DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
andriade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug
I'm trying to book Aulani at the 7 month window. This is now the 6th day in a row that I get online at 8:00 AM SHARP, only to find every time that the first day of my window is not available. The rest of the week is available, but just not the first day. So I can't book anything. What irritates me is that the first day shows up as available just minutes beforehand, when I put it in as part of a trial reservation starting on an earlier date.

I could see this happening once or twice, but every single day for 6 days in a row? I'm beyond frustrated, and don't know how to proceed.

I get it! I am in the same boat. I am in California and have been getting up at 5:00 am to try. It stinks. It is beyond frustrating.
Disneyland Annual Passholders! Old Key West & Animal Kingdom Villas Owners WDW Swan 12/03-Got bit by the bug! Fort Wilderness Cabins 11/04 1/06 BWV 12/06 Christmas Trip BCV August 2008-Disney Magic Mexican Riviera BWV 4/2011 BWV 8/2011 GCV 6/2012 GCV 8/2012 Aulani

andriade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
andriade
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain. I have been doing the same thing. I booked for last August after the 7 month window and got a studio. Now that they opened the new tower, I thought I would have even better chances. Now I am thinking about purchasing Aulani just to avoid this daily wake up call at 5:00 am.
Disneyland Annual Passholders! Old Key West & Animal Kingdom Villas Owners WDW Swan 12/03-Got bit by the bug! Fort Wilderness Cabins 11/04 1/06 BWV 12/06 Christmas Trip BCV August 2008-Disney Magic Mexican Riviera BWV 4/2011 BWV 8/2011 GCV 6/2012 GCV 8/2012 Aulani

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriade View Post
Now that they opened the new tower, I thought I would have even better chances.
Opening new rooms doesn't really matter. For the most part, rooms are not available to be booked by members until the points those rooms represent have been sold.

The plan calls for about 480 villas. But even if construction work is complete, not all 480 will be accessible to members for many years to come.

We have no idea how sales are progressing but just to illustrate, if DVC has only sold 50 rooms worth of points, only those 50 rooms will be available for member point bookings.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
andriade
DIS Veteran

I am hoping that July opens up a bit more since rooms go for more points. I will be so sad if we can't get a room.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Were you able to book the dates you wanted through MS?

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
Edge1391
Earning My Ears

I feel your pain. I've been checking every morning for the last 3 months. There has always been rooms available in the 2 bedroom configuration. If Standard view wasn't available then an Island or Ocean view has always been an option until the beginning of June. Recently I've noticed that the first 2 days are even unavailable when checking berfore 8 am using the day before as an arrival date.

Seeing this trend and having the hopes of 7 others vacation plans on my shoulders I deceided to call MS to ask for advice. I was lucky enough to talk to someone that was very informative. I explained my concerns and asked what my chances would be if I were to wait list the entire stay. She told me that she has worked on the wait list side ..... processing requests ....... and said that throughout the day many things change. I was convinced and was ready to waitlist the entire stay the morning of June 20th.

After reading all the posts about the availability in June and everyones frustration ...... I feel as if I hit the lottery. At 7:57 am on the morning of Jun 20th, while waiting for the 8am widow to open, I checked on the 19-25th. The 19th was unavailable but the 20th to the 25th was open for booking. Now I just need to add the last day .. the 26th. My advice would be to sit on the booking screen and just keep pressing Book .... right before 8 am. Good luck.
Edge1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge1391 View Post
At 7:57 am on the morning of Jun 20th, while waiting for the 8am widow to open, I checked on the 19-25th. The 19th was unavailable but the 20th to the 25th was open for booking. Now I just need to add the last day .. the 26th. My advice would be to sit on the booking screen and just keep pressing Book .... right before 8 am. Good luck.
So you searched before 8am and stayed on that page but booked after 8? I'm confused
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
So you searched before 8am and stayed on that page but booked after 8? I'm confused
If I remember how I did it 7 months ago for a trip I just finished last week, I logged into the site and went to the booking page with the calendar before 8a.

I put in the dates and room and resort I wanted to book, and clicked to search, but since that first date wasn't yet allowed for me to book yet, it didn't work.

I THINK at that point I just stayed on that page, with all the date already filled in, and kept clicking until finally the first date became active (right around 8a).

At that point I reserved the room, which gives you 20 minutes to hold it while you fill out the names of the guests, etc.

When I called MS later to place my room requests, the CM told me I had gotten the last studio at VWL, which matched what I saw online, because once I was done booking and confirming everything, I went back to look at my dates again on the booking page and that first day was gone. Just minutes after I had booked it.

So I either got THE last studio, or one of them.

I wish I could recall better what I did and the steps for you, but I think what I wrote is pretty close, and others on these boards who know way more than I will no doubt correct any mistakes I made.

Good luck to you!
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
CBFlake
Earning My Ears

I also am having the EXACT same problem with booking at Grand Californian. It seems something is amiss. I called MS and was told basically the same thing--that I am just a little late and someone is taking that room. But I find it hard to believe that each day everyone books all but ONE room. And that room magically disappears at 8:00am each day. Not likely. However, with that said....

Can one of the waitlist experts answer this question for me? I waitlisted my entire stay June 21-28, and only June 21 is not available. Obviously if June 21 comes available I should get my waitlist. But, since I waitlisted all the other days...if someone wants to book June 22-28 can they take those rooms and hose my waitlist even more? In other words, do I now need all the days (if now suddenly all are not available?) or am I somehow locked in on those days and just waiting on the first day? I hope I am explaining this correctly..... Thanks to anyone that wants to tackle this...
CBFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Opening new rooms doesn't really matter. For the most part, rooms are not available to be booked by members until the points those rooms represent have been sold.
Really? I did not know that. So before those points have been sold are those rooms held for cash sales and promotional use only?
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #26
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFlake View Post
I also am having the EXACT same problem with booking at Grand Californian. It seems something is amiss. I called MS and was told basically the same thing--that I am just a little late and someone is taking that room. But I find it hard to believe that each day everyone books all but ONE room. And that room magically disappears at 8:00am each day. Not likely. However, with that said....
Doesn't have to be just one room. Could be two or three or more getting gobbled up quickly. Guess it just depends on how many are available at 7:55am and how many members are scrambling to book.

Grand Californian only has a maximum of 23 Studio, 23 1B and 23 Dedicated 2B villas. Very small with tens-of-thousands of non-owners gaining booking access right at 7 mos.

Quote:
Can one of the waitlist experts answer this question for me? I waitlisted my entire stay June 21-28, and only June 21 is not available. Obviously if June 21 comes available I should get my waitlist. But, since I waitlisted all the other days...if someone wants to book June 22-28 can they take those rooms and hose my waitlist even more? In other words, do I now need all the days (if now suddenly all are not available?) or am I somehow locked in on those days and just waiting on the first day? I hope I am explaining this correctly..... Thanks to anyone that wants to tackle this...
Days are not held in the event of a partial waitlist match. In your example, other members would be free and clear to book any vacancies on June 22-28. The only way a match would be made is if the entire period of June 21-28 is simultaneously available.

Creating the waitlist as early as possible is always wise. Never know when a match may occur if there is a cancellation. But it would also be wise to continue trying to book other days, and adjust the waitlist request accordingly.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #27
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
Really? I did not know that. So before those points have been sold are those rooms held for cash sales and promotional use only?
Correct.

Until units (rooms, points) are sold, Disney is the owner. That's true of every DVC resort.

Right now about 25-30% of Kidani Village remains unsold so members can only book the other 70-75% using points.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #28
CBFlake
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Doesn't have to be just one room. Could be two or three or more getting gobbled up quickly. Guess it just depends on how many are available at 7:55am and how many members are scrambling to book.

Grand Californian only has a maximum of 23 Studio, 23 1B and 23 Dedicated 2B villas. Very small with tens-of-thousands of non-owners gaining booking access right at 7 mos.

Days are not held in the event of a partial waitlist match. In your example, other members would be free and clear to book any vacancies on June 22-28. The only way a match would be made is if the entire period of June 21-28 is simultaneously available.

Creating the waitlist as early as possible is always wise. Never know when a match may occur if there is a cancellation. But it would also be wise to continue trying to book other days, and adjust the waitlist request accordingly.
Thanks. It seems sort of backward--or then whats the point of the waitlist. But I see your point. I would be unfair to deny someone who can book because of my waitlist that may never come free. Thanks for the answer. ALthough not what I was hoping to hear
CBFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #29
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFlake View Post
Thanks. It seems sort of backward--or then whats the point of the waitlist. But I see your point. I would be unfair to deny someone who can book because of my waitlist that may never come free. Thanks for the answer. ALthough not what I was hoping to hear
That is why you are best off still trying to get at least part of your stay and then waitlisting whatever you can't get. It's more difficult to get a long waitlist than a short list because unless all days are available any openings will bypass you and move down the list until they find someone who wants what has actually become available.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #30
TheRustyScupper
Coordinator: GKTW. Volunteer: Kiwanis & SCORE. Board Member: Make-A-Wish. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty Good Sailing Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
. . . I could see this happening once or twice, but every single day for 6 days in a row? . . .
1) You have discovered the problem with points. *
2) There are weeks when lots of others want the same ressie.
3) If you don't get in FAST, FAST, FAST, you are out of luck.
4) Hope you eventually get your desired days/week.

* From ANY timeshare company using points, not just Disney. That
is why we only bought fixed weeks when we bought timeshares. We
knew the guaranteed week(s), but could still trade weeks if we wished.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: