Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Sounds great! I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I always prefer to be within driving distance of port on sailing day, no matter which one we're leaving from. We flew in the day before to LAX and will do the same for Vancouver/Alaska next year. Makes things MUCH less stressful and gives a buffer in case of flight delays.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
artnerds
That's just unproFESSIONAL, gurl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809
Sounds great! I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I always prefer to be within driving distance of port on sailing day, no matter which one we're leaving from. We flew in the day before to LAX and will do the same for Vancouver/Alaska next year. Makes things MUCH less stressful and gives a buffer in case of flight delays.
That was my thinking exactly. Well, it was actually the Guest Services rep's thinking when he suggested coming a day early.

My last cruise was when I still lived in Tampa...we just drove to Port Canaveral. I hadn't even considered how stressful (or devastating) a flight delay/cancellation on sailing day would be.

I really appreciate your kind offer to try to send us buttons if we couldn't get them.
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Yes, we're very spoiled just being able to get in the car and drive an hour to the port. It's really fabulous.

You're very welcome, I would have been happy to do it.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

I saw this title on the 'main' page and had to reply! This sounds so amazing. Congrats to you both! I hope its magical!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
I saw this title on the 'main' page and had to reply! This sounds so amazing. Congrats to you both! I hope its magical!
Thanks so much!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #21
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnerds
The Guest Services folks said they'd be happy to have engagement buttons waiting for us when we check in at the resort, but they can't mail them to us in advance. Boo, but not really a surprise. So, if anyone will be in the parks or at a WDW resort over the next couple of months and doesn't mind stopping in Guest Services and nabbing us a couple of engagement buttons, that would be awesome! Of course, I'd be happy to PayPal the cost of postage to you.

UPDATE: A better solution...I decided to change our plans a little. We are going to fly down the day before our cruise and stay at Boardwalk Villas that night. That way, we can relax, have a nice meal that evening, and head to the port the next morning without stress. I will sneak away and get two "Just Engaged" buttons from Guest Services and put them in my luggage to bring on the cruise.
Excellent plan! And congrats!

My husband and I got married last year (We're in New York) - Its so AWESOME to see states coming around here in the US one by one, and to see couples getting into it. I love the Remy proposal idea!!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #22
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s

Excellent plan! And congrats!

My husband and I got married last year (We're in New York) - Its so AWESOME to see states coming around here in the US one by one, and to see couples getting into it. I love the Remy proposal idea!!
Thanks!

Yeah, if all goes as planned, we'll be getting married in NY. We currently divide our time between Philly and NYC, and my bf's family are in NYC, Long Island, and Beacon.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnerds

Thanks!

Yeah, if all goes as planned, we'll be getting married in NY. We currently divide our time between Philly and NYC, and my bf's family are in NYC, Long Island, and Beacon.
We were in Park Slope and Manhattan for years. Decamped to upstate a few years ago. Love Beacon! We used to call it "New Park Slope." I'm sure somewhere else is "New Beacon" at this point.
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #24
artnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s

Love Beacon!
Me too! We're on the train headed there now for Thanksgiving at my bf's parents' place.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Or, as a famous drag queen once said, "Happy Gobble Gobble, Gurl!"
Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #25
artnerds

A hint for anyone planning to propose on a cruise.

Do it near the end of the cruise. If you do it near the beginning, it makes the rest of the cruise suck when he says no.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #26
flrealtorgrl
Believes in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't go well.

Magic Mediterranean 6/11, Dream Benefit Cruise 1/21/11, Wonder Double Dip 7/11/10, Magic Western 6/27/09, Magic Mediterranean 5/07, Magic Western 12/05,Magic Eastern 3/05,Wonder 9/04,Magic Western 3/04,Wonder 2/04,Magic Western 3/03,Magic Eastern 3/02,Magic Eastern 3/01
If the tiara fits I want one in every color.
flrealtorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

Oh NO I am so very sorry.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
mrunn0080
Earning My Ears

well, that's something I would never had planned for. It is a good idea. Sorry your boyfriend did that to you, I would have him leave the boat so he wouldn't ruin the rest of my cruise.
mrunn0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
jiminy.cricket
Disneyphile Extraordinare

Aww...I'm so sorry. That is a good point.
jiminy.cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #30
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunn0080 View Post
well, that's something I would never had planned for. It is a good idea. Sorry your boyfriend did that to you, I would have him leave the boat so he wouldn't ruin the rest of my cruise.
Sadly leaving the ship is not a possibility!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: