DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

How long do I wait?

We are in the process of closing 400pts for SSR. We are through ROFR and overnighted our final payment and closing contracts on Nov 21st. The seller has not yet sent in their signed/notarized contract. I just found out they are in Canada and finding a Notary isn't simple. How long do they have to send it in? The closing agent gave them until Dec 2nd. It's now Dec 9th. Do I have any options?
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymagicforme View Post
We are in the process of closing 400pts for SSR. We are through ROFR and overnighted our final payment and closing contracts on Nov 21st. The seller has not yet sent in their signed/notarized contract. I just found out they are in Canada and finding a Notary isn't simple. How long do they have to send it in? The closing agent gave them until Dec 2nd. It's now Dec 9th. Do I have any options?
So sorry this is happening to you. All you can do is wait or cancel. Under the circumstances try to be patient and hopefully things will go smoothly.

Something similar happened to us and we ended up cancelling but our sellers just quit communicating with the broker. Very frustrating.

Hang in there and best of luck!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to us. We ended up cancelling the contract. I know how frustrating the situation is, but you have no control over when the sellers send in their paperwork. You can either tough it out, or cancel - neither of which are great choices for you at the moment - I remember how it felt.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

We are so looking forward to booking our first trip! I guess I'll wait until next week and see what happens. . . I hope we don't have to start over.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
mort1331
Mouseketeer

I am from Canada, there are notaries on every corner. Its called a lawyer, if its taking that long, i would call the agent and ask whats up
ps not sure where your from, but its only the 7th here, same calender, i think. Give yours a look, maybe that they had till the 12th?
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Not sure were in Canada they are from but if its a city then there are loads of places to get a document notarized.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

from reading around in the other threads, they have to get it notarized in the US Embassy or something.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Same here...my sellers received their documents on Nov 9th; the documents were received this morning dec 7th (4 weeks...). They were in the UK.

Read your contract. Mine said that it needed to close within 95 days from the date of execution (when both parties have signed the first set of documents).

I'm also in Canada; yes we have notaries/lawyers all over the place. But Disney only accepts US authorized notaries. For us, that means either getting an appointment at the US embassy, or driving to the states.
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

Sorry my dates were messed up, I was looking at Dec 2011, not 2012. The closing agent requested the docs back by Nov 30. She called me on Tuesday Dec. 4th and said she had a email from the sellers that said they were sending the contracts in. So far, no contracts.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Same here...my sellers received their documents on Nov 9th; the documents were received this morning dec 7th (4 weeks...). They were in the UK.

Read your contract. Mine said that it needed to close within 95 days from the date of execution (when both parties have signed the first set of documents).

I'm also in Canada; yes we have notaries/lawyers all over the place. But Disney only accepts US authorized notaries. For us, that means either getting an appointment at the US embassy, or driving to the states.
Yes, my contract says 95 days too. I guess I'm waiting. Glad you finally received yours!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

thats a lott of points ,hope things work out for you .
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
mort1331
Mouseketeer

only a US authorized? For some that may not be worth the drive or wait, if there not close to the boarder or one of the big cities where theres an embassy. Doesnt sound right, but I dont have to sell yet. But I am buying, hope the same isnt true. There must be some lawyers in town that have some cred on both sides?
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's for direct purchases and does not pertain directly to resale purchases. I haven't heard that the state has a US notary requirement for the deed and I'd bet the closing company doesn't have that requirement. Even Disney has waived this requirement at least once that was reported here on this board.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
That's for direct purchases and does not pertain directly to resale purchases. I haven't heard that the state has a US notary requirement for the deed and I'd bet the closing company doesn't have that requirement. Even Disney has waived this requirement at least once that was reported here on this board.
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.

What you're saying is correct with regards to foreign buyers when working directly with Disney.
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.
Unfortunately, the sellers are in Canada.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: