DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

How long do I wait?

We are in the process of closing 400pts for SSR. We are through ROFR and overnighted our final payment and closing contracts on Nov 21st. The seller has not yet sent in their signed/notarized contract. I just found out they are in Canada and finding a Notary isn't simple. How long do they have to send it in? The closing agent gave them until Dec 2nd. It's now Dec 9th. Do I have any options?
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
DizBub
Totally Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 1,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymagicforme View Post
We are in the process of closing 400pts for SSR. We are through ROFR and overnighted our final payment and closing contracts on Nov 21st. The seller has not yet sent in their signed/notarized contract. I just found out they are in Canada and finding a Notary isn't simple. How long do they have to send it in? The closing agent gave them until Dec 2nd. It's now Dec 9th. Do I have any options?
So sorry this is happening to you. All you can do is wait or cancel. Under the circumstances try to be patient and hopefully things will go smoothly.

Something similar happened to us and we ended up cancelling but our sellers just quit communicating with the broker. Very frustrating.

Hang in there and best of luck!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran
 
cvjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 3,127

Same thing happened to us. We ended up cancelling the contract. I know how frustrating the situation is, but you have no control over when the sellers send in their paperwork. You can either tough it out, or cancel - neither of which are great choices for you at the moment - I remember how it felt.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

We are so looking forward to booking our first trip! I guess I'll wait until next week and see what happens. . . I hope we don't have to start over.
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
mort1331
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 167

I am from Canada, there are notaries on every corner. Its called a lawyer, if its taking that long, i would call the agent and ask whats up
ps not sure where your from, but its only the 7th here, same calender, i think. Give yours a look, maybe that they had till the 12th?
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Mike2023
DIS Veteran
 
Mike2023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,279

Not sure were in Canada they are from but if its a city then there are loads of places to get a document notarized.
__________________
Check out my Disney Vacation Planning Tools HERE where you can get pdf files for your Phone / iPad / PC / Mac.


{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
myxdvz
DVC - BLT
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 650

from reading around in the other threads, they have to get it notarized in the US Embassy or something.
__________________
Kids: W(2), X (9), Y(7), Z(5)
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal, CANADA
Posts: 302

Same here...my sellers received their documents on Nov 9th; the documents were received this morning dec 7th (4 weeks...). They were in the UK.

Read your contract. Mine said that it needed to close within 95 days from the date of execution (when both parties have signed the first set of documents).

I'm also in Canada; yes we have notaries/lawyers all over the place. But Disney only accepts US authorized notaries. For us, that means either getting an appointment at the US embassy, or driving to the states.
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #9
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

Sorry my dates were messed up, I was looking at Dec 2011, not 2012. The closing agent requested the docs back by Nov 30. She called me on Tuesday Dec. 4th and said she had a email from the sellers that said they were sending the contracts in. So far, no contracts.
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Same here...my sellers received their documents on Nov 9th; the documents were received this morning dec 7th (4 weeks...). They were in the UK.

Read your contract. Mine said that it needed to close within 95 days from the date of execution (when both parties have signed the first set of documents).

I'm also in Canada; yes we have notaries/lawyers all over the place. But Disney only accepts US authorized notaries. For us, that means either getting an appointment at the US embassy, or driving to the states.
Yes, my contract says 95 days too. I guess I'm waiting. Glad you finally received yours!
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer
 
rmcildw2m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Summerfield nc
Posts: 486

thats a lott of points ,hope things work out for you .
__________________
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1334991637.jpg
]url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']
rmcildw2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
mort1331
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 167

only a US authorized? For some that may not be worth the drive or wait, if there not close to the boarder or one of the big cities where theres an embassy. Doesnt sound right, but I dont have to sell yet. But I am buying, hope the same isnt true. There must be some lawyers in town that have some cred on both sides?
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
I'm also in Canada; yes we have notaries/lawyers all over the place. But Disney only accepts US authorized notaries. For us, that means either getting an appointment at the US embassy, or driving to the states.
That's for direct purchases and does not pertain directly to resale purchases. I haven't heard that the state has a US notary requirement for the deed and I'd bet the closing company doesn't have that requirement. Even Disney has waived this requirement at least once that was reported here on this board.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal, CANADA
Posts: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
That's for direct purchases and does not pertain directly to resale purchases. I haven't heard that the state has a US notary requirement for the deed and I'd bet the closing company doesn't have that requirement. Even Disney has waived this requirement at least once that was reported here on this board.
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.

What you're saying is correct with regards to foreign buyers when working directly with Disney.
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
Disneymagicforme
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard Valley View Post
Just to clarify, I understood that the OP's sellers were in Canada. All sellers need to get their closing documents notarized by a US-authorized notary.
Unfortunately, the sellers are in Canada.
Disneymagicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.