Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #196
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat
This may have been answered already, so I apologize if that is the case.

Are Disneyland and WDW separate as far as this promotion is concerned? We are going to DLand in Nov (need to purchase 6 tickets) but I am going to WDW solo in a few weeks (need just one ticket) and we have no plans to return to WDW before the promotion is over. Does the "6 tickets rule" apply to both coasts? Or, are they handled separately? In other words, can I do this?
I believe they are separate. At least that was our experience with the last promotion.

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #197
iluvtig2
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this is a repeat question......

My brother is retired from the US Army. Is he eligible? If so, what does he need to bring with him? I am assuming we would go to Shades of Green when we arrive? We are not staying there, though. Is that ok?

Thank you!

iluvtig
iluvtig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #198
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtig2 View Post
My brother is retired from the US Army. Is he eligible? If so, what does he need to bring with him? I am assuming we would go to Shades of Green when we arrive? We are not staying there, though. Is that ok?

Thank you!

iluvtig
Yes, retired military are eligible for the Military Salute tickets. If you go buy the voucher at Shades, you get it tax free. But, you can buy the MS ticket at any park ticket window which would include tax. If you buy it at Shades, you'll have to stop at Guest Services and activate the tickets before entering the park. He'll just need to show his military ID to purchase the tickets at either place, and no, you don't have to be staying at Shades to go there and buy the tickets.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #199
hlsmith81
Earning My Ears

My husband and I just went to WdW in October and purchased our 2 tickets at our base ITt office. We are now planning on going again in January. Will we be able to buy these tickets on base or will we have to do them at SoG or guest relations?
hlsmith81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #200
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Hi and to DisBoards!

As far as buying the Salute tickets, some bases do restrict them to a single purchase during the life of the promotion. However, Disney's rules is that no more than six may be activated by one service member during the life of the promotion.

Also, the tickets my be purchased at any Park ticket window, but those are subject to the Florida 6.5% sales tax.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #17, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #201
hlsmith81
Earning My Ears

Awesome, so we aren't completely out of luck! I was so bummed thinking we may have to cancel our trip! There is so much conflicting info about this in the web! Thanks for the help.
hlsmith81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #202
Jean@NE
Earning My Ears

Back to Back Use

Chesire - I'm confused... In your post #187 it says back-to-back use is not allowed, but in your ticket sticky it says "Salute tickets may be used back-to-back, such as two people wanting to use tickets for eight days." We are taking our Grandson next summer, and would want to use tickets back-to-back. Can we, or not? Thanks for all of your helpful info!!
Jean@NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #203
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@NE
Chesire - I'm confused... In your post #187 it says back-to-back use is not allowed, but in your ticket sticky it says "Salute tickets may be used back-to-back, such as two people wanting to use tickets for eight days." We are taking our Grandson next summer, and would want to use tickets back-to-back. Can we, or not? Thanks for all of your helpful info!!
I believe they changed the back to back use just recently. So now yes you can use them back to back
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #204
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Can you upgrade a military 4 day ticket to the DVC premium pass deal going on? I saw that FL residents could upgrade theirs so I would assume so but want to double check.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #205
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes. but there is no price bridging.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #206
ret32
Earning My Ears

I believe I know the answer to my question, but am not 100% sure. I would appreciate a confirmation either way.

We are going to DL the week of 12/17-12/21. We are considering inviting our 10 year old niece to go with us. Her father is active military. We have told him that she must have a normal DL ticket, NOT a military ticket because she personally is neither active military nor the spouse of active military.

Am I right?

Obviously, he is squawking at this because his cost to send her with us is over $100 extra using the normal ticket.
ret32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #207
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret32 View Post
I believe I know the answer to my question, but am not 100% sure. I would appreciate a confirmation either way.

We are going to DL the week of 12/17-12/21. We are considering inviting our 10 year old niece to go with us. Her father is active military. We have told him that she must have a normal DL ticket, NOT a military ticket because she personally is neither active military nor the spouse of active military.

Am I right?

Obviously, he is squawking at this because his cost to send her with us is over $100 extra using the normal ticket.
You are absolutely correct. Even if he bought her a ticket on a local military installation, either he or his spouse would have to be at DL to activate the ticket.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #208
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret32 View Post

Am I right?

It's true that she can't use the MilitarySalute tickets w/o him, but her Dad should check out the regular military discount tickets for DL at his MWR. The regular military discount tickets for DL have a much deeper discount than the regular WDW regular military discount ones. I think she would still have to use her dependant ID at the turnstyles (She's required to have one if shes 10)
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #209
dtkt
Earning My Ears

Question Military Salute Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The key is a service member may activate no more than six tickets during the entire promotion. If six are activated, one must be for the service member. Once the tickets are activated the service member does not have to be present for use.

The name, date of birth, address and telephone number of each person must be entered in the Automated Ticketing System at the time of activation.

Some of the pointws are not yet clear. For example, the Press Release says all must be activated at the same time, and it con only be done once during the promotion. The internal information implies that activation can only be done once. There are still other points which require clarification.
Can the service member give the names, birthdates, addresses and phone numbers for the other five tickets or do those people have to be physically present when the tickets are activated?
Thank you for your assistance!
dtkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #210
erinclemmer
Earning My Ears

We are going to Disney World in January and I want to buy Military tickets with Water Park and More option, but I want to use my theme park days in January and save my 4 Water Park admissions for a return trip in the summer. Is this allowed?
erinclemmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: