Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
RobinHoodGirl
Which way to Sherwood Forest?

Beach Club - King Bed Room

When I was planning my November 2012 trip to the BC I had trouble finding what a room with a king size bed looked like. I had told myself if our request was met I would take photos and post them for anyone else interested.

Resort: Beach Club
View: Waterview
Room: 1565

From bed to door

Small patio on the side, looking out towards the volleyball court

Volleyball court view

Volleyball court from inside the room

Window in front of the bed view

All in all while the area around the bed itself was a little small, the hallway and the vanity area made up for it; there was defiantly enough room for two adults to spend a week and not be stepping over each other
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Great job with the pictures!

Thanks for posting this much needed info.

~NM
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

We've stayed at a few resorts during our time but the past five times we have stayed at the Poly. We are looking forward to something different but are looking for those "must dos" that the experts know about. For example:

Poly = Tonga Toast; Beach Club = ?????
Poly = Lapu Lapu; Beach Club = Sunken Treasure
Poly = MK Fireworks from the beach; Beach Club = ?????
Poly = Torch Lighting Ceremony; Beach Club = ??????
Poly= O'Hana's; Beach Club = ??????? (Cape May Menu does not interest us)

Etc....but you get my point. I'm not looking for side by side comparisons but definately the don't miss out on items.

Also, one more thing....I need to relax. My favorite place at the Poly was just to get a chair on the beach and enjoy the gentle noises of kids playing, ferry boat horns, etc. This year was ruined a do to some obnoxious guests that were either doing work or having very loud conversations.

I'm looking for suggestions at the main pool for some nice relaxing areas. Also, in June how crazy does the beach get or would this area be nice for some peace. Again I don't need absolute silence, but a nice getaway spot to enjoy the gentle noises of WDW - not a work back home.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Great pictures, I LOVE that room!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
We've stayed at a few resorts during our time but the past five times we have stayed at the Poly. We are looking forward to something different but are looking for those "must dos" that the experts know about. For example:

Etc....but you get my point. I'm not looking for side by side comparisons but definately the don't miss out on items.

Also, one more thing....I need to relax. My favorite place at the Poly was just to get a chair on the beach and enjoy the gentle noises of kids playing, ferry boat horns, etc. This year was ruined a do to some obnoxious guests that were either doing work or having very loud conversations.

I'm looking for suggestions at the main pool for some nice relaxing areas. Also, in June how crazy does the beach get or would this area be nice for some peace. Again I don't need absolute silence, but a nice getaway spot to enjoy the gentle noises of WDW - not a work back home.
Hey 1971,
Noticed no one ever followed up on your this=that post. It is very hard to do.

I'll give it a shot but but this is personal opinion....
Tonga Toast=Milk Shake from Beaches and Cream sitting beside SAB.
MK fireworks from beach=Sitting at the end of Illuminations and watching the masses leave.
Torch Lighting Ceremony=Strolling around the Boardwalk and watching the night time entertainers
Ohana's=Ale and Compass lounge

We have stayed at Poly and BC. To me they are two completely different experiences.

Plenty of places to sit and relax at Y&BC. I have never seen the beach area 'crowded'. Sit there often. There are two different sitting areas at BCV's. I love to just go sit in YC lobby.

If you haven't already please come on over to Y&BC FAQ thread. Dee has done a wonderful job of compiling information on pages 1 and 2 and frequent posters are always eager to chime in on any questions.

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post

OK- I'll play!

Poly = Tonga Toast; Beach Club = Oreo Bon Bons (no longer at Cape May but available at BC Marketplace) or No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream
Poly = MK Fireworks from the beach; Beach Club = Fireworks from BW Bridge or from SAB at night.
Poly = Torch Lighting Ceremony; Beach Club = Changing of the Guards (and Other Pool Activities) or the nightly campfire
Poly= O'Hana's; Beach Club = Have you checked the menu for Captains Grille?

For a quiet spot "at" the pool. Go to the top of the gazebo thingy above/near Hurricane Hanna's. Nice views and very quiet.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

very nice
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: