Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Love you TRs
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #32
Cee
DIS Veteran

We feel the same way about Duffy. And did you know....there is an "Elf - Musical!" Oh yes..... It was on Broadway last year and they might be bringing it back this year. Not sure. Maybe another field trip!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

I didn't know about Elf the musical. I will have to check that out.

On our way home now. I have pictures from Epcot last night but was too tired to post when I got home. I will be sure to get them up tomorrow.

Now back to making sure Koala doesn't distract Mom and Dad while they are driving. Koala is my full time job.
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reporting - have a safe trip home.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

On Friday morning we decided we better head to DHS for another round of TSM. We got there around 9, but it was pretty busy already. FP for TSM were up to 11:20! We decided we would get FP and then get right in line even though the wait said 60 minutes. It really wasn't too long, though, since FP return times hadn't started yet. We were only in line for maybe 40 minutes. I thought that was a good sign and that Dad would be able to beat his previous record. No such luck. In the dart popping part of the game, his gun wasn't working, so he lost out on a whole lot of points. It came back in the next round. He still had a pretty good game, but not quite like before.

After that we went over to Epcot to try to get FP for later that night. Epcot was supposed to be really busy, but it wasn't. FP were only up to 1pm, so we rode Nemo again and Figgy and hit up Club Cool.

FP were still only at 4pm and we weren't planning on going back until later, so we set off to try to find a Santa Mickey statue that Mom and Dad saw earlier in the week and finally convinced themselves to buy for our Mickey Christmas Tree room.

They should have learned their lesson before--there have been a few things over the years that they have seen and thought, "I'll get that later" only to find that when they are ready to get it, it's gone. After checking Mouse Gear and the Art of Disney with no luck, we thought it was going to be one of those things.

It was lunch time, so we wanted to try Earl of Sandwich again. We got there and the line was all the way to Mickey's Pantry! We couldn't figure out what was going on, but decided since it was the last day, we would get in line anyway. It took about 25 minutes to get through the line, but we were ok with that.

Mom discovered the kids menu and ordered a grilled cheese. She only eats half a sandwich when she goes there anyway, so I think she'll be ordering from the kids menu from now on. I got PB and J. It was excellent and the jelly blends in with my fur, so that makes it even better.

After a quick trip through Art of Disney and World of Disney and no Santa Mickey to be found, we knew were probably out of luck. So we consoled ourselves with a free piece of Ghiardelli. They had peppermint bark with chocolate on the bottom. Not quite as good as the pumpkin spice squares, but it made us feel better anyway.

We headed back to the room to pack up before heading back to Epcot for the evening. We sat outside for dinner at the Big River Grille. I love that place and since I was just going to be riding in the bag and not walking, Dad let me try a beer sampler. Rocket Red Ale is my favorite.

On the way to Epcot we passed the Screen Door on the Boardwalk and what was in the window???? Santa Mickey!! Woo hoo! So we went in and asked. After about 10 minutes, the lady came back and said they didn't have any more. So Mom asked if they could buy the one in the window. The lady said no--it was for display only. Come on! We couldn't catch a break!

While we were enjoying our relaxed backpack ride to Epcot, Koala was playing around with Mom's phone. He looked like he was up to no good, but I couldn't catch a glimpse of what he was up to.

The last time Koala was left unattended with a phone, he ordered P90X, a Ninja blender, and a Slap Chop. This time, he used his smartphone skills for good and found Santa Mickey online at the Disney Store and was able to get free shipping and a Disney Visa discount. He made Mom's night!!

The line for Soarin was about 65 minutes, but since it was our last night, we decided that we might as well wait. The time was pretty accurate, but it was worth the wait. We entertained the crowd with some karaoke while we waited. You should see our version of "Call Me, Maybe".

Then we headed out for a quick trip around the world. It may be hard to tell, but this is a beaver hat. I don't know why this was in Germany and not Canada, but who is going to argue with the Germans, eh?

These bears looked like they wanted out of there.

Italy looked pretty with its holiday decorations.

I don't know if this an owl, a monkey, or a human...

Koala saw these mini swords and thought they would be really great for sword fighting.

We play speed slice on the Wii all the time, so he thought it would be fun to have real swords to chop things with. Mom didn't agree, so they stayed in Japan.

It was getting late and we had to get up early to go home in the morning, so we headed back through the International Gateway. A trip wouldn't be complete, though, without a trip to Beaches and Cream!

We got up around 5 and were on the road by 6am. I always hate the ride home. It's about 17.5 hours to get home. It could be worse, but the only thing to look forward to is seeing the cat and my Grandparents. Mom and Dad have to go back to work which means that I am stuck watching Koala all by myself during the day. At least there will be Bond-a-Thons on soon and marathons of NCIS and American Pickers.

Although it doesn't look like it, Chloe was happy to see us.

Even though we would rather stay at WDW than come back to reality, we are definitely grateful for the time we can spend there together. We can't wait for our next trip which will have to be sometime before the end of April if we want to get one more trip out of our annual passes.

Thanks for following along with our adventures.

Find me on FB--SSRMonkey Jones.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #36
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

What a fabulous adventure! Looks like you and Koala had a great time! Hope you had a safe trip home! Evil cat Chloe didn't appear to be enjoying her gift of the Mickey hat! Hope Koala behaves for you when mom and dad aren't home!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #37
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

I always check for a new SSRmonkey report when I stop by here - was happy to find this one!

Glad you had such a wonderful trip - really enjoyed reading about your adventures with Koala (and Mom & Dad)
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #38
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Thank you so much for another great trip report. Your ice cream looks yummy. Mint chocolate chip ice cream with choc chip cookies?
I think that is enough to make me take a break from Weight Watchers when I go in December.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #39
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Night vision!!!

Check out my night vision gear!!

I already tried it out in the backyard. I had Dad put on our Nittany Lion suit so he could better simulate a Squatch and had him run around the backyard. I didn't miss a move! I'm going to go get my winter gear on and sit out by our barn tonight and see if there are any Squatches running around in the grapes.

If nothing else, I'll be prepared for our next trip to SSR. I'm thankful for awesome parents!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Love the night vision goggles!! If you're ever in NE Ohio, stop by to see if my DH really is the squatch....he might show up in the night vision goggles!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #41
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I looked over here for your TR. I wish I could have seen you two. I went in October. I used your photo of the castle as a wallpaper for my phone.

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #42
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Chellymouse- I will definitely let you know if ever head that way! I'd love to meet a real live Squatch!

HarlemGirl- I'm sorry we missed you! Hope you had a great time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: