Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
perdidobay
Will work for travel ;-)
Needs rescuing from Chunky Monkey!!!!

My DD and DSIL just took a RCCL cruise that stopped at Falmouth.
They said they would never go back and they are truly world travelers who aren't rattled by much. They said the vendors were super aggressive, they tried asking your name then carving it into something and demanding money, hawking drugs, and their excursion to Dunn's River Falls was horrible-hundreds of people were made to hold hands with each other while taking one step forward every 30 seconds... she said it was like being in a human production line, not fun at all. They were warned about locals who would hit up tourists for photos of you on the falls, they would want the money up front, never to be seen again at the end. After the falls the excursion they took included tubing down the river, they passed some really scary areas, with locals sitting along the banks of the river looking at them like easy pickings. The photos they showed me of the excursion convinced me I'd never want to go there!

Also, reading Gambee's wonderful review on Cruisecritic, he warns Jamacia is dangerous for gays. Not that I am gay, but it's useful info to know for those that are.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: