Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Thumbs down we leave next Saturday...

and I have a sinus infection and Labyrinthitis.

I have antibiotics from the sinus but Labyrinthitis can take up to a month to clear.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

*hugs* that sounds not very nice at all hun. I hope that your trip goes well and you have a speedy recovery! x
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I hate labyrinythitus, i suffer alot from it. I had an ear infection a week beforei left and my ears were sopainful landingin mco this month

I hope it all clears in time
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Hope you feel better soon

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Here's to a speedy recovery
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Oh no..

A word of advise... Since labyrinythitus is cause my bacteria usually from a head cold or sinus infection, try not to blow your nose. When you blow your nose it forces pressure on the ears canal that goes from your sinus to your ear and the bacteria can travel to the ears each time you blow. If you have to blow your nose do it gently.

Another thing I find helpful with labyrinythitus is to put olive oil in my ears.

What you do is put a little oil on a metal spoon. Then hold the metal spoon over an open flame such as a gas stove flame. You just need to heat it a wee bit so be careful how long you have it over the flame. When you remove it from the flame with clean hands touch the oil to make sure its not too hot. Just needs to be warm. Before you heat the oil grab a cotton ball as well. Once the oil is warm tilt you head to one side and using the spoon that is holding the warm oill, pour a bit into your ear then put a cotton ball in your ear. Keeping your head titled to the side so the oil does not run out, go and lay down for a bit with the ear that has the oil in it face up. Usually I lay down for about 20 minutes. Then I get up and repeat the process for the other ear and it makes it feel so much better.

Google "Sweet oil for ears" and you will see what I am talking about.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014

Last edited by Shelly F - Ohio; 11-24-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I hope you recover in time for your trip. In 2001, I travelled to Orlando and during the flight I started to feel like I had a bit of a cold. I ended up in the Emergency Room in Orlando with Sinusitis and a fever of 109!

Get plenty of rest, vitamin C and get the worst of it out of your system because sinus and ear problems on a flight isn't pretty!

Best of luck to you!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Really hope you feel better in time for your trip - take good care of yourself and get lots of rest! x
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Thank you for all the wonderful advice and pixie dust.
The pain is not a problem, I suffer from migraines so I have a high pain threshold.
The dizzyness though is killin me.
I fell ower last night and have a massive bruise and swelling above my eye !!!

Great look for photies eh !!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Perhaps u should ask ur gp for some stemetil. This is for giddiness and also nausea. Hope u have a lovely trip. Everyone is different and what may have been horrendous for one might not be that bad for another. As u have a high pain threshold im sure the dizziness will be most troublesome but the abx will help with that. They do olice oil in dropper bottles which is easier to put in.
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

From about April this year I had terrible tingling in my face which started getting worse and worse. I convinced myself I had something really bad and then had the most terrible vertigo attack. The room didn't stop spinning for an hour. I then felt dizzy all the time and had a MRI to find out I had a bad inner ear infection. It was actually a relief to know what it was. I was very worried about flying as I was still feeling dizzy on and off by the time our holiday came around but doctor said ok to fly. I made sure I contacted my travel insurance and added this as pre existing condition. Cost £30 for whole year. Anyway I didn't feel any worse after flight but I did stay away from roller coaters for first 2 weeks. Dizziness actually went by end of but I think this was due to not stressing about it anymore and being far more relaxed. hope this helps.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 7 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 15 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
mackay_j
DIS Veteran

If you think the infection my be in or come from your throat then eat fresh pineapple. There is an emzyme in pineapple which kills most throat bugs. My dd used to get throat and ear infections about 4 times a year (really badly infact hospital twice once it caused septacemia). Since we found out about the pineapple she gets rid of them within a few days - and very rarely needs antibiotics now. You need to suck on the chunks to get most of the juice out before chewing them. After abou 1/2 the whole pineapple you can actually feal it attack your throat. I couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it out.
Also use sea bands to combat the nausea- they work for me

PS- I'm not some non presecription drug lover - I am infact a chemist - but this really does work and is now my "drug" of choice for throat and head colds.

Hope something works for you
mackay_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackay_j
If you think the infection my be in or come from your throat then eat fresh pineapple. There is an emzyme in pineapple which kills most throat bugs. My dd used to get throat and ear infections about 4 times a year (really badly infact hospital twice once it caused septacemia). Since we found out about the pineapple she gets rid of them within a few days - and very rarely needs antibiotics now. You need to suck on the chunks to get most of the juice out before chewing them. After abou 1/2 the whole pineapple you can actually feal it attack your throat. I couldn't believe how well it worked when I tried it out.
Also use sea bands to combat the nausea- they work for me

PS- I'm not some non presecription drug lover - I am infact a chemist - but this really does work and is now my "drug" of choice for throat and head colds.

Hope something works for you
Wow will have to try this! Thanks for the tip! Much cheaper then constantly buying vitamins, Berocca, antibiotics etc etc
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: