Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which doll would you buy?
All of them! Who can pick just one 25 37.31%
Maleficent 10 14.93%
the Evil queen 10 14.93%
Queen of hearts 3 4.48%
Ursula 9 13.43%
Mother gothel 6 8.96%
Cruella 8 11.94%
None 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #166
PrincessMarincess
Earning My Ears

Thanks .

I saw this picture included with a review of Gothel on the Disneystore site and I loved the idea of Gothel having a mirror and Rapunzel's mirror does look like it suits her better. She was always looking at herself, which was the essence of her evilness. I don't have Rapunzel's mirror but I do have a gold barbie mirror that is a bit embellished that would look nice, and match the gold of the dress. I'll post a picture if it works out well!

I saw this picture with a review as well and I'm not so crazy about the gloves, but it shows how the majority feel that Gothel was missing just that little extra something.

Accessories are a girls best friend!

My Favorite Princesses

Last edited by PrincessMarincess; 10-17-2012 at 05:18 PM.
PrincessMarincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #167
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Maleficent is sold out

I'm on TDS web site a few times a week, and occasionally check to see how our Villains are doing. Couldn't believe (after going through the Princess fiasco last year) that this year, Disney was actually forced to reduce some of the items in the collection by 25%. I guess the Villains just didn't do as well. However, I noticed today that Maleficent is officially listed as "Sold Out".

I should add, I was in my local TDS this week, and Queen of Hearts and Mother Gothel were still on the shelf.
DVCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #168
Disneygirl03
Earning My Ears

I think a lot if people got ruined with the princesses plus the $20 increase in price.I wasn't going to buy the villains but by the time the 3rd one came out I saw they were all still available so I bought them all but only because I was able to get all 10 princesses.
Disneygirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #169
LostBoy89
Five Years and Counting...

My store still has tons of dolls left. Maleficent sold out the second day, but Evil Queen just recently sold out. We still have a whole bunch of Ursula, Gothel, Cruella and Queen of Hearts.

LostBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #170
theshorterstory
Earning My Ears

Black Friday

Just wanted to let everyone know in case you didn't check that the Villains are on sale for $60 plus 20% off (and of course free shipping on orders of $75+ for those in the US). I ordered Evil Queen for $47.50
theshorterstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #171
SpectroMan71
Mouseketeer

Ordered Ursula this way today, after having paid full price for Maleficent & Evil Queen and a lesser discount for Gothel and Cruella Glad for the sale, but sad that this is what's become of this particular line of dolls.
SpectroMan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #172
SIMJUN
Mouseketeer

I have a MIB Maleficent for sale if anyone is interested.
SIMJUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #173
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMan71 View Post
Ordered Ursula this way today, after having paid full price for Maleficent & Evil Queen and a lesser discount for Gothel and Cruella Glad for the sale, but sad that this is what's become of this particular line of dolls.
Not really a surprise seeing 5 of the 6 dolls still for sale and now at a discount. Villains are popular, but do not have the broad appeal as the Princesses do. Not to mention the much, much larger LE # for the Villains. Oh yeah, probably a lot of people were put off by the Princess mess too.

If the Princesses had the same LE# for each doll that the Villians have, I bet we would have seen some of the Princess dolls last for quite some time too and they would have probably have been discounted as well. 4,000 LE for some of the Princesses was just dumb.

Anyway, DW and I are Villains fans but have not purchased any of the dolls. To us, most of the dolls just don't capture the essence of the villains and don't do them justice.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: