Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

I registered months ago using the Disney Visa discount and I still don't get a return confirmation when I request a confirmation on the marathon website. Later I submitted a proof of time via email and they found me with no problem. You could probably email rundisney to confirm your registration just to make sure.
buckeyecinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
rocio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMar2011 View Post
I'm in! ...I think.

Marathon Tours contacted me saying they had a marathon entry available. Jumped on it. Got the active.com sign up confirmation, but haven't been able to pull up my registration in my active.com account over the long weekend. Hopefully there's a minor glitch and I'll hear more from Marathon Tours in the next couple of days.
Yay! Welcome aboard the crazy train!
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #33
Cruz91
Always at Disney in my mind...

I was nervous because run Disney's site couldn't find me either, but when I called, they had no issues finding me and gave me all the info to confirm I'm in. Now I just need to train..... ;-)
WH - Christmas '10 - OUR 10th trip!!
WBC - Spring Break '11, WH/WBC - June '11 (Surprise Trip)
WH - Thanksgiving '11,
AS-Sports - Solo Marathon Weekend '12 - I DID IT!!
WP - March '12
WH- June '12
Paradise Palms- TGiving '12 (also our 15th wedding anniversary)
AS Spo - Jan '13 Solo Marathon (again)
DW DH DD11 DS9
Cruz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
DisMar2011
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the confirmations! I also tried the Disney website using my email...nada.

However, Marathon Tours did get back to me saying I'm on the list so I'll be down there!

Also- if there's anyone still interested in the Half Marathon, Marathon Tours' web site shows limited entries available for the half! Three night Disney hotel stay required, and you should be able to get TWO entries at the discounted rate of $140. Pretty decent pricing.

Three more long runs...
DisMar2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #35
Cruz91
Always at Disney in my mind...

Good perspective!

I guess I only have 2 more long runs based on the Novice 2 Higdon plan I've been following! It calls for 19 next weekend and 20 two weekends later before the taper. I'll probably mod that and do 20 next weekend and 22-23 for my peak run. What's really nuts is to think that this weekend's fallback run of 13 is a "short" run! ;-)

Almost there kiddies!
WH - Christmas '10 - OUR 10th trip!!
WBC - Spring Break '11, WH/WBC - June '11 (Surprise Trip)
WH - Thanksgiving '11,
AS-Sports - Solo Marathon Weekend '12 - I DID IT!!
WP - March '12
WH- June '12
Paradise Palms- TGiving '12 (also our 15th wedding anniversary)
AS Spo - Jan '13 Solo Marathon (again)
DW DH DD11 DS9
Cruz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz91 View Post
I was nervous because run Disney's site couldn't find me either, but when I called, they had no issues finding me and gave me all the info to confirm I'm in. Now I just need to train..... ;-)
Quote:
Thanks for all the confirmations! I also tried the Disney website using my email...nada.

However, Marathon Tours did get back to me saying I'm on the list so I'll be down there!

Also- if there's anyone still interested in the Half Marathon, Marathon Tours' web site shows limited entries available for the half! Three night Disney hotel stay required, and you should be able to get TWO entries at the discounted rate of $140. Pretty decent pricing.

Three more long runs...
Unfortunately, Active.com does Disney a little disservice on the way they force run entries. The only waythe automated confirmation system works is if you registered through the usual entry method.... Hit the enter link then entered on the Acitve site. It does not track entrants who entered through other means including the Disney Visa card discount, charities or travel groups. I would hope that if Disney continues to offer the link for confirmations that they would figure out a way to include all entrants. That would cut back on the number of calls.

BTW, happy to read that you got in.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #37
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Maybe they should just list all entrants like some events do. Space Coast for example had a spreadsheet listing everyone. Not sure if they even have charity entries. But, it is always a challenge when I register at an Expo for a Disney race. I nearly always have to follow-up with them.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
DisMar2011
Earning My Ears

My Marathon Tours contact confirmed that the Disney web confirmation and the Active.com lookups don't work for their group entries.

Hopefully they'll have that changed in the future.

Good luck with everyone's runs! Only a few weeks and a few days of hard training left.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #39
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
Maybe they should just list all entrants like some events do. Space Coast for example had a spreadsheet listing everyone. Not sure if they even have charity entries. But, it is always a challenge when I register at an Expo for a Disney race. I nearly always have to follow-up with them.
Or just not have the feature. They probably added the feature to reduce phone calls and that worked until they added the Disney Visa card discount. That year they were swamped.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #40
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Marathon Tours contact confirmed that the Disney web confirmation and the Active.com lookups don't work for their group entries.

Hopefully they'll have that changed in the future.

Good luck with everyone's runs! Only a few weeks and a few days of hard training left.
I have heard stories of charity folks not knowing anything about their entries until check in at the resort. You may not know your bib number until late in the game. As long as they have your entry, you are good.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 11-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #41
DisMar2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
I have heard stories of charity folks not knowing anything about their entries until check in at the resort. You may not know your bib number until late in the game. As long as they have your entry, you are good.
What's the benefit of finding out your bib number early? Don't think I've done that for any other races.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #42
cewait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What's the benefit of finding out your bib number early? Don't think I've done that for any other races.
It's a perennial right that the Mouse bestows on his runners stemming from the days when the race programs were snail mailed in October. The mailing label was the race waiver and on it, your race number was included. Since going electronic, the Mouse has let us know about a month pre-race what our race numbers are. For all practical purposes, letting folks know what they bib numbers are is only a couple week longer than the TnT races. And, like you said, much earlier than most local races since the numbers are not known until the expo for most races.

The day waiver links are opened, the boards will be abuzz with guesses of corral placement (not released until the expo) and whether it is important to bring proof of time, etc. It's fun to read, but makes the last month crazy at runDisney as they are forced to field numerous questions. I think the RD would be better served to not release waivers as early. Just my 2 cents..

Oh, even as I write this, I have checked the waiver link area daily for the last week, just in case.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #43
DisMar2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The day waiver links are opened, the boards will be abuzz with guesses of corral placement (not released until the expo) and whether it is important to bring proof of time, etc. It's fun to read, but makes the last month crazy at runDisney as they are forced to field numerous questions. I think the RD would be better served to not release waivers as early. Just my 2 cents..

Oh, even as I write this, I have checked the waiver link area daily for the last week, just in case.
Ahh...corral placement. Contemplating as I type whether that may affect my race. My issues in the past have been getting to the race and/or corral early enough so that I could line up in a good spot at the start.

Received the RunDisney email a couple days ago with some pre-Marathon info so Disney has me listed as signed up.

Thanks for the information!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #44
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a perennial right that the Mouse bestows on his runners stemming from the days when the race programs were snail mailed in October. The mailing label was the race waiver and on it, your race number was included. Since going electronic, the Mouse has let us know about a month pre-race what our race numbers are. For all practical purposes, letting folks know what they bib numbers are is only a couple week longer than the TnT races. And, like you said, much earlier than most local races since the numbers are not known until the expo for most races.

Coach,

When we did ToT, they released corral placement when they released the waivers/bib numbers (or maybe a day later). Any chance they will do the same for the big race this year?
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

Coach,

When we did ToT, they released corral placement when they released the waivers/bib numbers (or maybe a day later). Any chance they will do the same for the big race this year?
I was wondering about that too...I think they did the same for the Wine & Dine too this year.
Ariel484 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: