DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.

What you're saying is correct with regards to foreign buyers when working directly with Disney.
I haven't bought or sold outside the country but why would there be a requirement for a US notary. Your statement was "Disney only accepts US authorized notaries". This is not a Disney question but rather a State of Florida and County question as it pertains to the deed plus any requirements the closing company themselves might have. I see no requirement on the OC website for a US notary. If the country records it and it's done correctly under FL law, Disney will have no choice to be accept it.

I found this on a website
Quote:
The only foreign notary accepted in the United States is from Canada. All others must be performed at the American Consulate in the foreign country or in the presence of an Apostille in which the signing party is physically located.
If you have additional info please enlighten me, honestly, I just want the correct info to be presented.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: