Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
Twinprincesses
DIS Veteran

While we love Carsland I think they should just have it in one park. I think Disney needs to make each park unique and to put Cars at both WDW and DL takes some of the fun from it. I do have to say DHS needs something fresh because it is no longer a fun place to visit.
Disney Dream October 2011
Vero Beach 7/2010
Disney Wonder 10/2009, Disney Magic 10/2008
Disneyland 10/2007 & 10/2006 , DisneyWorld 20+ trips

Twinprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
seacrestpromo
Dole Whips are comfort food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
While there are a lot of people that go to both parks, DL and WDW. The vast majority just go to one, based on convience more than anything. The parks are far enough away that it is going to hurt DL.

WHile the ride is similar to test track, it is a very different experience and they will be at two different parks.
I still disagree with your conclusion and your reason why CL should be built in DHS.

I was not talking about ride experience, but ride system. Please re-read my post.

My other car is a Monorail!

Check out our Disneyland internet radio show, The Disgeek Podcast! DisGeek.com!

Last edited by seacrestpromo; 12-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.
seacrestpromo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

So do you think they would build Avatar Land at AK and a version of Cars Land at HS simultaneously?

Both areas seem that they would be close to the scope that Fantasy Land is and the amount of resources needed would be substantial.

I hope they do both at the same time, but wonder if that would take many years to finish.

I expect LMA and the Backlot Tour to be closed on our next trip in September 2013, but look forward to the new Cars Land and Avatar Land opening sometime in 2015/2016.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast
Was hoping to hear the words STAR WARS.

Ugh.
I still think the Star Wars are could get an expansion. But I think they would hold off until after the first Disney-produced film is released. Just my opinion, no inside intel though.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

I'd be beyond delighted should this rumor prove to be true. Spent a day in Carsland this summer and was absolutely amazed by it. Radiator Springs Racers is a fantastic ride and the theming in the entire land was outstanding.

Most people never get out to DL and this would be a great addition to the Studios, finally putting the Backlot Tour out of its shadow-of-its-former-self misery.

WDW are always trying to 'counter-program' and find something targeting boys. This would be a great addition.
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

joanjett1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land.

So now the DIS is getting confirmation from bus drivers and Mousekeepers?
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #22
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend View Post
While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land.

So now the DIS is getting confirmation from bus drivers and Mousekeepers?
And a cruise director...

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #23
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I have mixed emotions. It would be a desperately needed shot in the arm for DHS, and Carsland seems amazing. It will be nice to be able to experience it without the price tag of a trip to CA.

However, I feel Carsland is better suited for DCA- thematically. The whole idea of the trip on Route 66 just fits so well in a state in the western half of the country. I also like the idea of unique attractions at both parks. If I'm being totally honest, I'd be happier with an expansion of Star Wars at the park closest to me.

Regardless of what they do with the area, we will miss LMA. We really love that show. Sounds like a trip to France is in order.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

No. I don't even want this to be a rumor, its way too soon to take the one thing that's boosted California Adventure's popularity and shove it in somewhere else. I'd personally never like to see it in WDW. How about we get creative and start coming up with different areas/rides for different parks. Oh wait, I totally forgot, that'd cost more money and Disney can't afford ideas much these days, they buy them for 4 billion dollars (see Star Wars).

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
seacrestpromo

DHS definitely needs help. But Cars Land is still not the answer.

Maybe build something using the Star Wars or Marvel franchise, or even maybe a Monsters Inc. University area.

Check this site out and think of possibilities:

http://monstersuniversity.com/edu/index.html

And then there is all the classic Disney characters and their stories that rarely get their own attractions.

There is so much more that can be done.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo
DHS definitely needs help. But Cars Land is still not the answer.

Maybe build something using the Star Wars or Marvel franchise, or even maybe a Monsters Inc. University area.
Disney can not build Marvel attractions in WDW due to Universal having theme park rights east of the Mississippi. This is why the Avenger monorail could only run on the MK line. They couldn't run it on the Epcot line because that loop goes inside the park.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
nyck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo
Kevin Rafferty who worked on Cars Land was asked this summer at the Disneyana convention about this idea/rumor.

His answer was no way.

It also makes sense - why would Disney start cannibalizing DCA visiting guests by creating exact duplicate in FL? Cars Land and BVS were built to revitalize a broken park. CL is drawing record crowds to DCA and filling up the hotel rooms.

Secondly, the ride system, which is the same as Test Track, will be affected by heavy rain and lightening storms - which happens quite often in FL - will close the ride down.

I can't imagine Disney building this.

Sea
Well get over it because it will happen. My relative works at Sci Fi diner and it is true.

Besides, why can't it be at both? The same could be said of Universal HP. Both California and Florida will have Harry Potter and no one cares or thinks they won't be successful. There is a lot of people that only visit one park, Disneyland or WDW so it will do fine.

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #28
seacrestpromo

Isn't it interesting I can give you a name, time and place of my source - yet some people have a difficulty believing it is true.

The "Dis" give only gives you "multiple sources" and still claim it is a rumor and some of you believe that Cars Land a done deal at WDW.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #29
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

I was hoping more for a Pixar Land myself with rides/areas/restaurants for different movies. But, I understand that the visual impact of walking into Radiator Springs is much greater.

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo View Post
I still disagree with your conclusion and your reason why CL should be built in DHS.

I was not talking about ride experience, but ride system. Please re-read my post.
yes ride system is same, but people judge whether they like a ride based on experience.

Look at all the dark rides...they are the same basic ride system too.

Plus, if you haven't noticed Disney has been trending on repeating things in both parks. While yes it annoying and cheap in a way for the vast majority of people they like it since they know they can see it no matter what.

I have been to DL 3 times and it amazes me how surprised CM and other guests are that I have been to both DL and WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: