Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #1456
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB View Post
We leave in 2 days - we're so excited! Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the help and information as we planned our trip! Can't wait to get to POR and see the beauty in person
Thats what we are here for. Have a magical visit!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #1457
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

Looks like we will have lots of company on our trip. So excited to be there.Look for the older couple(yes... accused of being grandparents quite often!)with DS9 and DD7 in the food court, around the pool, in the lounge or lobby or riding the ferry to DTD to shop and say Hi! We are at the stage when the 4 older kiddos stay home more then come along. Guess being 30,25,20 and 18 will do that to you. They have all loved it in their time tho.

We are doing MVMCP on the 9th and then staying off site as getting into a Disney resort at midnight or later seems like such a waste of magic minutes

We will check in on 12/10 and stay 4 nights on site in a RR at Parterre Place. Turns out that faxing in request has worked out well for us this time.

Even tho we will check out on Friday we plan to stay the entire day on site and enjoy a few last things before we head home.

First time ever we are taking 2 days down and two days back, health sorta demands it but what a fun thing for us. We usually get in the car and go until we arrive in Orlando around noon the next day after 16 hours on the road. Guess we are getting old for sure. 1000 miles is a 1000 miles still a lot of travel before we pull into POR-R Oh for the days of $49 dollar flights, we used to fly lots more then drive but we do what we have to do and my youngest are happy about it!

AUG 1977, OCT 1985, OCT 1986, DEC 1988, DEC 1991, FEB 1995, JAN 2000, DEC 2001, FEB 2005, SEPT 2005, JAN 2007, SEPT 2007 and again SEPT 2007!MAR/APRIL 2008, SEPT 2008
Our 1st Cruise Ever on the Disney Magic 9/18-26/2009
Our 2nd Cruise on the Magic EBTA April 2010
WDW Dec 2010 WDW Jan 2011 WDW Jan 2012

And many more I am dreaming about and holding a onboard discount for!URL="http://www.disboards.com/"][/URL]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #1458
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to give a shout out to Andrewilley for encouraging me and pointing me in the right direction for my fax. :

AUG 1977, OCT 1985, OCT 1986, DEC 1988, DEC 1991, FEB 1995, JAN 2000, DEC 2001, FEB 2005, SEPT 2005, JAN 2007, SEPT 2007 and again SEPT 2007!MAR/APRIL 2008, SEPT 2008

And many more I am dreaming about and holding a onboard discount for!URL="http://www.disboards.com/"][/URL]
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #1459
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all for the help and tips. I received an email in response to my fax that our room requests will be taken care of! I have sent a fax on our last two trips (ASM and CBR) and never received any response. This shows me that POR must have a very high level of customer service. We arrive Sunday (me, DH, DS10) and we couldn't be more excited. Now just one last day of school and a swim meet and we will be on our way! Oh, and a whole lot of packing lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1460
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtownpatty View Post
Thanks to all for the help and tips. I received an email in response to my fax that our room requests will be taken care of! I have sent a fax on our last two trips (ASM and CBR) and never received any response. This shows me that POR must have a very high level of customer service. We arrive Sunday (me, DH, DS10) and we couldn't be more excited. Now just one last day of school and a swim meet and we will be on our way! Oh, and a whole lot of packing lol.

Thats what we are here for!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #1461
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileybeth View Post
Looks like we will have lots of company on our trip. So excited to be there.Look for the older couple(yes... accused of being grandparents quite often!)with DS9 and DD7 in the food court, around the pool, in the lounge or lobby or riding the ferry to DTD to shop and say Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtownpatty View Post
T We arrive Sunday (me, DH, DS10) and we couldn't be more excited. Now just one last day of school and a swim meet and we will be on our way! Oh, and a whole lot of packing lol.

See you guys there!! We are staying in a RR, too!!!! It's me, DH and DD7 and we'll be the one literally floating on air from all the excitement
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #1462
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
See you guys there!! We are staying in a RR, too!!!! It's me, DH and DD7 and we'll be the one literally floating on air from all the excitement
Maybe Ill make my way over there with my LGMH tags and see if anyone spots me.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #1463
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Maybe Ill make my way over there with my LGMH tags and see if anyone spots me.
Sounds good! I'm going to have one on my backpack as well as in my window
Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1464
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Sounds good! I'm going to have one on my backpack as well as in my window
See ya around then!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #1465
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

LGMH! How fun! Haven't thought about those since our cruise where we had huge disboard fun and meets. may have to get one out of our cruise stuff and post it on our door!

DS is just weeks away from turning 10 and DD is well 7. Sounds like a play date waiting to happen poolside.

Checking in on 12/10 but not going into a park that day so maybe we will see everyone!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #1466
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Is the Magnolia building closer to the lobby(taxi) than AB 17 or is it me? Thanks for your help.
It would depend on where in each building you happened to be placed to be honest, as especially with the mansions they are quite large and while the river-facing side of Magnolia Terrace gives good access for what you want (crossing over the island bridges) the far side is somewhat less so.

Personally I suggest requesting WHAT you want from your location, rather than a specific building (e.g. "mansion building, close access for taxis and buses") in a fax about 3-5 days before arrival.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #1467
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
andrewilley

sent you a pm
Thanks, got it and replied. Have a great time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #1468
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
LGMH! How fun! Haven't thought about those since our cruise where we had huge disboard fun and meets. may have to get one out of our cruise stuff and post it on our door!
Yeah I always rock my LGMHs!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #1469
That Mom
Mouseketeer

Great (well, mostly, details below) first day here at POR. The forecast had called for rain but not a drop as of now. No wait for the ME bus, a bit of a wait at check in but nothing major. when we checked in, we were upgraded to a river view room. The people checking in next to us were upgraded to the Poly!
Ordinarily, I would have been extremely jealous but the purpose of this trip is to calm down my life. This resort is so beautiful and peaceful, just what I need. The room is fabulous ......EXCEPT........ if you are easily grossed out, stop reading. Really.
We entered the room, took the required pictures and dd went in to the bathroom. Hanging on the back of the door was a dirty pair of men's underwear. sooooo disgusting. I called housekeeping immediately, of course, and someone came right up. She was also horrified, removed them, and cleaned the entire bathroom again. That didn't stop me from pulling out my own Clorox wipes and going over everything again. I inspected the sheets on the bed and they passed the "no wrinkles like they were slept on" test. Still a bit spooked by it but at least I know the room is now clean. I figured if I asked to move, I may get one that is dirty but no "proof". I didn't throw a fit because, like I said, the woman who came up was truly upset and apologetic. We are awaiting a call from the housekeeping manager.
Anyway, aside from that, we spent the day lounging around, went to DTD and now are going to sit outside and watch the world go by in the beautiful courtyard with a glass of wine.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #1470
ganandem
Mouseketeer

I sent my fax in a few days ago and did not get a response. Should I be worried or just leave it alone?

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: