Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
K and K's Mommy
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
DIS Veteran
SpectroMagic and the fireworks after it are pure Disney magic
Try a Chocolate Wave next time you're in The Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
To Regis Philbin fans, I'm sure he's smilin ear to ear!! sure do miss the guy.

Ha-Ha! That's why I read this thread. I am not a huge ND fan, but I always loved how passionate he was about his team.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #32
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Great game! Great season!! One more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously can't stand the ND 'haters' though, AL hasn't even beaten GA and they are already saying ND will lose to either team. Get real, NDs defense is NUMBER 1!!!

Manti for Heisman baby!!!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

You would think ND has never won a National Title before. Calm down.

And yes whichever SEC team ND plays is going to win the BCS championship game. You all squeeked by in a couple gamesagaint teams with no where near the class of talent of Alabama or Georgia.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #34
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post

And yes whichever SEC team ND plays is going to win the BCS championship game. You all squeeked by in a couple gamesagaint teams with no where near the class of talent of Alabama or Georgia.
ND beat Stanford which a higher ranked team than the team Alabama lost too (Texas A&M).

Try again.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

[QUOTE=Disneychix;46788897]Great game! Great season!! One more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously can't stand the ND 'haters' though, AL hasn't even beaten GA and they are already saying ND will lose to either team. Get real, NDs defense is NUMBER 1!!!

Manti for Heisman baby!!![/QUOTE]

Definitely have to agree!! What a nice young man and awesome defensive player.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #36
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
whichever SEC team ND plays is going to win the BCS championship game. You all squeeked by in a couple gamesagaint teams with no where near the class of talent of Alabama or Georgia.
You mean the Georgia team that squeaked by with a 29-24 win over Kentucky -- who didnt win a game in the SEC or the one that gave up 44 pts and won by a TD over a Tennessee team that went 1-7 in conference. They also played such football powers this year as Auburn (normally good, but winless in the SEC this year), Florida Atlantic, Georgia South and Buffalo. Georgia played two whole games against two ranked teams.b..eating Florida and getting destroyed by S. Carolina. I so hope they manage to upset Bama this week, cause ND can start printing national title gear if they'll be playing Georgia.

Alabama is a very good team.....but not the unbeatable one that the media (or their fans) wants to make them out to be. It will be a game against two very good defensive teams. They will give ND a much tougher game than Georgia, but I still think ND will give them a very good game that will be close till the end.

Just for fun...ND played the 22nd hardest schedule this season (per the averages). Alabama was 37th and Georgia was 40th.

http://bcscentral.info/sos.html
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #37
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:

I fully believe this, as well. Bama-Georgia is the real National Championship game. Either team will be beating the Irish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
ND beat Stanford which a higher ranked team than the team Alabama lost too (Texas A&M).

Try again.
Have you watched A&M play? They are better than Stanford.
[QUOTE=Kitty 34;46791763]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Great game! Great season!! One more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manti for Heisman baby!!![/QUOTE]

Definitely have to agree!! What a nice young man and awesome defensive player.
Not a Notre Dame hater at all. In fact, I cheer for them in most of their games. This year, though, I don't see them winning it all. It's going to the SEC, just like the past 6 years.

Oh, and that trophy should be going to Manziel. HeisManziel, baby! After all, he is Johnny Football.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

I knew it wouldn't take too long for the SEC lovers to hit this thread. I hope the Irish beat the heck out of whatever SEC team makes the championship.

I don't understand why so many people hate The Irish.

I can't wait for Sunday to see the bowl match ups. I don't know where my Frogs are going but I will be there!
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #39
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I fully believe this, as well. Bama-Georgia is the real National Championship game. Either team will be beating the Irish.

Have you watched A&M play? They are better than Stanford.
Says you? The polls have Stanford higher. Bama should have lost to LSU as well were it not for that awful invention called the "Prevent Defense", otherwise known as "Prevent Victory."
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #40
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocath View Post
I knew it wouldn't take too long for the SEC lovers to hit this thread. I hope the Irish beat the heck out of whatever SEC team makes the championship.

I don't understand why so many people hate The Irish.

I can't wait for Sunday to see the bowl match ups. I don't know where my Frogs are going but I will be there!
Quote:
Says you? The polls have Stanford higher. Bama should have lost to LSU as well were it not for that awful invention called the "Prevent Defense", otherwise known as "Prevent Victory."
A TCU fan who hates the SEC? How original!

Calm down, Frog. Yes, says me. And many of the people at ESPN, as well. In any case, it is quite likely that A&M will be facing a Big XII team this year as it looks like we will be going to Cotton. My guess is Cotton, unless K-State really opens a can on them. You will likely be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl to face Michigan State. That will be quite the good game and I do wish you the best of luck.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A TCU fan who hates the SEC? How original!

Calm down, Frog. Yes, says me. And many of the people at ESPN, as well. In any case, it is quite likely that A&M will be facing a Big XII team this year as it looks like we will be going to Cotton. My guess is Cotton, unless K-State really opens a can on them. You will likely be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl to face Michigan State. That will be quite the good game and I do wish you the best of luck.
What do you mean I'm headed to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? I'm a Notre Dame fan, hence why I started this thread. Not sure what you're talking about.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #42
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
What do you mean I'm headed to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl? I'm a Notre Dame fan, hence why I started this thread. Not sure what you're talking about.
You said your frogs. That coupled with the fact that you are in Fort Worth lead me to believe you are a TCU fan. Edit: Sorry, mixed you up with person above me with a similar name. At least, similar in that they start with the same letter lol.

I'm not sure about your Bama-LSU comment earlier. Who cares that "Bama should have lost to LSU"? We can talk about the touchdown that Stanford scored in overtime against Notre Dame that was denied them. Then there was the 12 men on the field when Pitt missed their game winning field goal that would have given them a first down in overtime after Notre Dame had turned the ball over in overtime. Saying that one team shouldn't be there because they should have lost another game will not end well for the Irish.

Take a look at the BCS. The SEC has beaten up on each other. Bama's only loss was in conference to a top 10 team. Georgia's only loss was in conference to a top 10 team. LSU's only losses were in conference to 2 top 10 teams. Florida's only loss is in conference to a top 10 team. Texas A&M's only losses were in conference to 2 top 10 teams. The SEC is damn good and has some of the best teams in the nation. Those teams have done a lot to prepare Bama or Georgia for what they will be facing in the MNC.

In any case, it is quite likely that A&M will be facing a Big XII team this year as it looks like we will be going to Cotton. My guess is Cotton, unless K-State really opens a can on them. You will likely be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl to face Michigan State. That will be quite the good game and I do wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by JennaDeeDooDah; 11-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #43
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You said your frogs. That coupled with the fact that you are in Fort Worth lead me to believe you are a TCU fan. Edit: Sorry, mixed you up with person above me with a similar name. At least, similar in that they start with the same letter lol.

I'm not sure about your Bama-LSU comment earlier. Who cares that "Bama should have lost to LSU"? We can talk about the touchdown that Stanford scored in overtime against Notre Dame that was denied them. Then there was the 12 men on the field when Pitt missed their game winning field goal that would have given them a first down in overtime after Notre Dame had turned the ball over in overtime. Saying that one team shouldn't be there because they should have lost another game will not end well for the Irish.

Take a look at the BCS. The SEC has beaten up on each other. Bama's only loss was in conference to a top 10 team. Georgia's only loss was in conference to a top 10 team. LSU's only losses were in conference to 2 top 10 teams. Florida's only loss is in conference to a top 10 team. Texas A&M's only losses were in conference to 2 top 10 teams. The SEC is damn good and has some of the best teams in the nation. Those teams have done a lot to prepare Bama or Georgia for what they will be facing in the MNC.

In any case, it is quite likely that A&M will be facing a Big XII team this year as it looks like we will be going to Cotton. My guess is Cotton, unless K-State really opens a can on them. You will likely be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl to face Michigan State. That will be quite the good game and I do wish you the best of luck.
Once again, I'm not headed to the Buffalo Wild Wings anything!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #44
JennaDeeDooDah

Quote:
Once again, I'm not headed to the Buffalo Wild Wings anything!
Once again, I mixed up up with another poster. Nope, you are not headed to Buffalo Wild Wings unless you decide to stop off there for dinner on your way to the game.

And again, I do like Notre Dame. I've always liked Notre Dame. I cheer them on when they play. I like that they stand by their Catholic principles. I like their traditions. I like it when they win. I do not, though, think that they will win the National Championship this year just because I think that both Georgia and Bama are better.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #45
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I live in South Bend, and am not a Notre Dame fan. There are a few nice young men on the team, but there are also a lot of disgusting ones as well. (My friends and I have had social interactions, see them out etc).

I don't think you can say they are morally any better than any other team in the country.
But I must say, I am glad Charlie the head coach has been gone!

Also part of the reason for the dislike, is they get all the attention in town, and local sports fall behind. They don't really help the economy either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: