Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

I hope it is not exactly like DL. I really would prefer if it was only RSR and then expand the Pixar area with other Pixar themed attractions and not solely Cars themed.

I have not made it to DL-CA yet and if they keep making the same attractions in both locations, it is going to make it seem unnecessary.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Holeshot1982
Mouseketeer

That's awesome.... wonder how long it will take to build?
Holeshot1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
EagleFlyer
Mouseketeer

That's great news! I was totally underwhelmed by DHS on our trip, although I chalk some of that up to fatigue since we went there on our last day. It seemed like at the end we were just killing time until the Osborne lights came on. We did the backlot tour and I was unimpressed. We got to see a few old cars, an old airplane, a few employees working in the costuming department. The waterfall thing was neat and the water explosions at the beginning were ok but most of the ride was just a time killer in my opinion. If it wasn't for TSMM and the Muppets, we'd really have no reason to go back on our next trip to WDW.
EagleFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

I've not been to Cars Land yet, but I heard it's great. And, having done the backlot tour, I could see that it's time to end.

However, without the backlot tour and the stunt show, HS is losing two of the 4 attractions that make this HS a "Studio". The only 2 left are "The Great Movie Ride" and "The Magic of Disney Animation".

Now, much like a lot of MK, DL, and DCA, HS will just feature attractions that are based on movies. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but exactly is HS if it's not studio-themed anymore?
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
I've not been to Cars Land yet, but I heard it's great. And, having done the backlot tour, I could see that it's time to end.

However, without the backlot tour and the stunt show, HS is losing two of the 4 attractions that make this HS a "Studio". The only 2 left are "The Great Movie Ride" and "The Magic of Disney Animation".

Now, much like a lot of MK, DL, and DCA, HS will just feature attractions that are based on movies. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but exactly is HS if it's not studio-themed anymore?
Great point!

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
wolf29
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Must include Indy & American Idol as "Studio" attractions. We enjoy the Backlot Tour & LMA, but it would be tough to to any kind of refurb to freshen them up, and they take up a huge amount of real estate. Time for a change!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #22
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf29 View Post
Must include Indy & American Idol as "Studio" attractions. We enjoy the Backlot Tour & LMA, but it would be tough to to any kind of refurb to freshen them up, and they take up a huge amount of real estate. Time for a change!
I agree that it's time for a change - but perhaps the change needs to happen at a more fundamental level. HS - (like the original Universal Studios) is based on the idea of a "back lot" tour, a behind-the-scenes look at movie making. Perhaps people aren't as interested in that kind of thing anymore. Computer animation, blue screens, special effects, etc. now dominate moviemaking - the days of making entire sets is nearly over.

Secondly, the movies that were "classic" when HS was built are certainly "classics" for film buffs, but I would bet that the majority of Disney guests haven't seen them. They're at least a generation removed from the current film audience. Perhaps Disney should take a cue from the "remakes" being done today, and focus on the movies that today's Disney parents like, rather than the ones that their parents liked.

So, maybe the whole HS needs a makeover in this direction. Perhaps they can move away from back lots, props, and sets, and more towards digital creation, and choose to recreate the movies of a different generation.
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
ASteelersMidget
DIS Veteran

"The same thing we try to every night Ferb!

Try to take over the world!!!!"

The Phineas, the Phineas and the Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb, Ferb.

ASteelersMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

They don't need Carsland, they need a Villains section. Wouldn't "Maleficent's Mountain" roller coaster sound cool with her and the raven around, then her in dragon form?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGirlLovesTink View Post
Just read this and I am soooo excited!! DHS is in need of something big like this! Who else is excited?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Pa...ce=twitterfeed
Don't get too excited about Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

There was no such official announcement at the WDW media event.

Sure, it could still happen. But a lot of other things could happen too.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar

Don't get too excited about Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

There was no such official announcement at the WDW media event.

Sure, it could still happen. But a lot of other things could happen too.
I totally agree. Until I hear it from the mouse itself, it's still a rumor. Love how the DIS thinks they are breaking news. All they are really doing is fueling more speculation.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

So there is still hope that Disney will still do something new, imaginative and possibly magical at MGM? Wow! Who would have thunk a money grubbing conglomerate would do that without public pressure?

Oh wait...They haven't really done anything yet except get the sheeple in an uproar over Cars Land v Pixar land...

Come on people demand more from these morons than a .75 per share dividend! Disgusting!
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree that it's time for a change - but perhaps the change needs to happen at a more fundamental level. HS - (like the original Universal Studios) is based on the idea of a "back lot" tour, a behind-the-scenes look at movie making. Perhaps people aren't as interested in that kind of thing anymore. Computer animation, blue screens, special effects, etc. now dominate moviemaking - the days of making entire sets is nearly over.

Secondly, the movies that were "classic" when HS was built are certainly "classics" for film buffs, but I would bet that the majority of Disney guests haven't seen them. They're at least a generation removed from the current film audience. Perhaps Disney should take a cue from the "remakes" being done today, and focus on the movies that today's Disney parents like, rather than the ones that their parents liked.

So, maybe the whole HS needs a makeover in this direction. Perhaps they can move away from back lots, props, and sets, and more towards digital creation, and choose to recreate the movies of a different generation.
I agree, HS is suppose to be a "Studio", so they need to keep with some of that at the least. I like the idea of expansion to Pixar Place, I think they can really do some nice things. Maybe they can keep some of the costume, prop, set, animation areas, etc as a nice walk through or something. Or build like a relaxing people mover type ride that could go through some of that, in and out of Pixar Place...i dunno...i am coming up with ideas on the go here.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #29
disneydude2000
Earning My Ears

I wish they would do crush's coaster from paris that is fun
disneydude2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
King Triton
DIS Veteran

That's great news!

Another COOL ride to add is "Journey To The Center OF The Earth" like the one in DisneySea in Tokyo. I wish Disney would bring this to Disney World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN89z...ture=endscreen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: