hi Darcy ). We met during my solo trip to WDW in May 2009. Looking forward to getting know everyone else!

1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #233
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB513 View Post
Hi everyone! I just found this thread and after reading all 16 pages I thought I would join

Quick intro - I am a lover of all things Disney! I'm a single mom to two sons - ages 24 and 19. My youngest is in the Disney College Program and we are driving down next weekend to pick him up.

We will be at WDW from December 23rd - January 3rd. I also plan to visit several non Disney parks while we're there. Then we are spending two days at Disney's Hilton Head resort before we head back home.

I already know nurse.darcy (Hi Darcy ). We met during my solo trip to WDW in May 2009. Looking forward to getting know everyone else!
Hi Angela! Welcome to the group!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #234
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Hi Angela! Welcome to the group!
Thanks chiburple!

1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #235
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Okay, so I want to get this thread moving a bit so I am going to ask questions. . .generic types but Disney related. Oh, and welcome to the newbies and the newly unlurking ones. . .lol.

Question #1:

We all know we are crazy about Disney and sometimes do solo trips, but do you plan solo vacations anywhere else besides Disney? If so, where?
In addition to WDW, I've gone to Mexico, New York, China (but stayed 1/2 the time with a friend that lives there). I've done a few 'road trips' myself too, but not really Vacations as I'm usualy driving to/from home to visit Family/Friends. But I love driving bymyself, don't have to worry about anyone going deaf from my singing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post

Scooby with some other Dis ornaments ... I love the 'Cars' themed WDW vehicle ornaments. There's a WDW bus in the upper left

'Cars' monorail along with some of the guitar stuff to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2 View Post
I love to travel to U.K. by myself. Really easy to navigate and not that long of a flight. Planning my solo birthday trip there now. It is still a bit up in the air though because I am planning something a bit bigger.

My plan is to quit my job, sell all my stuff and take off traveling the world for about 2 years. Right now my tentative plan is to take off in 15 months.

All I can say is that I am scared crapless but determined to do this.
A two year world trip sound like so much fun, super jealous! Good for you for being determined, it will be worth it, I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tonga Wingo~ View Post
Hi.

I'm a newbie to this board (can't believe I just only found it today). I'm planning a solo trip for October or maybe June (not sure if I can not be in the World for my birthday). October seems better though. Can anyone recommend a good Disney resort for a solo gal? I'm thinking POFQ. I stayed at POR for one night this year and it was fabulous. I've always forced family to go with me lol. But not next year. Next year, I'm doing what I want. Also anyone done MNSSHP solo?

And...I'm a shot of tequila type
I went to MNSSHP solo, it was lots of fun. I dressed up and got an awsome picture with the villans.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #236
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Sorry I have been MIA lately on here...it has been a busy time of year around the house as my mom's family was over for Thanksgiving and we are having them over for our Christmas on Sunday. Plus going to hockey games and dealing with a Christmas Dinner Meeting...I am ready for the holiday's to be over!!!

I am working on my day trip in Feb on what my DBFF and I are going to hit when we are there (only going to Epcot and MK).

Since we just booked our Christmas 2013 trip as a family, I have to start thinking of what we want to do that week (taking the camper down for the week).

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #237
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Did anyone see the Sandy Relief Concert last night? There were some pretty good acts. Being from NJ, it was kind of surreal watching such an event to benefit areas that I have spend so much time at.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #238
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have been hanging on to this information for days. . .couldn't post a picture so put it on hold till I got home from vacation. . .lol.

I am engaged!!!!!!!!

My beautiful ring. I am a very happy girl. No date yet or plans, but stay tuned. More to come.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #239
DMOMof3
When will my DS14 ease up on this growth spurt?
I know I will get the help I need here

Congratulations!!!!!

ME 51 DD 27 DS 24 DD 22 DGS 8
DMOMof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #240
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMOMof3 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!
Thanks sweetie.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: