Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113

If that is true why does my parents hate Figment?!?!
JK. They just hate the annoying song! I luv it!!!! Hee hee!!!!
Everyone loves Figment

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #17
JessieJones
Earning My Ears

I think many people's do not like dragons, but none of them would hate Dragons for sure.
JessieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
gymnastgirlflips
Live, Laugh, Glove <3 VMK

I've been so curious about this whole dragon search Gary's been going on.... like everyone else, I believe testing those flying dragons in California was meant for DAK. Now, it's obviously for New Fantasyland and I'm just so surprised that they've kept this secret for so long.

Perhaps it was a last minute type of addition because of everyone complaining that everything in New Fantasyland focused on girls (except Dumbo, which technically isn't "new" and the Mine Train which won't open for awhile.)

I'm very excited... I thought maybe the dragon would be a Disney dragon, but Figment and Maleficent are out. And Mushu, someone mentioned him earlier... I mean, he can't fly. Maybe it's a new character?

I'm going the first week of January and hope the dragon reveals him or herself by then
Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey&minniealways View Post
Maybe it has nothing to do with fantasyland but Epcot. Maybe brining back the original Figment. I can only hope.
Dw would fall over with excitment if that was true.
But I thik it will be based around new Fantasyland.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymnastgirlflips View Post
I've been so curious about this whole dragon search Gary's been going on.... like everyone else, I believe testing those flying dragons in California was meant for DAK. Now, it's obviously for New Fantasyland and I'm just so surprised that they've kept this secret for so long.

Perhaps it was a last minute type of addition because of everyone complaining that everything in New Fantasyland focused on girls (except Dumbo, which technically isn't "new" and the Mine Train which won't open for awhile.)

I'm very excited... I thought maybe the dragon would be a Disney dragon, but Figment and Maleficent are out. And Mushu, someone mentioned him earlier... I mean, he can't fly. Maybe it's a new character?

I'm going the first week of January and hope the dragon reveals him or herself by then
The dragon thing seems to be heating up (pun intended) and i suspect we will no for opening of Fantasyland on 12/6

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #21
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

dragon test flights this morning at 3am...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SgrZQ_C3EII
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
dragon test flights this morning at 3am...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SgrZQ_C3EII
Wow, was someone up at 3am just to film this? That's some dedication, especially since you can't really see anything. Either way, I still can't help but get excited!

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

I hope they can successfully mask the parachute ,etc. --- with lighting effects?

Still very exciting. Maybe it can fly to universal and breathe fire on hogwarts.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
kellgirl
Earning My Ears

Maybe it'll set the Starbucks on fire....
kellgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Dragon roasted breakfast blend?
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #26
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa7287 View Post
Wow, was someone up at 3am just to film this? That's some dedication, especially since you can't really see anything. Either way, I still can't help but get excited!
My thought too. They knew enough to go film it at that hour but didn't take a camera that that could catch anything but lights and the sound of an ultralight's engine? Seems suspiciously like Disney using social media to build hype without really giving anything a way. How easy is it to get in the MK lot at 3am?

I'll speculate that this is one of the oft mentioned surprises for the FLE Grand Opening ceremony on 12/6 and will be part of an Avatar announcement.

Last edited by Q-man; 12-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #27
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-man View Post
My thought too. They knew enough to go film it at that hour but didn't take a camera that that could catch anything but lights and the sound of an ultralight's engine? Seems suspiciously like Disney using social media to build hype without really giving anything a way. How easy is it to get in the MK lot at 3am?

I'll speculate that this is one of the oft mentioned surprises for the FLE Grand Opening ceremony on 12/6 and will be part of an Avatar announcement.
To be fair, it's actually pretty easy to go in to the parking lots after park closing. We've done it more than once by accident trying to get to the highway and accidentally turning in to EPCOT instead. They have to have lanes open so people can go through and out the exit since it's one way on the way in.

That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a part of the marketing campaign! Either way I'm excited, although I don't see it being part of an avatar announcement, just a random flyover thing in NFL.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #28
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

On Gary's blog, it finally shows the dragon. Very cool. However, it starts off the video saying the dragon is making a one day special appearance for the New Fantasyland. If that is true, I am very disappointed with all the hype for just a one day thing.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #29
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom
On Gary's blog, it finally shows the dragon. Very cool. However, it starts off the video saying the dragon is making a one day special appearance for the New Fantasyland. If that is true, I am very disappointed with all the hype for just a one day thing.
Ditto or at least have it appear throughout the day at random.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #30
wdwmike1988
Earning My Ears

I'm really hoping the dragon didn't make a one-night only appearance... It looked so cool and I think it was all really well done.
wdwmike1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: