Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #151
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
But why rob Peter to pay Paul?

By making them "unique", Disney would not only be competing with Universal, Sea world, and every other theme park in the country, but they would also be competing with themselves. To me history proves that Disney can support and make a massive profit with 2 resorts on both sides of the country.
When guests see appeal in both destinations, it becomes a win for Disney.

Before we had visited DL, our typical pattern was to visit WDW about once per year. For the last 4 years that pattern has changed to an annual visit to DL and every-other-year at WDW. Net gain Disney.

Quote:
By bringing a lot of the same attractions to each park, it reduces the cost for disney and allows them to do more with their money. That's good for the guest.
Probably a topic for elsewhere so I'll just agree to disagree.

Quote:
Remember, there's already a big difference between the resorts to begin with.
And unfortunately that difference is getting smaller and smaller.

Quote:
Regarding your comment about it doesnt encourage you to spend more. Maybe it doesnt, but Disney can't let DHS sit like it is get stale, they have to compete with Universal and keep their guest on property longer and keep them from going to Universal and WWOHP.
Never said it should remain stale. Just that it should be unique.

Quote:
It does entice my family of 4. We have 2 young boys, while the new fanastyland is still very princess heavy, this is a big deal for my family, its more stuff for our boys to do.
Again, just make it unique. When development costs are amortized over a 30+ year attraction life span, it's a drop in the bucket.

I really don't want to come across as one of the chronic complainers. I really do enjoy the Disney parks. But crying poverty as an excuse for not spending a few million dollars to engineer a unique experience is pretty lame, IMO. If they need to jack-up my ticket prices another 1% to compensate...go for it. I'll pay 1% more to ride something unique and different.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #152
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

I haven't read every post, but I see the argument (if you want to call it that..haha) about the Cars Land replica. Well I live more in the middle of the country..15 hours to WDW and 22 to DL. We are going to DL next year for mostly that reason, Cars Land. If they had it at WDW, I would just go down there. Not necessarily because its 7 hours closer, but I enjoy WDW just a little better DL, but still love it! If those distances were swapped, I would probably still be going to WDW more, I would think. But again I can't say for certain because I am not in that situation.

I PERSONALLY don't like the carbon copy idea for DHS. If they do it, fine, I will still enjoy it!! I know there are "similar" rides and "lands" at DL and WDW, but I still view them as unique. If they carbon copy Cars Land, I don't think it will be unique anymore. And you can't really tweak Cars Land too much to make it different without taking stuff away from what it was in the movie unless they tweak the rides themselves. That's what I think.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #153
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When guests see appeal in both destinations, it becomes a win for Disney.
It's still robbing Peter to pay Paul, I think the normal disney guest is going to either go to WDW or DLR, not both. I don't see them adding another Disney vacation simply because the resorts are "unique".

That typical guest is going to see Mickey Mouse and his friends, they are going to WDW or DLR because they are taking their children to what has become a rite of passage, to Disney.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: