Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #1456
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
That IS good! Anytime you are in group A that is good! I didn't pay for Early Bird Boarding because I'm a cheapo.....hoping I don't regret that! I can check in tomorrow for our Saturday flight.

How are you getting your boarding passes for the return trip home? That just occured to me. Will we be able to print them 24 hours in advance like we are for our flight TO MCO?

We arrive in the afternoon but our first FULL day we have a 7:05 am ADR for Chef Mickey
You can get the concierge desk at your resort to print your boarding pass for you. You just need your confirmation number for your ressie and they will take care of it for you!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #1457
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere Lover View Post
You can add me to the list of POFQ attendees. We will be there 12/10 thru 12/16. I have less than 72 hours to go before we leave for Pop for one night, I am super excited!!!!!!!
DISers staying at POR in December 2012
Here's the updated list of December Port Orleans inhabitants. lol

mom2travel (kristine) POFQ Dec 6-9
That Mom (Karen/Sara) POR RGR Dec 6-11
BDL (Sean) POR-RGR Dec 7-13
WedgieSock (Arwen) POR Royal Guest Rooms, Oak Manor Dec 7-13
Maddie's Nana (Sue) POR Dec. 8-9th
alorac (Tom) POR MB? Dec 8-13th
ksromack (Kathy) POR AB? Dec 9-17th
Geckodani POFQ 10 - 15.
Lumiere Lover POFQ Dec 10-16th
Lovingeire POR Dec 11th
Ambermiller6970 POR Dec 20- Jan3
1stvisit0909 POFQ Dec 24-31
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #1458
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Psh...we are all life long friends now. There will be a Dec '12 Forever thread. But, really..Tofu is going to make a new thread for mini trip reports.

Eta:I am not sure Psh is really the sound I was going for. Please fill in your own. I meant it like, oh please. If that makes sense.
Like Pish Posh, right?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #1459
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
On behalf of the entire Flying Fish Café Family of Service Professionals,
We thank you for attending our Special Winery Series Event and Wish You & Yours All The Best for a Happy & Festive Holiday Season.

Price is $185 all- inclusive. Limit 40 people. We booked.
Yum! Looks like a memorable event!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #1460
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
And, I was finally able to do on-line check in today but it gave me a message that said DME did not have my flight info. When I pull up my ressie, it clearly shows the flight info but when I called DME they said they didn't have it. I swear I have had more technical issues with Disney's site this time. You would think there is a little mouse running on a wheel to keep their server up and running!
I hope you make a miraculous recovery and will be snot free for your anniversary
Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #1461
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Psh...we are all life long friends now. There will be a Dec '12 Forever thread. But, really..Tofu is going to make a new thread for mini trip reports.
Where's a like button when you need it! Besides, I'm sure no one is going to disappear until after we all know how Val likes her new job at the very least!
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #1462
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Oops, hit send too fast.

I'm thinking about buying a new compact digital camera before we leave. I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but I feel bad making DH lug it around the parks all day for a week. I have had two Nikon coolpix cameras and have not liked either one of them. If you try to use the zoom in low light the pictures are totally blurred. I'm thinking about trying out a Canon this time. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on it or another compact camera?
I have a Canon SX260HS. I'm trying to make myself like it but nothing is as good as my dSLR Canon Rebel.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #1463
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

I told dh we need to see that one (Book of Mormon). So much good theater....so little time (or $$).
I know! The $81 for a balcony seat at the Fox for Book of Mormon is NUTZ, but sissy was threatening dragging me to NY next year just to see it, and that would have been WAY more expensive, so I didn't complain too much!

Still not sure how I'm going to sit through some parts of the show with Mom there, but I bet I'll manage somehow
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #1464
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers
Oops, hit send too fast.

I'm thinking about buying a new compact digital camera before we leave. I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but I feel bad making DH lug it around the parks all day for a week. I have had two Nikon coolpix cameras and have not liked either one of them. If you try to use the zoom in low light the pictures are totally blurred. I'm thinking about trying out a Canon this time. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on it or another compact camera?
I have a Nikon DSLR and an Olympus Tough shock and waterproof compact camera. I love the Olympus and it is about all I take on most trips anymore. Being able to take pics on Kali and Splash (not to mention underwater in pools and the ocean) is so much fun, and I don't have to worry about it if it rains or I drop it. The photo quality is not as good as the Nikon, but the prints even at a 16x20 size aren't grainy, so it's not too shabby at all in that respect.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #1465
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was Sarah, I think. SAT887? I am really looking forward to Ohana but I'm not a fan of bread pudding.....I'm surely going to try that one, though! I'm also planning on a Lupa Lupa. I like saying that......Lupa Lupa. It's be a good photo op, don't you think?
Yes, you are right, it was SAT887! Yes, you must try it. I also saw the waitress bring out regular ice cream for someone, so if you hate it, I am sure she would bring you just ice cream. Lupa lupa is a "must do".

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
DisneyDreamerMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #1466
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That IS good! Anytime you are in group A that is good! I didn't pay for Early Bird Boarding because I'm a cheapo.....hoping I don't regret that! I can check in tomorrow for our Saturday flight.

How are you getting your boarding passes for the return trip home? That just occured to me. Will we be able to print them 24 hours in advance like we are for our flight TO MCO?

We arrive in the afternoon but our first FULL day we have a 7:05 am ADR for Chef Mickey
We will have wifi at the house, but I don't know about a printer. We can just print at the airport. That is what we are doing tomorrow, since my laptop that connects to my printer is already in FL with the in-laws.

Did you buy PhotoPass+? When are you going to turn in your voucher? I would like to have it for our Tusker House ADR, but I don't know if the shop in AK will be open by 8:20.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #1467
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
I have a Nikon DSLR and an Olympus Tough shock and waterproof compact camera. I love the Olympus and it is about all I take on most trips anymore. Being able to take pics on Kali and Splash (not to mention underwater in pools and the ocean) is so much fun, and I don't have to worry about it if it rains or I drop it. The photo quality is not as good as the Nikon, but the prints even at a 16x20 size aren't grainy, so it's not too shabby at all in that respect.
We borrowed my Brother-in-law's Olympus Tough this summer when we went to WDW. It was great on all the wet rides and in the rain. We were able to get a really cool video of the big drop on Splash Mountain. We were sitting behind the kids so we were able to get their reactions.

Unfortunately, my lovely DH lost it while we were in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. He set it in his lap and then 10 or 15 minutes later asked me to pass him the camera so he could take some pics... I said: "Ummm, honey... YOU have the camera". We ditched the tubes and walked the river 3 times, no camera. Someone must have picked it up right after he dropped it. Not a good day. Needless to say, no one turned it in and it never made its way to Lost & Found...

Sorry for the tangent - but it really is a great camera!!!!
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom

Last edited by Canadian Disney Mom; 12-06-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #1468
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I have a Canon SX260HS. I'm trying to make myself like it but nothing is as good as my dSLR Canon Rebel.
The sx260 is actually the one I have been leaning towards. How does it do in low light?

tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #1469
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That was Sarah, I think. SAT887? I am really looking forward to Ohana but I'm not a fan of bread pudding.....I'm surely going to try that one, though! I'm also planning on a Lupa Lupa. I like saying that......Lupa Lupa. It's be a good photo op, don't you think?
I looked around after!!! I noticed Jamie too! I needed to sit down and chill out though too... We waited a while and my kids wore me down- especially after my DH was absent for golf this morning.... So I have about 70 pages to catch up on... Eeek!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #1470
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal

beautiful. please tell me more. What's a hair wrap? :D the braid like on the kids hair? how much and where can we do that? TIA
This may have already been answered but I'm not caught up on today's posts...
A hair wrap is the colored threads wrapped around a small section of hair. You can get one at DHS near pizza planet, at AK near where Stitch is (and DVC). Some of the resorts have someone available to do them also

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: