Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would just make ADRs if there was somewhere you really wanted to go or at a specific time. I believe most restaurants will be included in the dining plan, they have until the end of the year to sign up, then a new list should be available. We usually eat breakfast at the hotel and then an early dinner, otherwise there is just too much food for us. Last year, there was plenty of room for walk-ins at some of our favorites such as 50's Prime Time Cafe, the Biergarten and Raglan Road. We did have to wait a little bit with an ADR for Crystal Palace, but I believe they had a longer walk in line - so they were accepting them. If there is something not currently listed as being on the plan in 2013, I would add it. You can always change reservations or cancel them later if you want.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Was a free dining promo offered during your dates? I haven't paid much attention to the promos lately. If it was, restaurants will be packed. In which case, I'd make ADRs.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
vdub322
Are we there yet?

We will be there the week before you and I truly did not want to make ADRs far out from our trip. I wanted to make ADRs, but I wanted to do it by calling and making the reservation the day of or the day before, when we decided for sure where we would be that day. We just wanted a lower key, more relaxed trip than our 2012 trip.

What I ended up doing was scheduling ADRs on about half of the days...stuff like Be Our Guest on our first night and Le Cellier on our anniversary (1/28). Then I have a breakfast and a lunch scheduled too. The rest, I'm leaving open for now. I say, pick a few places you really have your heart set on and book them just in case. Then "wing" the rest!

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
bellyxray
Earning My Ears

Well I don't know if there were any dining promos, I would hope that if there WERE that I would have gotten notice from my TA, but such hasn't been the case, so I don't know.

I went ahead and made some ressies and will probably just finish out my trip just so I know where we are going. I just have to make my DH sit down and look at menu's!

My other problem is we are not park hopping and I find that the choices at MK are not very appealing as say Epcot to me. But we will only be at Epcot one day so I have to really choose there. This is much harder than it was when I went with my parents.
bellyxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #20
bellyxray
Earning My Ears

So I've done it!

These are our choices based on what we know our kids will eat and like

Arrival day (late)
Shutters (we are staying at CBR)

day 1 MK
Dinner @ 'Ohana

day 2 Epcot
Dinner @ Via Napoli

day 3 AK
Breakfast @ Tusker House
Dinner @ Rainforest

day 4 Hollywood Studios
Lunch @ Sci-Fi theater

day 5 MK
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's

day 6 Sea world
will use a QS credit @ Wolfgang's Express

Now how hard is it to get to these other resorts? I know they are on the monorail. But if I'm coming from CBR, I have no clue where they are in relation. I figure 'Ohana will be easier, since I will just leave the park and ride the monorail to the Polynesian, but getting up in the morning to get to The Contemporary?
bellyxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #21
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

You selections look great! Chef Mickeys, at the Contemporary, is on the same monorail loop as the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian, so there shouldn't be an issue. I would just take a bus to the MK and then hop on the monorail (outside the park entrance) to get to these resorts. The DW website says you can also take a walkway from MK to the Contemporary if you would prefer.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
Hooked On The Mouse
DIS Veteran

Location: Thigh-high in snow half the year, up to the eyeballs in mosquitos the other half

Your choices look good based on your priorities. Some TA are outstanding and others are of course very bad and don't bother explaining anything to their clients. I hate the thought of people wasting TS credits on QS meals, or showing up at WDW wanting to take their kids to eat with Mickey and finding that they needed to make reservations months ago. It sounds like you're in good shape though and have researched what you want.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyxray View Post
Now how hard is it to get to these other resorts? I know they are on the monorail. But if I'm coming from CBR, I have no clue where they are in relation. I figure 'Ohana will be easier, since I will just leave the park and ride the monorail to the Polynesian, but getting up in the morning to get to The Contemporary?
Not a problem. From MK you can get to the Poly either by monorail or resort launch.

To get to the CR for breakfast you can take the bus to the MK and either take the monorail or walk (it's only about a 10 min. walk). OR (if you're like me and aren't much of a morning person) take a taxi so you can leave your resort a half hour later.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
As for the need for ADRs during a low crowd period- yes they are still necessary because this is precisely the time periods when they have free dining. So LOTS of folks with TS credits to use up = heavy booking for most of the restaurants.
This.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: