Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

Thread subscription and new posts

if there any way of me setting up the new posts button only to bring back results from certain threads. I love the new posts option but it takes me ages to sort though the results for things I'm interested in :/

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
if there any way of me setting up the new posts button only to bring back results from certain threads. I love the new posts option but it takes me ages to sort though the results for things I'm interested in :/
You can subscribe to a thread and will only get notices on new posts...if that's what you're talking about? I warn you though...if you pick a busy thread, you will be bombarded with emails telling you there are new responses. Make sure you subscribe wisely.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Hannikins
Mouseketeer

thanks it was more boards, basically so that only selected boards showed up in my new posts feed?

Previous Trips: DLP 2006 (off site) WDW 2009 (POR & enclave suites) DLP 2010 (HNY) California 2011(off site) DLP 2012 (SL)
Hannikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
thanks it was more boards, basically so that only selected boards showed up in my new posts feed?
I don't think you can do the whole board section...could be wrong. You might want to ask this question on the Technical Support section.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
mefar1974
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have an answer on this, I have been wondering the same thing.
mefar1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

The question has been asked on the Technical Support section...keep an eye on the thread there. That will be your best bet.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The new posts button is going to bring up all new posts since you were last here. There is no way to change that.

If you are interested in only new posts from certain threads you need to subscribe to that thread using the Thread Tools button found on the top right of the first post. Choose the No email option to keep from getting all those emails that MetroWest mentioned. Then every time you visit you just go directly to your User CP and it will have a list of all threads you have subscribed to that have had new posts.

If there is a particular topic you are interested in you can go to Search/Advanced Search, put in the Keyword (for instance "MVMCP") and then go to the "Find Posts from" drop down box and select "Your last visit".

If you are only interested in new posts from a particular board like the Restaurants board the easiest thing is to just go directly to that board and look at the threads in bold. They will have had new posts since the last time you visited. If you click on the small square with the down arrow at the front of the thread title it will take you directly to the new posts.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is online now   Reply With Quote