Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #31
Chrissi Khris
Earning My Ears

Loving the trip report!! I read the ingdom keeper except the last one i think its number 5. I always wanted to know what the room looked like in GF, i really liked those pics. I thinking of doing the DCP in 2014 but the summer one if i can.

2002 All star Moives, 2004 All star Moives, 2005 Pop Century, 2007 All star Moives,2008 All star Music, 2009 All star Music.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #32
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Loving all of the pics - especially the space mountain pic - awesome! And it's amazing that you got up at 7:15 and made it before rope drop!
Seriously I have no clue how we made it for rope drop. Thank goodness for the monorail!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi Khris View Post
Loving the trip report!! I read the ingdom keeper except the last one i think its number 5. I always wanted to know what the room looked like in GF, i really liked those pics. I thinking of doing the DCP in 2014 but the summer one if i can.
I really need to read them!!!
Yay for the DCP! Are you thinking of doing Spring 2014 or Fall 2014?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Start Pumping Up The Party Now

After a great start to our morning it was time to get re-energized. Has anybody seen the odd life of timothy green? (a movie reference coming up)

After getting re-energized from the sun we were off, off where? Off to one of my favorite rides Chick-A-Pin Hill anyone? First lets go visit some more ghosts. It was chelseas turn to do her good Disney deed

Since it was chelseaís first time back after the new interactive que we decided why not go through it, we arenít in a rush. This time through we play the ďgameĒ with the statues where you have to figure out who killed who. Brittany decided to be part of a statue

lets go play with the happy haunts, Chelsea went alone on this ride, thank god! I for sure was not ridding alone. The ghosts will attack me forever. The reason I really donít like this ride is the reason of ghost stories. I for sure donít want to work here, no way!

A ghost then followed us home, by that I mean we left the mansion and headed to Splash. We took a nice stroll through liberty square passed Liberty tree Tavern as I started to get excited for getting to eat there this trip.

While waiting in line we decided to make a game plan for what else we needed to get done because we had to leave soon in order to get to our reservation. We decided that Splash would be our last ride before we left. No body wanted the front, I graciously accepted it. Chick-a Pin Hill here we come!!!!

HIDDEN MICKEY!!!

Then there was our ride photo, real classy

As we were leaving the park what happened to just start? Move it Shake it celebrate it. I never actually stopped to watch this. Iím really glad we did. If you enjoy dancing with Disney characters and be carefree this is prefect for you!

In our section we had chip & dale and turk. I secretly wished we were in the section next to us they had the toy story characters. But itís okay Dale made it special for me by coming up to me and shaking pom poms in my face. Brittany was sad that she didnít get it on video. Oh well

After the parade/ dance party ended I picked up so many Mickey Mouse confetti, it is now on my desk in my room.

Picture time!

Donít mind all the pixie dust in my hair

We took a stroll down Main Street, I swung by the music and dance window. Just listening to a girl singing her scales. The little things in Disney

Itís never a trip to Disney without taking a picture with a beautiful tiara!

There was one more thing we had to do before we left. We went to the confectionary to use a snack credit. What to get? Hmmmm oh I know! CAKE POP!!!!

Brittany got a red velvet

I got the vanilla. They were soooo good!

Brittany ate herís up right away. I only took a few bites since we were going to lunch soon.

Overall the cake pops are delicious and I will now have to get one for myself each trip. We officially made our way out of the Magic Kingdom. We had to stop back at our room before we left for lunch
1) My butt was soaked from Splash mountain for I wanted to change my pants
2) I needed to get my buzz hoodie Alicia bought me and exchange it for a smaller size

Where are we eating today?!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #34
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

OH yum, those cake pops look scrumptious!

Yay!! Splash Mountain..I love how the dad in the picture is holding on to his little girl in front of him. I'm sad it will be down for Refurb when I'm there. Boo.

Looking forward to your next update, with lots of food pictures I hope.

-Amanda
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Tastes Like Heaven

When we arrived back at the room we found Andrew just cuddled up under the cover watching sports. Youíre in Disney go hang out by the pool!!!

I quickly changed and grabbed the hoodie and we were out of there. We hopped onto the monorail to the TTC and got onto the Epcot monorail. By the way things were looking, we were more than likely going to be late for lunch. Of course!

On the way there Brittany decided rest her eyes, Chelsea thought it was so funny. She soon learned that Disney Transportation makes you very sleepy, and it is also a perfect time to rest when you have a long day ahead of you.

We soon made it to Epcot and by that time we were starting to get worried. Once we made it through the gates we took off in a full on running mode all the way to the world showcase. Yes lets run in the hot sun what a good idea!

We finally made it the Canada Pavilion and to Le Cellier. This was my first time ever eating here. And thank god I was able to get a reservation because now lunch is also 2 table service credits.

When we checked in I made myself look like a complete fool. Previous to the trip my sister Danielle asked me if I could get her just married pins for her. Well as everyone knows they have them no where. Well thanks to the lovely disboards she found out that Le Cellier has them still you just have to ask the person at the podium.

Thatís exactly what I did. They gave me a weird look, I mean who wouldnít. I had to tell them that they werenít for me but for my sister back home. Luckily enough they had them! The girl then also said that they had a lot more in the back.

We only waited about 10 minutes before we were seated. Thank goodness! I was ready to try some delicious steak everyone has been talking about. First order of business our drink orders, I started off by getting a coke when Brittany told me I should get the smoothie. Change of plans 3 smoothies please!

Now what to eat, what to eat?

They gave us some bread, which I think we all only touched the pretzel bread.

Brittany and I both chose the Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon with cream cheese mashed potatoes. This dish was too delicious to put into words. The steak was fabulous and the mashed potatoes are wonderful! I was enjoying it so much that I forgot to take a picture of it right away. Whoops!

Chelsea got the Sauteed Potato Gnocchi

Once again me and Brittany cleaned our plates clean. What can I saw we love our Disney food, nothing goes to waste! Chelsea on the other hand did not.

Full from your entrťe? Not allowed, time for some dessert!!!
I got the Maple Creme Brulee, my father talked non-stop about this after he had it in Aug 2011. And let me tell you it was so good.

Brittany wasnít sure if she liked CrŤme Brulee so she opted for the Trio of Chocolate. Canadian Club Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sorbet, and warm chocolate-almond cake. She did not make it through a lot of though.

Chelsea got the chocolate moose

Once we finished everything it was time to head back to the resort and get ready for Mickeyís Not So Scary Halloween Party!! But before we did we took a slow walk back to the front of the park.

You hold Space Ship Earth Brittany!

A lady was kind enough to take a picture of all three of us

Before we left I had to make a stop at Mouse Gears. A little size switch would be easy, so you would think. But it took longer then expected. Luckily everything all worked out and Iím a proud owner of a buzz lightyear hoodie.

On our way back to the classy Gflo Alicia texted me that she was going to be late coming back before she just finished her audition and she had to find a way to get back to the resort. She texted me with all the exciting details about the audition, and I was pretty much pooping my pants with excitement!

TIME TO GET READY TO PARTY!!! AHHHHH
Old 11-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #36
MissPrice

Great update. Le Cellier looks so yummy. -Amanda
Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
MissPrice

I just realized we have the same countdown!!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #38
PrincessBrittany06
Earning My Ears

I love your TR! tell your sister to post details about her audition! im dying to find out how it went!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #39
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
I just realized we have the same countdown!!
Oh my goodness!!!
How long are you going for? I'm just going for a quick little trip to visit Alicia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBrittany06 View Post
I love your TR! tell your sister to post details about her audition! im dying to find out how it went!
Oh thank you! I will yell at her for you.
She has been actually working a lot because of the holiday season.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #40
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

It's Going to be a Night to Remember

Tonight was the night that I have been waiting for for about a year. We were planning on getting to the party at 4 since that is the earliest you can get in with the Halloween party ticket but that did not end up happening.

Having 4 girls in one room means having a lot of curlers and straighteners

I quickly got changed and straightened my hair first, I helped Chelsea put her hair into some pigtails. Once she was finished it was time to figure out what to do with Brittanyís hair. We searched Youtube to see what ideas we could get. I came up with French twist, BBB bun, and pin curls. This hairstyle took me foreverÖ mostly because her hair and her layers, dumb.

Alicia finally arrived and was overly excited about her audition and how well it was. She then went through all the details and the process she went through.

Brittany pulled her costume out of her suitcase, it was a ball of wrinkles, why not use our iron?

Alicia was waiting for her friend Ryan to come over and do her hair. In the meantime she asked me if I could curl her hair, but I let the pro of curling handle that one. Yeah Cinderella get to work

Andrew just couldnít contain his excitement for the night that lies ahead

About 6ish me Brittany and Chelsea were ready to go! I went on the porch and it felt like rain. This was not a good sign. Rain rain go away.
Before we headed out we took some pictures of us in our costumes.

Chelsea went as Boo

Brittany went as Cinderella

I went as Lilo

Then we took a photo all together

We were off! Alicia told us she would text us when her and Andy were at the Magic Kingdom so we could meet up. We were running down the hall of the Gflo acting like little children, tonight was going to be the best night in Disney World ever!!!

Walking through the lobby of the Gflo was fun, all the children were calling for Cinderella and Lilo. Most of the night many people didnít know what Chelsea was (She sort of got annoyed by it to.)

We hopped on the monorail and were on our way! When we were walking to the gate, we started feeling some raindrops. This is not a good sign. But a little rain would not kill my mood. Once we went through bag check and ticket line the rain started getting heavier.

We got our wristbands and put on our ponchos, this killed my mood just a little. While prayer for the rain to stop, it just seemed to come down faster.

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY. COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #41
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

I hope the rain stopped.

Great costumes

Keep up with the great report.

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #42
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Not Looking So Promising

Our main mission was to get into line to meet the princesses with their princes. Walking under the railroad station was a mess. People coming, people going, people stopping to put ponchos on. When we finally made it in the rain was coming down sideways.

We made our way into the theater where they were checking for wristbands. We were in line by 6:20ish where we waited till 7. We were lucky enough to wait out the storm inside and not be outside in the rain.

We got in line just in time, soon the line was stretching. During our wait we were having fun with the cute little kids next to us. The little boy was shy but precious.

It soon hit 7 and the line was moving. I texted Alicia and asked her if she was at the party yet. She responded back no saying they were going to wait till the rained stopped.

The family in front of us started to pull out all their autograph books.

We got into the room and only saw 2 princesses where was Cinderella?! The main reason why we got in line.

Back story: Brittany went to a Mickeys not so scary Halloween party when she was a wee little one, where she dressed up as Cinderella. She then went to meet Cinderella and got a picture with her and prince charming. Her mothers only request was to get another picture.

We asked the cast member if she would be coming out tonight. They said that she got held up at the castle and wouldnít know when she would arrive. This was not looking good.

We were next in line, hopefully she was on her way!
Then the doors opened and what do you know Cinderella and her prince came dancing in. Everyone cheered!

First we talked to Snow white and her prince

The Prince asked Brittany where her prince was, ummm non existing. Snow white asked me where stitch was, I said he was getting ready for the dance party over in Tomorrowland.

Next was Rapunzel and Flynn, they are perfect! They told us that they go on adventures. We took a picture and did a big group hug

Cinderella and Prince Charming time. Cinderella asked if we had mice that helped make our clothes, if only cindy if only.

Once we met all the Princesses/Princes we made our way outside in hopes that the rain stopped. Sadly in was coming down harder then ever. It was pretty much a monsoon. We put on our pochos and headed onward. Everyone was hidden in shops or anything they could stand under to keep warm.

This was definitely not what I was expecting to happen tonight. We tried to make the best out of it. We played in puddles and sang Poor Unfortunate Souls by the Jonas Brothers while going down mainstreet.

Where is everyone?!

We had no clue where we were headed or what there even was to do. We decided to head to Pirates because we didnít ride it earlier in the day and it was an inside ride. When we got there we noticed a trick or treating line so we hopped into that. The cast members where nice enough to hand out a bunch of candy.

After getting our candy we decided to hop in line for Pirates. Surprisingly the line was short, probably because everyone was undercover on Main Street.

The boats where so backed up that we got stuck under the worst possibly spot, real man hair guy. I was freaking out. As a young child I was always afraid that the leg was going to fall on me and then when Alicia told me that the hair on the guys leg was real hair it grossed me out even more.

After we made it off the ride I got a text from Alicia that her and Andy were at Pecos Bills having Dinner. We decided to play in the giftshop for awhile.

My new and improved Halloween costume

Here is a picture of Alicia and Andy before they adventured out

At Pecos Bills, Alicia and Andy got the tacos.

Is there going to be a Boo to You Parade Tonight?!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #43
MissPrice

Yay updates!

You all looks so adorable in your costumes!!

Ugh, that sucks that it rained so much. I usually love doing MK in the rain cause it cuts the crowds...but not when you paid an extra $$$ for the party.

Mmm, that taco salad looks mighty tasty.

Sam, I will be there for 7 days with my hubby. Were staying at AKL. I hope to see you all in the parks!

-Amanda
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #44
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Yay updates!

You all looks so adorable in your costumes!!

Ugh, that sucks that it rained so much. I usually love doing MK in the rain cause it cuts the crowds...but not when you paid an extra $$$ for the party.

Mmm, that taco salad looks mighty tasty.

Sam, I will be there for 7 days with my hubby. Were staying at AKL. I hope to see you all in the parks!

-Amanda

Oh why thank you!
I normally love Disney rain for the exact same reason. I was just sad that the weather determined if there would be shows, parades and fireworks.

Me Andy and my friend Leandra are going to be there that monday night till friday afternoonish. It would be awesome to run into you! I'm just not sure when or what parks we are doing, it all depends on Alicia's work schedule
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Don't Rain On My Parade

When we left off we were just hanging out in the Pirates giftshop. It was getting closer to parade time, no one was sure if Boo to You was even going to happen. We walked to frontierland and saw people roped off and waiting for the parade. We decided to find a spot and see whats going on.

It was now drizzling out and there were no places under shelter to stand. We ended up finding a spot in front of Pecos, the only thing was that it was infront of a family. We deicded to just sit in the rain since we had our ponchos on.

Thatís when I thought I pulled my poncho down all the way and realized I didnít as I sat in a huge puddle. Only I would do something like that

The family behind us was so thankful that we sat there, that way no one would stand in front of their kids who were sitting in strollers.

While waiting for the parade Brittany and Chelsea called there mothers I texted Alicia to figure out where she was.

While waiting for about a good 20 minutes we came up with the conclusion that the parade was not going to happen. So we walked through frontierland where we found Alicia and Andy. We stopped to talk about how sad this party was turning out to beÖ.

Then the best costume/ one of the only costumes weíve seen walked passed us. Look a parade decided to go on after all!

Our plan was to head to the haunted mansion and then figure out what to do next once we got that done. I think the saddest part of the whole night was that I didnít take a lot of photos because I didnít want to have to keep putting it away because of the rain.

Alicia had her camera so we took some pictures on the way to the mansion.

We decided to ditch the ponchos, this was the only night I was allowed to wear a costume in the parks I was not going to let some rain ruin that by me wearing a poncho all night.

The haunted mansion looked spookier than it normally does. They had white spirits? Flying in the windows that are normally never there.

Another thing to add to the list to make me sad tonight was Madame Carlotta was not going to be out because of the weather. Of course, I was looking forward to seeing her. It was probably one of the most things I was looking forward to this whole party. Youíre letting me down disneyÖ

While waiting in line there was a little boy and his parents talking about how they didnít want him going trick or treating in the rain because it will ruin his costume. Thatís when they decided that they would just go to the closest store to get a bag of candy for him.

Me, Brittany and Chelsea gave the candy we got from Pirates to the little boy. He was beyond happy and his parents were so thankful.

The Haunted Mansion maids and butlers were looking wonderful in their party outfits. While waiting to load I saw one butler on the loading dock scare people in the doom buggies by getting face to face to them.

The 3 of us crammed into one buggy and I knew being older he was going to try to scare, I was correct. Yet I still believe I let out a tiny yelp.

While exiting the ride I was glad to see Madame Carlotta thanking everyone for coming.

Next was some trick or treating, thatís all there was really to do besides going on rides. We made our way to peter panís flight where a candy line was, and another precious costume Pinocchio and Geppetto.

We hit all the candy lines from fantasyland to tomorrowland

Next we got in line for Space Mountain

It was getting close to Hallowishes time, again we werenít sure if that was going to take place or not. We walked to the hub because we didnít have anything else to do. There were a lot of people up and down Main Street maybe this was a good sign.

Chelsea had to go to the bathroom, she ended up leaving our group and disappeared. Andy walked off to get popcorn. It was just Alicia Brittany and me hanging out in the hub. The lady next to me asked me where I got my costume, I told her I made it. She thought it was super cute and then told me that her son was suppose to be stitch but with the rain they decided not to dress up. My long lost stitch!!!

Andy came back with his popcorn

Chelsea on the other hand was still missing.
While we waited we took some photos to remember the nightÖ.

Chelsea made it back in time and Hallowishes was a go!

FINALLY SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENED!

I finally finished the trip video which you can find here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BgNyV_HmLA

Enjoy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: