Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #3271
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Thanks for the PDF, PurpleEars - it looks great!

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
phyllis1966 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #3272
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Just had a chance to look at the PDF file. It's the greatest! Now thinking of what to make for dinner....hmmm, too many choices.

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
mom of princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3273
kimble
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Yes, the pdf is amazing. Thank you for all your hard work.

Susan
4/76 Polynesian, 4/80 Polynesian, 4/82 Polynesian, 4/85 Ft. Wilderness, 4/88 Ft. Wilderness, 4/89 Ft. Wilderness, 4/90 Contemporary & Ft. Wilderness, 4/91 G. Floridian & Beach Club, 6/95 AS Music, 12/95 DxL, 4/97 AS Movies, 4/99 AS Movies, 4/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins, 10/01 Off-Site, 12/02 Off-Site, 4/04 Off-Site,
1/06 Off-Site (Marathon!), 8/07 Port Orleans, 11/07 All Star Sports, 05/09 All Star Movies, 11/10 All Star Movies, 3/12 Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club (Club Level)

DL
Annual Passholder 1995, 2000-2010
Disneyland Paris 2/01, 5/03
kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3274
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ok I knew it was going to be 1700+ pages - but I was still shocked and amazed! Thank you!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #3275
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

I thought that I'd asked (begged) for a pdf, but I've had no luck getting one. If someone could forward one to me- please post here and I'll PM you my email address.

TIA..... (more begging)
Old 11-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #3276
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
Thanks for the PDF, PurpleEars - it looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
Just had a chance to look at the PDF file. It's the greatest! Now thinking of what to make for dinner....hmmm, too many choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimble View Post
Yes, the pdf is amazing. Thank you for all your hard work.

Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Ok I knew it was going to be 1700+ pages - but I was still shocked and amazed! Thank you!
Glad that the file got to your inbox without any problems. Like I said, it is work in progress please let me know if you spot any mistakes!

If you want inspirations for dinner tonight - I made the chocolate souffle from the Cruise Line a couple of times and they were good (I modified the recipe to 2 servings both times). I tried the maple glazed salmon but we didn't care for the glaze. It was too sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Flower* View Post
I thought that I'd asked (begged) for a pdf, but I've had no luck getting one. If someone could forward one to me- please post here and I'll PM you my email address.

TIA..... (more begging)
If you asked for the file over a week ago, you would not have received one from me as I didn't go back to old posts to find out who wanted the file (there are too many requests and I don't know how many of them even remember asking for one - I hate to be in an awkward situation where people accuse me of "spamming" them). Please pm me your email address and I will send it out to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #3277
crankybrandie
Earning My Ears

Recipes

Would someone please email the recipes to me. Please.
Crankybrandie at yahoo

Thanks so much
Brandie
crankybrandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #3278
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybrandie View Post
Would someone please email the recipes to me. Please.
Crankybrandie at yahoo

Thanks so much
Brandie
I just sent you a copy of the file (assuming your email ends with dot com).

Our Disney trips:
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #3279
Jersey918
Earning My Ears

I would love to have the recipes! My email is polifrone (@) (Gmail.com)

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #3280
SAT887
DIS Veteran

PurpleEars- are you okay with the sharing of this? I'm not sure how it has come about but I know some people who would enjoy it!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #3281
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey918 View Post
I would love to have the recipes! My email is polifrone (@) (Gmail.com)

Thanks!
A copy of the file should magically appear in your inbox shortly.

Quote:
PurpleEars- are you okay with the sharing of this? I'm not sure how it has come about but I know some people who would enjoy it!
I think in the short term I can manage people's request as they come in. I check my pm and on this thread approximately daily so I think people don't have to wait too long to get the file. I don't want to share it too widely as I consider this "beta version" of the file. I haven't had time to remove duplicates yet, for example. I'd feel more comfortable sharing it when it is in a more polished form.

I see that you will be going to Disney World soon. I hope you will have a great trip. If you happen to get near Captain's Grille and have time, I would like their cherry and blueberry pie with lemon gelato recipe. We had that in August and it was so good. I asked for the recipe at the time and filled out the form but I haven't heard back from them.

Our Disney trips:
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #3282
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
A copy of the file should magically appear in your inbox shortly.

I think in the short term I can manage people's request as they come in. I check my pm and on this thread approximately daily so I think people don't have to wait too long to get the file. I don't want to share it too widely as I consider this "beta version" of the file. I haven't had time to remove duplicates yet, for example. I'd feel more comfortable sharing it when it is in a more polished form.

I see that you will be going to Disney World soon. I hope you will have a great trip. If you happen to get near Captain's Grille and have time, I would like their cherry and blueberry pie with lemon gelato recipe. We had that in August and it was so good. I asked for the recipe at the time and filled out the form but I haven't heard back from them.
I completely understand. After vacation I am going to start searching through it to help ward off Disney withdrawl and also come up with a fun Christmas dinner!

Do they have a lounge or are they connected with Crews Club (I've never been to either)? I don't have an ADR there, and actually no dining plans at the yacht & beach club - however with that said, DH and I want to go try appetizers, desserts, wine etc at the various resorts... If I end up over that way I will see what I can do!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #3283
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Quote:
If you asked for the file over a week ago, you would not have received one from me as I didn't go back to old posts to find out who wanted the file (there are too many requests and I don't know how many of them even remember asking for one - I hate to be in an awkward situation where people accuse me of "spamming" them). Please pm me your email address and I will send it out to you as soon as I can. Thanks.
Thanks so much! I'll pm you right away- I know that this is a humongous undertaking and I (and everyone else) really appreciate all of your efforts with this. You're the BEST!!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #3284
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely understand. After vacation I am going to start searching through it to help ward off Disney withdrawl and also come up with a fun Christmas dinner!

Do they have a lounge or are they connected with Crews Club (I've never been to either)? I don't have an ADR there, and actually no dining plans at the yacht & beach club - however with that said, DH and I want to go try appetizers, desserts, wine etc at the various resorts... If I end up over that way I will see what I can do!
I hope you will have fun planning your Christmas dinner when you get back. I don't know when the "polished" version will be ready. It took me over 6 months to get the file to this point so I want to take a break from it for a while.

I don't think they have a lounge at Captain's Grille. We discovered the restaurant a few trips ago and we had good meals every time we went. I wouldn't go out of the way to get the recipe though. There are so many other good Disney recipes I want to try! Besides, I can probably recreate it if I really wanted to to so.

Our Disney trips:
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Old 11-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #3285
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you will have fun planning your Christmas dinner when you get back. I don't know when the "polished" version will be ready. It took me over 6 months to get the file to this point so I want to take a break from it for a while.

I don't think they have a lounge at Captain's Grille. We discovered the restaurant a few trips ago and we had good meals every time we went. I wouldn't go out of the way to get the recipe though. There are so many other good Disney recipes I want to try! Besides, I can probably recreate it if I really wanted to to so.
Your hard work is awesome! Well, if I end up there or near there (I want to do resort exploring with DH at night) I will ask

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: