Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
I just took another look at this entire thread looking for participants who were "rude" and acted as "bullies."

All I found was discussion about the topic (and complaints about supposed rudeness). The general reaction was that Disney buying Starbucks would not make business sense and would not happen. Also, it was pointed out that the post that started this topic here on the Disney Rumors and News board was neither a rumor nor news.

Some replies were brief (including the post that started this topic). Some (such as mine) were more wordy. Some included humor.

There were no personal attacks and nothing that was actually rude (unless read with a rude inner voice).

Disagreeing with a discussion point in a discussion topic on a discussion board is discussion, not rudeness.
We were discussing disboards in general, not this discussion. It got brought up.

HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #47
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChickadee View Post
Yes. This. Absolutely.

I was on here for years and left a while ago due to the down right nasty self centered know it alls that took over this board.

I'm back now and trying my best to ignore them.

They are the ones that have turned into the trolls.
See, it was about the boards and people's behaviors on them as a whole. Not this one thread

HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #48
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse14 View Post
I did, because they were, any other type of forum the MOD would have just moved it to the correct section.... Buuuut anyways enough is enough... Still disappointed in people on here
Once you realized that the post was made in the wrong area, why not just create a new thread and say "oops...wrong forum...check the new thread here..."

Seems like that would have wrapped-up the discussion pretty quickly.

I can see how some of the early posts come across as being a little rude. But you have to appreciate the context under which those comments were made. The discussion was already a page long before it was made clear that the intent was to have a speculative discussion rather than reporting some news or rumor. Early posters could only take it at face value.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
We were discussing disboards in general, not this discussion. It got brought up.
Quote:
See, it was about the boards and people's behaviors on them as a whole. Not this one thread
Straying off topic for a few posts really doesn't bother me as long as your posts contain some sort of relevance to the thread, but I still haven't seen your opinion on these things, just posts about how much the people here suck.

I'm not trying to be rude, really, and I'm sorry for your past experiences around here, just state a matter and go back to the topic. Also, try not to double post, if you're quoting multiple posts, there's a nifty "multi-quote" button at the bottom to span multiple points.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Not seeing the "fit"

To the OP's question, I'm not seeing how a Starbucks acquisition would fit into what is essentially an entertainment/merchandising corporation. Perhaps I'm just short sited.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #51
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover
To the OP's question, I'm not seeing how a Starbucks acquisition would fit into what is essentially an entertainment/merchandising corporation. Perhaps I'm just short sited.
Your absolutely right I don't either, ESPN brings merchandise and other promotional gains, as ABC family does... The only thing Disney could do with Starbucks is put their label on coffee... Like I said it was meant to be a speculation topic that went wrong

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #52
totsnblocks
My Family Loves All Things Disney

I agree

I don't have a problem with Disney buying Starbucks if they want to because the coffee offered now is terrible. I do however feel that if bringing in their coffee means that Disney has to change or do away with iconic shops or restaurants then Disney needs to rethink about it.

totsnblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Your absolutely right I don't either, ESPN brings merchandise and other promotional gains, as ABC family does... The only thing Disney could do with Starbucks is put their label on coffee... Like I said it was meant to be a speculation topic that went wrong
you know what i was wondering? and this is just based on the fact that starbucks is going to be in disney wolrd...

what type of things will they sell in starbucks? aside from the usual starbucks stuff, i mean.

i'm a little sad to see main street bakery go. we'll be arriving in february - main street bakery will not be there when we get there. but we'll also be there before starbucks opens up.

we'll be using our free dining plan - so say starbucks will be open when we arrive. does that mean i can use a snack credit for one of there venti custom-made drinks that costs nearly $8 (at least here in canada)?

i know - probably not going to happen.

are they going to have some disney-style branding in starbucks?

just questions i'm throwing out there.
shyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #54
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsnblocks View Post
I don't have a problem with Disney buying Starbucks if they want to because the coffee offered now is terrible. I do however feel that if bringing in their coffee means that Disney has to change or do away with iconic shops or restaurants then Disney needs to rethink about it.

i totally agree. see above post - i wish i could see main street bakery one more time!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #55
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeyes View Post
i totally agree. see above post - i wish i could see main street bakery one more time!
It won't look much different when you do see it. They will do some minor interior construction and put a small sign on the window or facade.

They are NOT tearing down the building to put up this:

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #56
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

If I'm not mistaking I read somewhere on here that they will still sell some of the favorites at Starbucks. Then have the bulk of what main street bakery had somewhere in the new fantasy world.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #57
shyeyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
It won't look much different when you do see it. They will do some minor interior construction and put a small sign on the window or facade.

They are NOT tearing down the building to put up this:

no - what i meant was, according to my prior post (2 posts ago) that i'm there in between the closing of one and the opening of the other.

i didn't think they were going to tear it down - but assume they will make some changes in the look for a 2 month shut-down period.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #58
GoofyGraham
Earning My Ears

"Disney to buy starbucks????"

Quote:
Aaannnnnnd go.....
I think a new forum entitled 'Disney Spoofs' could be created for this thread to be moved to....

Whilst I don't agree with the ensuing DISer bashing on either side of whichever argument is being DIScussed, I do feel that the title of the thread, in this case, and the opening post were inappropriate.
As has been suggested, it is neither Rumour (yes I'm a Brit) nor News but it really doesn't warrant the flaming and antagonism going on.

Anyway... lets all get fluffy again, if a Starbucks in WDW is all we've got to complain about, things really ain't that bad are they?

(and I've realised my ambition to use 4 smileys in one post)
I-Drive Sep 2005
Saratoga Springs Resort Aug 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort 5th-26th Sept 2011
Old Key West April 15th-29th 2013

Saratoga Springs booked, 21st September 2015
GoofyGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #59
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

Wow, so instead of just letting the post die people have to be rude and attack the OP? If you don't like what he posted why not just NOT respond? The OP didn't do anything wrong but everyone that attacked him did and that seems to be the norm in the Rumors and News forum if you don't like what someone says attack them? This site is supposed to be fun and help people with Disney questions and the Rumors and News forum should be exciting and fun right now with Star Wars, DHS rumored expansion, AK expansion and Fantasy Land expansion and TT opening.
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #60
mixitup1979
Earning My Ears

Atleast it will be better then the coffee they sell now
mixitup1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: