Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #61
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Actually she announced in 1993 after Bill Clinton took office she would include Clinton in her name but that is another thread. Oh wait that has been done.


As for Kate, as a titled royal she holds no surname, but when one is used, it is Mountbatten-Windsor.
And considering that she was known as Senator Clinton and is now known as Secretary Clinton, it's safe to say that her name is...Clinton.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #62
LBIJim
DIS Veteran
 
LBIJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Rather Safe Island Community By The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Not until all the Parliaments of the Commonwealth approve the changes. He [Harry] should work at getting one of the countries on his side.
Either that or maybe try the MacBeth thing before the baby is born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
This thread is silly.
Yep, I find the worldwide fascination with British royalty silly. But it's also fun. Kind of like following the antics of Lindsay Lohan or the Kardashians.

So, it was just announced TODAY that Kate is pregnant??? Were there rumors of it before? I saw one of those gossip rags at the supermarket today. The one that continually picks on Camilla. (The Globe?) I could have sworn that it had something about Camilla being furious about Kate's baby and going into an alcoholic rage.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran
 
IloveDMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Here
Posts: 3,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
That's her title, not her name.

Yes, secession was dumb, I'm quite tired. If you think I claim to know it all, might want to brush up on where I ever claimed that.

As I said back then, Hillary Rodham added Clinton's name to hers because the voters in Arkansas are what they are. She never used it before that, she didn't use it after that except in those terms. I have respect for her, she has respect for herself, I'll use her own name. Call her whatever you want.
Actually I believe she didn't add Clinton to her name, she went by Hillary Clinton when he was governor, and then went by Hillary Rodham Clinton when he became president.

But what do I know, I don't live in the City.
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #64
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,590

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Not until all the Parliaments of the Commonwealth approve the changes. He should work at getting one of the countries on his side.
What change? Even if there isn't a change, the daughter of the king precedes the brother of the king.

If it's a girl, and the rule isn't changed, she could be bumped by a little brother, but not by an uncle.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #65
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
Actually I believe she didn't add Clinton to her name, she went by Hillary Clinton when he was governor, and then went by Hillary Rodham Clinton when he became president.

But what do I know, I don't live in the City.
She went by her very own name until she added his on to the end.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #66
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran
 
IloveDMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Here
Posts: 3,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
She went by her very own name until she added his on to the end.
I'm sure I could find a 100 citations to prove this is wrong but you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Like I said what do "we" know, "we" know people who actually own a car in the City.
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #67
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?
 
Lintasare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Middle-Earth
Posts: 5,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbb View Post
Harry gets knocked down a notch no matter what. The only thing the rule would change is if the first child is a girl, she'd no longer be knocked down a notch by her later born brother. Any child of William will be ahead of Harry.
Exactly.

Currently I believe England practices what is known as Male Preference Primogeniture, meaning the oldest male child inherits even if he has older sisters. What they are going to is Equal Primogeniture meaning simply the oldest child regardless of gender inherits.
__________________
Numerous trips as a child and adult. Next Trip: 9th Annual Food and Wine Birthday trip to POP!, CP Intern Fall Advantage 2002 Hollywood Brown Derby



Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #68
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kettering, UK
Posts: 6,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Not until all the Parliaments of the Commonwealth approve the changes. He should work at getting one of the countries on his side.
Prince Harry going down one in the line to the throne doesn't need parliament or the commonwealth approval it happens as soon as the babyis born. Its what happened to Andrew after all. Queen Elizabeth took precedent over the Duke of Gloucester the Duke of Kent after all. Lastly if Prince William dies before he becomes king his child will become King not Harry. George III was the grandson of George II not son his father the Prince of Wales died before his father did.

Last edited by PaulaSB12; 12-04-2012 at 12:21 AM.
PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #69
S. C.
Loves to snorkel
Swam with the dolphins
Got soaked on BTMRR
Another tag
 
S. C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 26,238

Lots of different topics in this thread. I thought this was about expecting a baby.
__________________
..................
Be kinder than necessary-everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
.
..................If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

.............................................................

There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!

I've been BOO'ED!!!

.
S. C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #70
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?
 
nmmom95's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 2,775

As explained by the official British royal website, the Queen's descendants carry the royal surname Windsor, as well as the name Mountbatten to reflect her husband Prince Philip's surname.

The royal website explains further that the surnames are not always used, only when they are formally needed, such as the case of marriage.
__________________
nmmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #71
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
She went by her very own name until she added his on to the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
I'm sure I could find a 100 citations to prove this is wrong but you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Like I said what do "we" know, "we" know people who actually own a car in the City.
I also remember hearing that she did go by Hillary Rodham when he was first governor of Arkansas. There was some criticism about it in the state, so she added Clinton (while he was still Governor).
__________________
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #72
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'snewestfan View Post
What change? Even if there isn't a change, the daughter of the king precedes the brother of the king.

If it's a girl, and the rule isn't changed, she could be bumped by a little brother, but not by an uncle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Prince Harry going down one in the line to the throne doesn't need parliament or the commonwealth approval it happens as soon as the babyis born. Its what happened to Andrew after all. Queen Elizabeth took precedent over the Duke of Gloucester the Duke of Kent after all. Lastly if Prince William dies before he becomes king his child will become King not Harry. George III was the grandson of George II not son his father the Prince of Wales died before his father did.

I know, I was responding to the one poster on this thread who has been trying to tell everyone that the change has been made already.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #73
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I also remember hearing that she did go by Hillary Rodham when he was first governor of Arkansas. There was some criticism about it in the state, so she added Clinton (while he was still Governor).
He was elected in 1978. She added Clinton in 1982. Ever since then she has been known as Hillary Rodham Clinton, and referred to as Mrs. Clinton (as First Lady), Senator Clinton and Secretary Clinton. Since she added the name, she has never been known as Hillary Rodham nor has she referred to herself as such, contrary to what Cornflake wants to cling to.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #74
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIJim View Post
Either that or maybe try the MacBeth thing before the baby is born.



Yep, I find the worldwide fascination with British royalty silly. But it's also fun. Kind of like following the antics of Lindsay Lohan or the Kardashians.


Jim
What I find funny is the huge fascination in the US. At least up here we still have a connection to the Monarchy but you guys kicked them out quite awhile ago.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #75
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
He was elected in 1978. She added Clinton in 1982. Ever since then she has been known as Hillary Rodham Clinton, and referred to as Mrs. Clinton (as First Lady), Senator Clinton and Secretary Clinton. Since she added the name, she has never been known as Hillary Rodham nor has she referred to herself as such, contrary to what Cornflake wants to cling to.

She must be talking about before they were married. But then again I am in a city but not the City.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.