Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #31
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney is my life View Post
Could someone please explain to me what a pin code is? and where/how you can get one? do you have to sign up for something? Thanks
Read the first post in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1686236
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
disney is my life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

Read the first post in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1686236
Thanks!

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
disney is my life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #33
bk0308
Earning My Ears

When you get these "PIN" codes via email/mail, what does it look like? Who does the email/mail come from and does it clearly let you know that its a PIN number?
bk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0308 View Post
When you get these "PIN" codes via email/mail, what does it look like? Who does the email/mail come from and does it clearly let you know that its a PIN number?
Emails come from Disney Destinations typically. Mail comes like a postcard.

It usually is worded as a a special with prices and on the bottom or so it'll say something like, 'don't forget your pin 2342309234.'

All of them are different but that at least lets you know what to look for.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
bk0308
Earning My Ears

Quick question....are PIN codes only given out to those people who have been to Disney before? I called to see if there were any associated with my name and the lady asked if I had ever been to disney before. When I told her no, she told me that I wouldnt have any PINs associated with my name? Any one else with this experience?
bk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #36
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0308 View Post
Quick question....are PIN codes only given out to those people who have been to Disney before? I called to see if there were any associated with my name and the lady asked if I had ever been to disney before. When I told her no, she told me that I wouldnt have any PINs associated with my name? Any one else with this experience?
That's not necessarily true.

No one knows the rhyme or reason behind getting a pin. But, if you create an account on the Disney website and fiddle with it, order DVDs and such, you'd have a chance.

You just have to be in their system to have a chance. But again, who knows what criteria they look for when shooting out pins
Old 11-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

We live in Florida. Last year my mom and dad both came to visit from Pennsylvania on two separate occasions. We did stay at the resorts with them. They are always calling me up and saying " I got a postcard from Disney " with codes on them. I am guessing Disney got their info from our reservations.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #38
Josh125
Mouseketeer

I called and had a QSD pin valid Jan 1 through the end of March! Time to sit down and do the math to see if the public room discount is a better deal.
Josh125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
h&D3
Mouseketeer

Something just dawned on me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by h&D3 View Post
I took the chance and called to see if we had a pin code associated with our name. Behold, DH had one tied to his name. (how he got one is beyond me because everything we have ever done or booked has been in my name... oh well - as long as we got one that is all that matters.)

Anyway, we got a code for 25% off for RO rates for next August. (For the AKL)

~D

I've been thinking about this and I wondered if anyone else has or has tried this and been successful.

I called a few months ago and we had a PIN tied to our name for 25% off for our trip this summer. So we changed our reservations to reflect this discount.

Should I call back and again find out if any new PINS have been associated with our names. Could there be a different discount available for us that might be better than the one we have? I assume that the PIN #'s eventually expire and they assign new ones, right? If not, I still have at least the 25% which is better than nothing, but additional would always be appreciated!

I figured it probably couldn't hurt.... right?

~D
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #40
maples123
Earning My Ears

Dad's PIN

I booked a trip for my entire family in 2009. Now I receive PIN's all the time but they are addressed to my father with my e-mail and home address. Can I use a PIN that is not under my name?
maples123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #41
krichards
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples123
I booked a trip for my entire family in 2009. Now I receive PIN's all the time but they are addressed to my father with my e-mail and home address. Can I use a PIN that is not under my name?
No. Unfortunately this happens quite often. It really stinks Hope you get a pin code soon though!

If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true. -- Cinderella
krichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #42
kimk2230
Mouseketeer

I also have a pin but when I called the price was higher than the current promotion. It isn't much maybe 40.00 higher but I thought pins were suppose to be cheaper than the current promotions?
kimk2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #43
schriverl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples123 View Post
I get PINs with my Step fathers last name in my personal email account. I booked a vacation in my name with 2 rooms so my Mom and him could go with us in 2007. Somehow they put the whole reservation in my StepDads last name only. So I can't use it either unless he goes with us.
schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #44
stinkpickle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimk2230 View Post
I also have a pin but when I called the price was higher than the current promotion. It isn't much maybe 40.00 higher but I thought pins were suppose to be cheaper than the current promotions?
Not always...the difference in final price between the last PIN I received for free dining and the existing moderate resort discount would have only been $12 for a 6-day stay.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
stinkpickle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples123 View Post
I would call. I used a PIN code addressed to my mother-in-law once. I just told the dude on the phone that she wasn't going to use it, and I asked if I could instead. He said it would be fine, so I did.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: