Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Test Track?

Any rumor about soft openings?
WellingtonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

It's supposed to open Dec. 6 just like the new fantasyland. I forget where I heard that from though. Sorry.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
pic22
Stitcheteer

Test Track

I saw on another site soft openning at the end of November. No official dates.

POR- Thanksgiving/Chistmas Trip 2012**Dolphin - October 2011 - DS First Trip **Dolphin/Beach Club Villas - Dec 05 **Poly/OKW/AKL - Dec 03**AS Music/Swan - July 02

pic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/1...-disney-world/
Experiment113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
champstylin
Earning My Ears

test track

they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.
champstylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

CM's have had a chance to ride it and there have been some pretty positive reviews. I would expect soft openings soon.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
Horizons16
Is experiment 626
Kawabunga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by champstylin
they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.
Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0

Larry the Lobstah takes his last spin on The Barnstormer.

Horizons16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizons16 View Post
Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0
I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

We'll be checking into the YC on Friday morning, hoping to go to Epcot quite a bit since we'll be a quick boat ride away...
I'm anxious to see what the new TT is like, praying for a soft opening while we're there!

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA
Good to hear and thanks for the link. I can't wait to go on it this January.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
BrerSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.
I rode it today and this is exactly how i feel.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

Wow. It looks disappointing. I liked the cheezy old tests better. Was not my favorite ride ever but this looks blah.
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Disjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

I'll have to wait until Jan/Feb to ride BUT, I like that Dis filled up the space INSIDE. Doesn't look like a warehouse and you can't see ahead to other "tests". Now this is not Test Track and should be renamed SimTrack or SimCourse. The look now coincides with Future World and I like some elements. Missing the hot and cold chambers. What about a ride photo?!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
Tigger1966
Addicted to Disney

Attractions magazine has a Kool side by side comparison on YouTube if anyone is interested.
1984 High School Graduation Present 1987 Honeymoon2002 Family Vacation 1 At The Fort 2003 Family Vacation 2 At The Fort 2005 Family Vacation 3 At The Fort 2006 Family Vacation 4 At The Fort 2008 Family Vacation 5 At The Fort 2009 Had a Great Time Despite The Flood 2010 Trip Down The Drain 2011 trip Was A Success

Tigger1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: