Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #811
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

We are staying at POP for the first time in Jan. (37 days!!)
Had a couple of questions..

Does POP offer loaner bedrails? I have read that some resorts do.
And secondly, my DD (4) loves Lady and the Tramp. Should I try to request a room in that section, or is it close enough to walk to from anywhere? We are only staying 4 days, so won't have a lot of time for meandering around the resort.

First trip, May 01', WL**August 08' offsite, Mike Ditka's resort**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip + anniversary, POP**Looking forward to January 14' for a WONDER-ful first trip + anniversary on DCL
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #812
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by apentney View Post
I will be driving all night (12-13 hrs) if our room is available will POP let us check in early? Talking around 8:00-9:00am.
I have the opposite problem. I just got a schedule change notice from American Airlines. I am now arriving at MCO at 11:00 pm. After fetching our bags and transferring to the Magic Express, I'd estimate that we will arrive at the POP after midnight.

Will anybody be there? We are arriving for the marathon, and I imagine that the hotel will be full. Does Disney overbook? Think they will still have a room for us arriving that late?

Will there be bell services? Will the kitchen be open? I'd appreciate any insights for anybody who has arrived at WDW that late.

Rick
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #813
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

This is probably an odd question but this is our first stay at the POP. Are the comforters on the beds like a down comforter with a duvet or no? I'm weird about covers and need to know if I should bring my own from home.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #814
Coopers2006
Coopers2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Disney did remove the DSA that was located off to the side of back entrance to Classic Hall (near the Petals Bar).

There is a DSA to the far left of Classic Hall (near the former Goofy POP Jets area) bldgs 10 & 6 & 5 are convenient.

In the 50s area there is a DSA near the doghouse - so anyone of the 50s bldgs (1, 2, or 3) or bldg 4 (60s).

For any of the lake view rooms in bldgs 2,3,4,5,6 there are several DSAs that line memory lane.

Refering to the 2012 map, note the DSA and smoking symbols (ignore the now removed DSAs by Classic Hall).
Thank you so much! Took me over an hour to finally find the answer I was looking for
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #815
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiesmommy08
We are staying at POP for the first time in Jan. (37 days!! )
Had a couple of questions..

Does POP offer loaner bedrails? I have read that some resorts do.
And secondly, my DD (4) loves Lady and the Tramp. Should I try to request a room in that section, or is it close enough to walk to from anywhere? We are only staying 4 days, so won't have a lot of time for meandering around the resort.
Yes they do...
and I would definitely request the 50's section then and you could even ask for Bldg 1! I often ask for specific bldgs and get them. bldg 1 is one of my favorites! Good Luck and have a great trip!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #816
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq
Quote:

Originally Posted by apentney

I will be driving all night (12-13 hrs) if our room is available will POP let us check in early? Talking around 8:00-9:00am.

I have the opposite problem. I just got a schedule change notice from American Airlines. I am now arriving at MCO at 11:00 pm. After fetching our bags and transferring to the Magic Express, I'd estimate that we will arrive at the POP after midnight.

Will anybody be there? We are arriving for the marathon, and I imagine that the hotel will be full. Does Disney overbook? Think they will still have a room for us arriving that late?

Will there be bell services? Will the kitchen be open? I'd appreciate any insights for anybody who has arrived at WDW that late.

Rick
Yes, I have arrived that late and while not ideal it's not the end of the world.

I guess it's always possible for them to overbook, but I think that is RARE! If you are truly concerned, log onto the website and see if you can book a room during your dates. If you can, I'd say don't sweat it. I haven't heard of people not getting a room when they show up. Normally, Disney knows they've overbooked a hotel and they contact people to upgrade...so again, If I were you I really wouldn't worry.

Yes, there will be bell services. Late night staff is limited and BS looks closed but there will be staff there to help. The Food Court closes at midnight. Most of the counters close at 10pm. the pizza and burger options are available until 11pm. after that, it's basically just the cold case items, desserts, bakery stuff & prepackaged items and beverages. HTH!!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #817
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wise One
This is probably an odd question but this is our first stay at the POP. Are the comforters on the beds like a down comforter with a duvet or no? I'm weird about covers and need to know if I should bring my own from home.
No, they are a bedspread style. Not super thin...but what I would consider a true bedspread. Sorry

Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #818
jsmla
DIS Veteran

Preferred Rooms at Pop Century

Which building would you request? I don't really care much about the view but would really like a quiet(ish) room near the food court. I have a preferred standard (aka not pool) view room booked.

I'm thinking I want top floor, right? I'm calling to add my flight info and thought I 'd put in a building request while I'm on the phone.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #819
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmla
Which building would you request? I don't really care much about the view but would really like a quiet(ish) room near the food court. I have a preferred standard (aka not pool) view room booked.

I'm thinking I want top floor, right? I'm calling to add my flight info and thought I 'd put in a building request while I'm on the phone.

Thanks!
I like bldgs 5, 4 and 1 in that order. Now that said I have had a standard pool view during June in bldg 1 and it was NEVER noisy. I hardly saw more than 5 people in the pool. On occasion there would be, but not very often. But you said you have a preferred room. I think bldgs 4 &5 are the absolute closest to classic hall which has the food court and I cut thru classic hall to get to the bus stops. Good Luck with your request!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #820
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgreenesq

Rick
Someone will be at the checkin, foodcourt closes at midnight, not sure about bell service.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #821
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Quote:

Thanks!
On our recent stay we were in building 3 lakeview. It was awesome to be able to see the fireworks from both Epcot and MK. It was about a 3 min walk to classic hall!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #822
ph-mtl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
On our recent stay we were in building 3 lakeview. It was awesome to be able to see the fireworks from both Epcot and MK. It was about a 3 min walk to classic hall!
We have also stayed in building 3 top floor lakeview it was
really quite and a great view. We will be arriving Dec 11th which is tomorrow.
We will be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary which is actual today.
so excited will not be getting much sleep tonite
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #823
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph-mtl
We have also stayed in building 3 top floor lakeview it was
really quite and a great view. We will be arriving Dec 11th which is tomorrow.
We will be celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary which is actual today.
so excited will not be getting much sleep tonite
Bldg 3 lake view (and top floor) rocks!! We usually always request 4th floor (and ask for an end room) - its ultra quiet.

Have a fabulous time and happy anniversary!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #824
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
jsmia! As other posters have said, bldg 4 & 5 are super close to classic hall. also either 6 or 10 (70s) would also be very good. Pick the theming you best perhaps? And yes I would request the 4th floor - those upper floors do tend to be quieter.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #825
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

We are staying dec 30 and 31 in a standard room, where are these rooms located
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: