DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
jp02
Mouseketeer
 
jp02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 184

Points Calculator

I have been researching purchasing DVC for several months now. Tonight I was playing around with the points calculator on David's site. I put in a week during October and SSR required 206 for a one bedroom while BW was 166 for a standard view one bedroom. This surprised me since the time I put in was during F&W. Can anyone explain why SSR would be more. I always thought people here said SSR and OKW typically require less points than the others since they aren't close to a park. Thanks!!
__________________
OKW & BWV Owner
jp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
zavandor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: An Italian in London
Posts: 856

SSR points are sold on the resale market for less money.
This is for many reasons:
- it's a big resort so there is more offering if resale contracts
- it's not walking distance to any park
- it requires average points to stay there per night
- for many the decor is "less Disney" (the latest renovation can change this a bit)

Average means that it does not have a "bargain" view like AKV value, BWV standard or BLT standard view.
The cost per night is the same of BCV, but BCV has SAB and it's walking distance to Epcot and DHS.
SSR is at walking distance to DTD. To me this as good as being near a theme park (I like shop and eat there), but the vast majority doesn't think the same.

What you heard means that SSR is cheap on the resale market, not on point cost per night. Also SSR has very low MF. This makes SSR points a bargain if you want to use them to book other resorts (and can travel off peak). However this can change anytime:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028134
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp02 View Post
I have been researching purchasing DVC for several months now. Tonight I was playing around with the points calculator on David's site. I put in a week during October and SSR required 206 for a one bedroom while BW was 166 for a standard view one bedroom. This surprised me since the time I put in was during F&W. Can anyone explain why SSR would be more. I always thought people here said SSR and OKW typically require less points than the others since they aren't close to a park. Thanks!!
About 20% of the villas at BWV are standard view - meaning the front drive and the parking lot. The remaining 80% are preferred view (with some of them BW view and a separate booking category) with pool, garden, waterways. So if you want to book the standard view at BWV, you really need to own there. Those book up early.

When you compare the number of points for a preferred view at BWV, it's more than SSR and OKW.

Just like the value villas at AKV are about the cheapest point-wise. But they are limited in number and go quickly at 11 months out. The savanna view is a lot more than OKW and SSR. Right up there with BLT almost.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.