Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #1411
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,451

Evening Guys!

What's up?
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #1412
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy


Which resort are you staying at? We're you not able to get a CRT breakfast?
We've never done the AMC dinner. The only thing I heard about it was that it was really dark once the movie started which made it hard to see the food to eat. We really like the Plaza for dinner. It is burger and fries (although the tomato soup was good) and the homemade milkshakes are great.
:
Staying at BLT, we waited too long on CRT and the best we could get was 845 so that seemed kindof pointless when we wanted to get in early and be at New FL at opening, we really wanted to do OHana this trip because we have heard a lot of good things about it. And a friend recommended Chef Mickeys next door so we have an early ADR so we can get to the gate at a good time for opening
__________________
moose615 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #1413
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Staying at BLT, we waited too long on CRT and the best we could get was 845 so that seemed kindof pointless when we wanted to get in early and be at New FL at opening, we really wanted to do OHana this trip because we have heard a lot of good things about it. And a friend recommended Chef Mickeys next door so we have an early ADR so we can get to the gate at a good time for opening
CM for Breakfast is the only meal worth eating there IMO. If you are really interested in eating at CRT, you can keep checking. We were able to land a breakfast reservation there with two days notice. Cancellations happen - and that was before credit card billing. Another option we have done is to get the 11:00 AM breakfast, that way you can enjoy FL and then get a break.

I still like Plaza for dinner at MK.

1900 Park Fare is a character dinner buffet over at the Grand Floridean. They have Cinderella and her step-sisters. They put on a good show. The food is average. But, if your looking for princesses for your princess, that is a close one.

Trail's End buffet at FW is the cheapest buffet at WDW and the food is good, but the restaurant is small, and you need to get one of their earlier seatings to avoid the line.

Do you have any favorite foods? For example, everyone knows Le Cellier for steak is good, but the Turf Club at SSR has a great Prime Rib and not as expensive.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #1414
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,219

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028

You are right...we suck Andy LOL Our DC resigned Saturday evening...I wish the HC would do the same LOL
Well your offense seemed pretty impressive so that's something anyway.

I definitely know the feeling about wanting coaches to leave. Its about time.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #1415
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

CM for Breakfast is the only meal worth eating there IMO. If you are really interested in eating at CRT, you can keep checking. We were able to land a breakfast reservation there with two days notice. Cancellations happen - and that was before credit card billing. Another option we have done is to get the 11:00 AM breakfast, that way you can enjoy FL and then get a break.

I still like Plaza for dinner at MK.

1900 Park Fare is a character dinner buffet over at the Grand Floridean. They have Cinderella and her step-sisters. They put on a good show. The food is average. But, if your looking for princesses for your princess, that is a close one.

Trail's End buffet at FW is the cheapest buffet at WDW and the food is good, but the restaurant is small, and you need to get one of their earlier seatings to avoid the line.

Do you have any favorite foods? For example, everyone knows Le Cellier for steak is good, but the Turf Club at SSR has a great Prime Rib and not as expensive.
Well we figure DD will get her character meet at CM, so that's the only one we plan on doing, really we enjoy anything, except I'm the only one who eats sushi, but in our family we arnt picky eaters, steak and ribs are mine and dads personal faves, moms happy with a good salad, and DD can usually find something on a kids menu
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #1416
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Evening guys. First day of the new gig went well. Probably won't have as much time to post each day for a while (used my iphone today ), but I'll put a couple pictures of bacon and admiral ackbar at my desk to keep me sane.
Glad the first day went well. Only about 30 more years to go now.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1417
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
My daughter is petrified of any pain... I've asked her if she will ever pierce her ears, she said NO WAY!
How old is your daughter? We had the same sentiment. All of a sudden it was, "I want to get my ears pierced". We did it right away as who knows if we would ever get the go ahead again. DD said there was no pain at all, just a little pinch if that helps.

Update: Found some pretty nice Tink earrings on Amazon today. 14K gold for $99. Thought it was a pretty good price and they look awesome. I think she'll be pleased with what is in her stocking!
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1418
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well we figure DD will get her character meet at CM, so that's the only one we plan on doing, really we enjoy anything, except I'm the only one who eats sushi, but in our family we arnt picky eaters, steak and ribs are mine and dads personal faves, moms happy with a good salad, and DD can usually find something on a kids menu
Well, we will have to get together so you can buy me some sushi. We have several places in Owensboro, although only two of them are good. They had the california rolls and sushi sampler pack fresh each day over at the Contempo Cafe in the CR next to CM.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #1419
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Those are good, we wanted to do Trex last time but didn't and I hear liberty tree is good so that would work as a good backup
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
We have done T Rex the last two trips and I was surprised that the food was actually not bad!! I have never tried Liberty Tree!
Liberty Tree was very good. Always wanted to try T-Rex, but DD is afraid of the dino's.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #1420
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Guys!

What's up?
Not the temperature. I can only imagine how cold it is up there. Had field hockey for DD and baseball for DS tonight. One of them better be able to support me when I get old. All this running around is killing me.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #1421
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Well, we will have to get together so you can buy me some sushi. We have several places in Owensboro, although only two of them are good. They had the california rolls and sushi sampler pack fresh each day over at the Contempo Cafe in the CR next to CM.
I'll have to sneak over there for some sushi, I'm always up for trying new sushi places, best I've had so far is a sushi bar on wall st downtown Orlando, next best is ru sans here in Nashville, I'm up for trying some Owensboro sushi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Liberty Tree was very good. Always wanted to try T-Rex, but DD is afraid of the dino's.
As of right now doesn't look like there will be any good movies DD would watch beginning march so fork and screen might be out, but Trex might be in or another restaurant
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #1422
mm1971
DIS Veteran
 
mm1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well we figure DD will get her character meet at CM, so that's the only one we plan on doing, really we enjoy anything, except I'm the only one who eats sushi, but in our family we arnt picky eaters, steak and ribs are mine and dads personal faves, moms happy with a good salad, and DD can usually find something on a kids menu
Never really got into sushi. There are a couple of items that I'll tolerate, but not very often. I'm with you on the steak and ribs. I agree with Norm (did I say that?), CM breakfast is the best of the meals. If you get into BOG, you'll have to complete a review when you get back for us non-travelers.
__________________
(Jim) (W) (DS13) (DD11)
DD# 714



mm1971 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #1423
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 20,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Not the temperature. I can only imagine how cold it is up there. Had field hockey for DD and baseball for DS tonight. One of them better be able to support me when I get old. All this running around is killing me.

It is in the mid 20s (fahrenheit)up here right now, a good night to be inside. The temperature turned on Saturday, up until then we had been in the 40 - 50 range.

DS had a bball practice tonight in a nice warm gym.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #1424
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Guys!

What's up?
The sky?
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #1425
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I'll have to sneak over there for some sushi, I'm always up for trying new sushi places, best I've had so far is a sushi bar on wall st downtown Orlando, next best is ru sans here in Nashville, I'm up for trying some Owensboro sushi
Well, don't get your hopes up. These are just the pre-packaged ones. But, the combo pack wasn't bad. The only sushi bars at WDW are at Kiminos at Swan and at Kona. There is also sushi at Cali Grill, Teppan Edo, and a few other places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Never really got into sushi. There are a couple of items that I'll tolerate, but not very often. I'm with you on the steak and ribs. I agree with Norm (did I say that?), CM breakfast is the best of the meals. If you get into BOG, you'll have to complete a review when you get back for us non-travelers.
Unfortunately, I am good with the food thing. Probably need to be better with the running thing.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.