DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.

What you're saying is correct with regards to foreign buyers when working directly with Disney.
I haven't bought or sold outside the country but why would there be a requirement for a US notary. Your statement was "Disney only accepts US authorized notaries". This is not a Disney question but rather a State of Florida and County question as it pertains to the deed plus any requirements the closing company themselves might have. I see no requirement on the OC website for a US notary. If the country records it and it's done correctly under FL law, Disney will have no choice to be accept it.

I found this on a website
Quote:
The only foreign notary accepted in the United States is from Canada. All others must be performed at the American Consulate in the foreign country or in the presence of an Apostille in which the signing party is physically located.
If you have additional info please enlighten me, honestly, I just want the correct info to be presented.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

When I started seriously shopping around for a resale contract, I also researched the implications if I were to decide to sell my DVC later.

Unfortunately, I can't remember which post I got it from, but it was a Canadian seller who had his documents returned because he used a Canadian notary and not a US one. There were also threads from Canadian DVC'ers discussing the easiest way to get their documents signed - many just did day trips to the US.

I'll look for them again. But if what you are saying is correct, that would be much easier. I too would like to have accurate information.

To OP - did the closing company specifically tell you that your sellers were having a hard time finding an appropriate notary because they were in Canada?

In any case, I feel your pain. The extra wait seems endless...
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
To OP - did the closing company specifically tell you that your sellers were having a hard time finding an appropriate notary because they were in Canada?

In any case, I feel your pain. The extra wait seems endless...
I was talking to the closing agent on the phone and asked if the seller had sent the contracts back in yet. She said "no", then said something along the lines of ...oh, I see the sellers are in Canada. I'd better give them a call in case they're having problems.

It didn't seem like it was as easy as if they were in the US.
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: