Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #406
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I hope everyone's training went well this weekend. I tried a speed workout for the first time and it went pretty well.

I am looking for a favor from a DL local or regular....can anyone send me theme park maps for Disneyland and CA? I am such a planning freak/geek and have it in my head that I really need a set of these maps! I will PM my address if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #407
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
I hope everyone's training went well this weekend. I tried a speed workout for the first time and it went pretty well.

I am looking for a favor from a DL local or regular....can anyone send me theme park maps for Disneyland and CA? I am such a planning freak/geek and have it in my head that I really need a set of these maps! I will PM my address if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks!
We're heading down to DL on Friday so I can pick up Christmas ones. You are talking about the "maps" they have at the turnstyles right ??
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #408
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can download them on the DL website
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #409
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09 View Post
But I let the runner's high from my 18 mile run on Saturday take over and signed up for Tinkerbell.

With Goofy the weekend before I am going to be one tired mousekeeter, but it will be worth it!
I'm doing that too! We can drag each other across the finish line for Tink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
We're heading down to DL on Friday so I can pick up Christmas ones. You are talking about the "maps" they have at the turnstyles right ??
Have fun this weekend! Hope the rain goes east and not down there after here. Did you get seats for Candlelight? I was a big no go. That's okay, I'll just grab a sidewalk seat and watch/listen from there.

Last edited by kim3339; 11-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.
kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #410
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Yes, the ones they give away at the turnstiles. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #411
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
You can download them on the DL website
Yes, thank you for that info. But, if Vicky is willing to send the maps I think that would be a more readable yet compact format for these old eyes!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #412
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, thank you for that info. But, if Vicky is willing to send the maps I think that would be a more readable yet compact format for these old eyes!
Yes, I am happy to pick up a couple for you and even mail them at the park for you. Just please PM me your info and address.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #413
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Have fun this weekend! Hope the rain goes east and not down there after here. Did you get seats for Candlelight? I was a big no go. That's okay, I'll just grab a sidewalk seat and watch/listen from there.
Kim,
Thanks !!! I keep watching the weather and I hope we do not get rain.....I really want to see the fireworks and snowfall. I just love Disneyland snow--not cold at all

I also got a big NO GO to for Candlelight I was wondering and was hoping you would get it. I swear we have the worst AP luck So it will be standing for us. I'll keep you posted.

I'm sure you already know...Disney Store has more RunDisney Goofy merch. and they have a Ciber Sale going on today.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #414
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure you already know...Disney Store has more RunDisney Goofy merch. and they have a Ciber Sale going on today.
Ooohhh, thanks! I'll have to pass that onto my dad ~ I put the Goofy sweatshirt on my b-day/X-mas list for him. I forwarded him 1 of those 25% off park discount emails, but it doesn't hurt to remind him again if he didn't order it then. If not, I can just hope for an after x-mas special or pick it up at the expo.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #415
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Vicki ~ have a safe drive down tomorrow and hope you have a great weekend!!

Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #416
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Vicki ~ have a safe drive down tomorrow and hope you have a great weekend!!
Thanks Kim !!!!

I'm a little worried about the chance of rain. But at least it will keep the crowds away. We are going to try (REALLY HARD) to get one of the DL homemade candy canes. We had success last year but never got around to eating it. This year if we get one.....we are going to try it and see what the fuss is all about. Did you see the merch. that is being released for Candlelight ?? Can't wait to check it out.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #417
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Hope you have a great trip Vicki! Best of luck for getting into CP and snagging one of those candy canes!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #418
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you have a great trip Vicki! Best of luck for getting into CP and snagging one of those candy canes!

Thanks Christine The candy cane quest is SO competitive...you would think they were giving them away and they were made from gold.

I've got your envelope for your maps all set to go. I will pick them up tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #419
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Thanks, Vicki! :thumbsup
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #420
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

How's everyones training going? Any awesome Tink weekend plans? Where are yall EATING?! Totally important information you know!

Did 10.5 yesterday and feeling a bit concerned about endurance. But I have 2-3 more long runs scheduled, so I'll just keep working on it. Fueling is my issue right now. I'm good until 6 miles, then it's crash and burn time. I'm taking Gus and having one every 45-60 min, but it seems that's not enough. Anyone have a great pre-run fueling plan or something other than chomps, Gus, etc that you take on your runs?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: