Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

Okay experts help me out please

I'm planning a trip this summer. I have only been once before in 2007 and that was all done by a TA. The family has narrowed down the restaurant choices we all want and I've tried to fit them into a 'schedule' so that I can make reservations when the timing is open.

We do not plan to puchase park hopper tickets, and are quite flexible on times/days etc. I'm wondering more what times people think I should attempt reservations...if any are way to far from the park of the day to work, and any other info I need to know.

We will most likely be up and out by 9am each day. We may also simply skip lunches and use QS breakfast most days if we get earlier dinner reservations...but definatley looking to eat breakfast and dinner...lunch is not a big deal for us on the go.

So here's what I've got...please critic

Day one--Arrive 3/4pm
Dinner QS wherever we end up

Day two Animal Kingdom
Breakfast Ohana's
Lunch QS on site
Dinner Yak & Yeti Restaurant

Day three--Epcot
Breakfast OOP
Lunch QS meal on site
Dinner Coral Reef Restaruant

Day Four--Hollywood Studios
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Lunch Rosies all American café
Dinner--T-Rex Café

Day Five--Magic Kingdom
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Lunch QS on site
Dinner- Be Our Guest Restaurant

Day 6--Magic Kingdom
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Luch--QS on site
Dinner--Chef Mickey's

Last edited by mommymanda; 11-25-2012 at 02:12 PM.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

I would move your 'Ohana breakfast to one of your MK days. You will lose valuable AK park time by traveling to the Poly, then eating a character breakfast, then traveling to AK. I don't think you could get to AK by 9am. You could either replace 'Ohana with a pre-park opening Tusker House on your AK day, or move 'Ohana to one of your MK days so you can just monorail over to MK after breakfast. Consider one of 2 options for your 'Ohana (or Tusker House) breakfast: either pre-park opening so you can be done w/breakfast and at the park by opening time OR a later 10:30-11am-ish ADR that can serve as brunch and a break after you've spent a few hours at the park. Either are good options, although the brunch option does cut into your park time.

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
SignMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp View Post
I would move your 'Ohana breakfast to one of your MK days. You will lose valuable AK park time by traveling to the Poly, then eating a character breakfast, then traveling to AK. I don't think you could get to AK by 9am. You could either replace 'Ohana with a pre-park opening Tusker House on your AK day, or move 'Ohana to one of your MK days so you can just monorail over to MK after breakfast. Consider one of 2 options for your 'Ohana (or Tusker House) breakfast: either pre-park opening so you can be done w/breakfast and at the park by opening time OR a later 10:30-11am-ish ADR that can serve as brunch and a break after you've spent a few hours at the park. Either are good options, although the brunch option does cut into your park time.
Thanks, that helps. My hope was to have a character meal on the first and last part of the trip. What I'll look into doing is if our flight arrives early enough go to Chef Mickey the first night we arrive....than Ohana's on day 6 for breakfast. That way even if it cuts into park time, it will be our 2nd day at MK so we'll have a better idea where we're heading at the park that day.
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

Have you done Tusker House before? That's a good character breakfast and lots of people rave about it. You could just do that on your AK day since you will already be there. I think both TH and 'Ohana breakfasts are better than Chef Mickey's, especially if you're talking about CM dinner which consistently gets bad reviews.

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
SignMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymanda View Post
Thanks, that helps. My hope was to have a character meal on the first and last part of the trip. What I'll look into doing is if our flight arrives early enough go to Chef Mickey the first night we arrive....than Ohana's on day 6 for breakfast. That way even if it cuts into park time, it will be our 2nd day at MK so we'll have a better idea where we're heading at the park that day.
Making an ADR for your arrival day is always a bit chancy. So many things could happen that could delay you, and if you miss your ADR you will have to pay the no show fee. Ten dollars a person.

If you decide to make an ADR for the day you arrive, allow at least 3 hours from the time you are scheduled to land till your ADR time. That should cover getting to your resort, getting checked in, and making it to the Contemporary. Three hours may seem like a lot, but it won't allow for a whole lot of wiggle room.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp
Have you done Tusker House before? That's a good character breakfast and lots of people rave about it. You could just do that on your AK day since you will already be there. I think both TH and 'Ohana breakfasts are better than Chef Mickey's, especially if you're talking about CM dinner which consistently gets bad reviews.
We had a great experience at our first Tusker House ADR this trip , highly recommended!!!
Your suggestions are great!
Your ADRs look good and skipping lunch is a wise move , snacks everywhere!!!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

Day one--Arrive 3/4pm
Dinner QS wherever we end up

Day two Animal Kingdom
Breakfast Ohana's (I prefer Kona Kafe to Ohana's)
Lunch QS on site
Dinner Yak & Yeti Restaurant (love this place!)

Day three--Epcot
Breakfast OOP
Lunch QS meal on site (Sunshine Seasons is a favorite in Epcot)
Dinner Coral Reef Restaruant (I did not care for this but loved Tutto Italia, Via Niapoli, and the restaurant in France)

Day Four--Hollywood Studios
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Lunch Rosies all American café
Dinner--T-Rex Café (my son loves this place!)

Day Five--Magic Kingdom
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Lunch QS on site
Dinner- Be Our Guest Restaurant

Day 6--Magic Kingdom
Breakfast OOP @ resort
Luch--QS on site
Dinner--Chef Mickey's

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
navysaylorgirl
Earning My Ears

O'hana is lovely and my daughter and I never visit WDW without having breakfast there. With that said, the day you do AK, you really might think about the character b'fast at Tusker House. Donald and friends in safari gear are too cute. Both Ohana and Tusker have photo packages (a must if you get the photo pass plus which I HIGHLY suggest) and you can get early admission to AK if you book early enough. Puts you in a great place to head to the safari when you are done (which you wnat to do in the morning -- the animals tend to be more energetic).
Glad to see Chef Mickey on the itinerary, that's also a great option!

If you want to take full advantage of your time at HS, I would nix going to T-Rex and opt for either the 50s Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi Drive In. They are both "themed" heavily. If you still want the cute atmosphere of a restaurant like T-Rex, try Rainforest Cafe in AK the day you are there. Y&Y has a semi-limited menu whereas RC is pretty diverse. You can check menu specifics at allears.net

The day you are at EPCOT, for lunch I would try Sunshine Seasons at the Land pavilion.
(now part of Disney's Port Orleans Resort complex)
1994-off property
1997-Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2000-off property
2001 (Thanksgiving)-Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
2002-off property
2007 (Memorial Day)-off property
2011-Pop Century, 50s Bldg. 3
2011 (Thanksgiving)- All-Star Movie, Fantasia Bldg. 8
2012-Art of Animation, Nemo, Bldg. 4
2012 (Christmas)-Port Orleans French Quarter
navysaylorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMeUp View Post
Yes, Tusker House is our favorite character breakfast!
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: