Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted. As you can imagine it isn't easy living with a parent with Alzheimer's. To make matters worse my mom fell off the dining room chair on November 4th and fractured her hip. She's doing great. Has had surgery and has been in rehab and will hopefully be home in a couple of more weeks. Now I'm dealing with him first hand and it isn't easy which brings me to the present.
Tonight he grabbed his car keys and left. No word or mention just out the door. Two hours passed and he still wasn't home. He can't drive well during the day, night time is impossible. I thought maybe he went to see my mother in rehab but when I called her that wasn't it and now she was worried. After another half an hour she begged me to call the police so I did. An hour later there was a knock at the door and there was dad and an officer. The cop asked to talk to him and that's when his license was surrendered. Right now he is not a happy camper. He's been yelling alot but has since calmed down. I have his license and the keys and he won't be getting them back. Let's see what the morning will bring.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: