Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #1471
Shlooma
Earning My Ears

Excuse my ignorance but what is an LGMH?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #1472
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
Now that I am posting in the right place ()

DH and I are surprising our kids with a trip to Orlando as our big Christmas gift this year. It has been over 3 years since we took a proper vacation so this will be a big deal. We have been to WDW 3 times but have never stayed on site. The kids are going to be in shock!

I've looked & looked and looked some more and finally decided on POR

We have 5 kids: newborn, 2, 6, 9 & 11

I am hoping we can book the royal room for the kids and a regular room for DH and I (with the baby). We would absolutely need the rooms adjoining though for obvious reasons. I am hoping that they will be able to do this??

We will be arriving Jan 29th and not sure if we will stay 3 or 4 nights.

Should be exciting!!!! Can't wait to get there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #1473
Melissabo
Mouseketeer

We just got home on Tuesday evening from a 6 night stay in one of the mansions 8500 building. Overall we loved the resort and found a vast majority of the staff super friendly and helpful.

I did have an issue, I accidentally left my phone on one of the beds and it was missing when I returned in the room in the afternoon. I attempted to ask a member of house keeping who was cleaning rooms two doors down from me. She asked why I was asking and I nicely stated that my phone was missing and I wanted to check if maybe they turned it in to lost and found. As soon as I said missing phone she she stopped looking at me and acted like she couldn't understand me, started shaking her head, no no etc. I asked if she knew who cleaned our room or who I could speak with who may be able to tell me. She just repeated, I don't know over and over. This made me really uncomfortable. I called house keeping who connected me to lost and found. At this point I knew something was up b/c DH tried calling my phone and it was going straight to voice mail. My phone is password protected set by my work. I've personally entered the password incorrectly and it takes many attempts before te phone shuts down to safe mode. I knew at this point it was most likely in safe mode.

I reported to lost and found that my phone was missing from my room. I was told by the person on the phone that I was mistaken and that housekeeping found a phone but not in my room. I was asked to describe the phone. I did, then I was asked what picture was on the screen and I honestly couldn't think of what screen she may be looking at. I told her there would be a password prompt on the screen. She said give me the password. I told her no, bring me the phone and I will put the password in I front of you and you can verify that it is infact my phone. She abruptly said, that is enough we will bring the phone down. 40 min later no phone so I called again. About 10 min later someone from housekeeping came down with the phone and a statement for me to sign that they found the phone in the Parking lot. I signed it because I really didn't want to let it ruin my vacation but it was upsetting. Lesson learned, double check your room for valuables before leaving.

When I got my phone back it was in safe mode. I had to reset it so someone tried many times to enter the incorrect password. I think that because it was useless maybe that is why I got it back do I would also recommend password protecting electronics.

Last edited by Melissabo; 12-06-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Trying to type on my phone, my app isn't working properly.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #1474
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlooma View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is an LGMH?
Lime Green Mickey Head

Originated from taking paint samples from Home Depot and laminating them or something creative and then hanging them from camera bags or book bags.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1475
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtownpatty View Post
Thanks to all for the help and tips. I received an email in response to my fax that our room requests will be taken care of! I have sent a fax on our last two trips (ASM and CBR) and never received any response. This shows me that POR must have a very high level of customer service. We arrive Sunday (me, DH, DS10) and we couldn't be more excited. Now just one last day of school and a swim meet and we will be on our way! Oh, and a whole lot of packing lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We arrive sunday as well! Really looking forward to this trip!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #1476
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Maybe Ill make my way over there with my LGMH tags and see if anyone spots me.
How does everyone attach their LGMHs? I made some too. I guess with ribbon?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1477
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
I sent my fax in a few days ago and did not get a response. Should I be worried or just leave it alone?
I sort of freaked out because it seemed people were sending in their faxes early. I sent mine in 6 days before our arrival day and didn't hear anything until today, which is 3 days before we check in. I was told they were assigning rooms for my check in date today (again, 3 days out). I don't think they actually physically assign rooms until closer to your arrival, which makes sense to me!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #1478
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem
I sent my fax in a few days ago and did not get a response. Should I be worried or just leave it alone?
I sent my fax 5 days out and heard back the next day. Silly question, but did you include your email address on your fax?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #1479
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

I MUST GO PACK NOW way to easy to Have to take DH to train station at 5am tomorrow morning which means dragging 3 kids along and out of bed and then home again to shower and pack up toiletries, refrigerator meds, get kids showered and not forget electronic chargers. . oh what else?! shoes, paperwork, blah blah blah, ALL worth it in 72 hours when we will be standing admist the Magic and snow on Main Street!

See ya real soon!

AUG 1977, OCT 1985, OCT 1986, DEC 1988, DEC 1991, FEB 1995, JAN 2000, DEC 2001, FEB 2005, SEPT 2005, JAN 2007, SEPT 2007 and again SEPT 2007!MAR/APRIL 2008, SEPT 2008
Our 1st Cruise Ever on the Disney Magic 9/18-26/2009
Our 2nd Cruise on the Magic EBTA April 2010
WDW Dec 2010 WDW Jan 2011 WDW Jan 2012

And many more I am dreaming about and holding a onboard discount for!URL="http://www.disboards.com/"][/URL]
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #1480
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Ok well we are booked for Jan 29- Feb 2!!

We had to book 2 of the Royal Rooms in order to have the adjoining guaranteed but we can live with that!!!

So excited. This is going to be the best Christmas present ever

Off to figure out all the details....
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #1481
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
How does everyone attach their LGMHs? I made some too. I guess with ribbon?
I went out and bought some of those ball chains like this:
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #1482
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Hello all, I'm joining in here again. I've gone back and forth with plans, but I finally decided tonight..change the 1st ressie, and I feel good about it!
The kids and I are heading down for a week on our own, so we've booked a royal room.
After a week there, we'll switch over to BC and DH will join us there (he can only take a week off work, and I teach, so I have the summer off. )
Anyway, I've booked a Royal Room - Garden view. I'd love some help with room requests for this particular view if someone could help me. I'd like to be as close to the "hub" as possible, or a quiet pool even.

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #1483
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
Ok well we are booked for Jan 29- Feb 2!!

We had to book 2 of the Royal Rooms in order to have the adjoining guaranteed but we can live with that!!!

So excited. This is going to be the best Christmas present ever

Off to figure out all the details....
There's no way to have a Royal room and a regular room that are adjoining because the buildings that have Royal rooms have only Royal rooms. Specifically, all the rooms in the Oak Manor and Parterre Place buildings in the Magnolia Bend section are Royal rooms.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #1484
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what building is the closest to the main building (without being preferred), that would have a king bed? The preferreds don't have kings, which is what we normally book. Which buildings exactly are considered preffered? (only on AB side please, were not fans of the mansion side). Thanks for your help!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #1485
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph2527 View Post
Does anyone know what building is the closest to the main building (without being preferred), that would have a king bed? The preferreds don't have kings, which is what we normally book. Which buildings exactly are considered preffered? (only on AB side please, were not fans of the mansion side). Thanks for your help!
From looking at the map here http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php looks like building 16 or 17 would be the closest. Also from the description of the King Bed rooms on Andre's website, there are some King's available in the preferred buildings.

I am pretty sure that since both King Bed and Preferred are bookable catagories, you'll have to make a choice as to which is more important and the other would be a request. You can book a preferred location and request a King or book a King and request a preferred locations. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will be by shortly to correct me.

Last edited by dansdad; 12-07-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: