Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #1576
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at AOA in the cars section, & how was the noise level? We have reservations in Feb 2013, just wondering if I need to bring a radio or something.

I just started reading this thread great tips, I have found several that will be useful to us.

My daughter had a MAW trip last yr, stay at Give Kids the World, was there in May,too hot, did not get to enjoy the parks, she wanted to go back to the village after a few hrs, we mostly did Meet & Greets, she loved that,she was 3yrs old at that time. Hoping for better weather & smaller crowds this time.

Thanks
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #1577
Dis1982
Earning My Ears

Talking tips

1) Go in the Spring, Fall or Winter ( Summer is way to Hot and more people because of summer vacation)

2) Rent a scooter off site. It is half the price and its a gurantee as in the parks it is 1st come 1st serve. Also even if you don't need a scooter for health reasons, having one is a wonderful, especially with children. Taking turns with another adult riding helps you keep up your energy and allowing kiddos to lap ride helps them too. Plus you can hook backpacks on the seat

3) Bring your own drinks, snacks & at least lunch! It saved me soooooo much money. Bottle water, granola bars, baggies of gold fish, ect. As far as lunch- think lunchums or sub way/sandwhiches. You can get zip locks full of ice to keep cool.

4)Don't exspect to do it all in the 1st day or trip. Just relax, do what you can, and enjoy
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #1578
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis1982 View Post
1)

2) Rent a scooter off site. It is half the price and its a gurantee as in the parks it is 1st come 1st serve. Also even if you don't need a scooter for health reasons, having one is a wonderful, especially with children. Taking turns with another adult riding helps you keep up your energy and allowing kiddos to lap ride helps them too. Plus you can hook backpacks on the seat
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #1579
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I'm with you.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #1580
EveDallas
Be strong and never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis1982 View Post

I smell troll.
EveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #1581
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveDallas View Post
I smell troll.
I thought so too...but he didn't say which company he recommended renting from. Weird...
levenhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #1582
GirlOutlaw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man

I remember seeing it on our last trip. Didn't think about taking pics with it. Now that I know it will make it rain, we'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the fun tip.
I stopped for a photo op at the umbrella twice (each time it was feb . 2010&2012) neither time did the rain feature work. They may shut it off during cold weather?.?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #1583
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post

Dont carry a bag to skip the bag check line. I brought twist ties to help me carry the couple things I wanted to bring. We were staying on site with a meal plan so wed fill our refillable mugs at the resort in the morning and then when the cup was empty wed use a twist tie to attach it to our pant belt loops so we wouldnt have to carry it. The weather was good so we didnt need to bring our ponchos to the park, but if I had taken them I would have put them in a zip-lock bag so I could squeeze them into the refillable mug once wed finished our drinks.

Magic kingdom, Epcot, and HWS now have free wi-fi (coming soon to other parks). I dont have a smart phone so I brought my {insert electronic of choice here for me it was a tablet} for in-line entertainment (carried via a twist-tie).
I use carabiner clips to attach things like my visor to my messenger bag. But I can't imagine attaching a tablet like my iPad to my belt loop with a twist-tie! Besides worrying whether it would fall off and break, I wouldn't want to walk along with bunch of stuff like a refillable mug attached to my belt loops. That's why I stopped using a big heavy mister bottle - hated having it bump along against my hip all day long. Just sayin'.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #1584
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis1982
... backpacks ... Bottle water, granola bars, baggies of gold fish ... Lunchums or sub way/sandwhiches ... zip locks full of ice ...
It's no wonder this poster needs a rolling vehicle.
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #1585
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseace711 View Post
Great thread!! Many ideas to use here for our 1st trip WOO HOOO

Planning a trip the same week Feb-Mar 2013!!
I am so excited!!
Here is praying for safe travel & good weather!!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #1586
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
I use carabiner clips to attach things like my visor to my messenger bag. But I can't imagine attaching a tablet like my iPad to my belt loop with a twist-tie! Besides worrying whether it would fall off and break, I wouldn't want to walk along with bunch of stuff like a refillable mug attached to my belt loops. That's why I stopped using a big heavy mister bottle - hated having it bump along against my hip all day long. Just sayin'.
Oh it looked totally tacky, I will definatly give you that! Lol

But I didn't really feel either bump along my hip and I was super careful to fasten the tablet very securely to avoid losing it. But of course it's a matter of preference. For me I go nuts carrying anything around in my hands all day - even a jacket. I even have trouble wearing a watch or a ring all day.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #1587
prekteacher
Mouseketeer

Keep the tips coming !
Old 12-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #1588
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
Planning a trip the same week Feb-Mar 2013!!
I am so excited!!
Here is praying for safe travel & good weather!!
We'll be there the same time!
Hoping for good weather so I won't have to pack a lot of different clothing
Love this thread...looking for more great ideas
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #1589
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
We'll be there the same time!
Hoping for good weather so I won't have to pack a lot of different clothing
Love this thread...looking for more great ideas
This will be our second trip, went in May of 2011, it did not go so well. Stayed off site, it was record heat 96, DD wanted to go back to play in the water & once there, her & DH did not want to go back to the park. It was also the first time she had been anywhere on vacation, (Make A Wish Trip).
Over the past yr, she keeps asking to go back, she wants to eat at Cinderella Castle, we could not get reservations the last time, so we are planning an early Birthday celebration for her, & Yes!! I have reservations this time!!

Will be staying at AOA, Cars section.
Checking out all of these wonderful tips, I am trying to be better prepared this time!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #1590
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bella13 View Post
This will be our second trip, went in May of 2011, it did not go so well. Stayed off site, it was record heat 96, DD wanted to go back to play in the water & once there, her & DH did not want to go back to the park. It was also the first time she had been anywhere on vacation, (Make A Wish Trip).
Over the past yr, she keeps asking to go back, she wants to eat at Cinderella Castle, we could not get reservations the last time, so we are planning an early Birthday celebration for her, & Yes!! I have reservations this time!!

Will be staying at AOA, Cars section.
Checking out all of these wonderful tips, I am trying to be better prepared this time!
I'm so glad that you all are going back and that you were able to get reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Have a magical time!

1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: