Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #3511
dillydilly
Mouseketeer
 
dillydilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bring back Cinderella's original hair please
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Well today is the day! We leave at 1 for the airport, and of course my DH is not packed at all yet. I hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving tomorrow!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Wishing you a magical trip!
__________________
DillyDilly DH DD DD DS DD DS
Disneyland: Many times!
WDW: POR 2003, POP 2012, POR 2013
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #3512
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 5,967

Cant wait!!! 4 days and only 1.5 hours of work left til im on a 12 day vacation!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #3513
jcieutat
Mouseketeer
 
jcieutat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 359

2 days folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting up the Christmas decorations tonight, eating a huge Thanksgiving meal with the family tomorrow, and then waking up Friday morning and flying to DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!! I just hope we remember to put the elf on the shelf out tomorrow night (just joking as we will not forget)..
__________________


35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #3514
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer
 
uscgmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 413

We are in FL now! Disney on Monday. The weather is amazing! 74 today and all sun!
__________________
uscgmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #3515
bartleyosu
Ohio State Mouse Fan
 
bartleyosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic, Ohio
Posts: 151

Wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Ate lunch at be our guest, it was beautiful. 4 of us, got steak sandwiches, ham, and pork, french onion soup, potato soup, chocolate cream puff. All was good but steak was just OK. Got brew at Gaston, too sweet for me, but got Belle cup. Saw under the sea, great. Lots of people, but waits were OK if using fast passes. Left at seven, ascooled off and DD and Dm done. Tomorrow we move into royal rooms, and do Fastasmic lunch at MM. Warm during day and cool at night.
__________________
The Bartleys
1983 offsite 1st MK only, 1988 as tour escort offsite
1990 with hubby to be offsite, 2000 with boys and DH ASMovie
2006-7 POFQ/POP 10 days of Christmas, 2009 POP June 2-9
Christmas 12/19 - 12/24/2010 at POFQ POP 8/6 -8/8/11 then Fountains -8/14/11

November 21-26 2012 Thanksgivng at Riverside: Pop June 2013 POFQ April 2014 SSR December 2014

bartleyosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #3516
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer
 
disney mom of 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 119

Just wanted to say Have a Great Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone!!!!!! I made all my pies, got the stuffing ready and made a casserole. I can't wait for tomorrow. Family will be here and it will be a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Thanks! Enjoy decorating your tree!!!

Quick update: DS was a little better today. Fever went away! guess antibiotic is really helping!
We were able to go to Downtown Disney for a couple hours which the kids enjoyed. My DS is allergic to eggs and peanuts, so he truly enjoyed his cupcake at Baby Cakes! Went to the main Disney store where he freaked out when he saw all the Mickey stuff! It was really cute! DD enjoyed the train and carousel. We were going to have dinner at T-Rex until the dinosaur when you first walked it came pretty far down and scared the crap out of DD. needless to say, she just wanted to high tail it out of there!! Tomorrow is breakfast at Chef Mickeys! It's a surprise so I can't wait to see how the kids react! Hope they enjoy it and aren't afraid!! Lol Hope you all have a good night!!
We had fun decorating. I love they way little ones want to put all of the ornaments on one branch at the bottom of the tree. When I saw my dd3 doing this it reminded me that dd2 had done the same thing. She had about 8on one branch she just kept pushing them back. My mom told me she would let us decorate however and then when we went to bed she would redecorate. Ha Ha!

So glad your little one is better and the fever is gone. Have a blast at Chef Mickey's. We are eating dinner there on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Monday we went to Epcot. It was cold all day Monday. It never managed to get out of the 50's even though the forecast was 74. We did Future World from RD to about 2. We did the Seas, Land, and Imagination pavillions as well as Spaceship Earth. Then we went to downtown Disney for Dinner.

Yesterday we went to AK. It was a perfect day. We were there from 7:45 to 5. We saw all the shows, rode all the rides, had lunch at Tusker House, looked at the animals, met a couple characters and saw the parade. The only things we skipped were the train and Flights of wonder. It warmed up nicely yesterday and was a beautiful day. The paths felt crowded at times, but the longest we waited for anything all day was 10 minutes.
Sounds like you are having a great time. Don't tell my DH about temps being in the 50's. Ha Ha! I have so many different outfits packed its crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Well today is the day! We leave at 1 for the airport, and of course my DH is not packed at all yet. I hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving tomorrow!
Have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle77 View Post
Well after being hom 2 weeks I just paid off our next trip in 48 day!!!
Walt Disney World Marathon here we come!!!!
What did I get myself into
Lucky you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Cant wait!!! 4 days and only 1.5 hours of work left til im on a 12 day vacation!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
12 days of vacation sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
2 days folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting up the Christmas decorations tonight, eating a huge Thanksgiving meal with the family tomorrow, and then waking up Friday morning and flying to DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!! I just hope we remember to put the elf on the shelf out tomorrow night (just joking as we will not forget)..
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleyosu View Post
Wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Ate lunch at be our guest, it was beautiful. 4 of us, got steak sandwiches, ham, and pork, french onion soup, potato soup, chocolate cream puff. All was good but steak was just OK. Got brew at Gaston, too sweet for me, but got Belle cup. Saw under the sea, great. Lots of people, but waits were OK if using fast passes. Left at seven, ascooled off and DD and Dm done. Tomorrow we move into royal rooms, and do Fastasmic lunch at MM. Warm during day and cool at night.
Sounds like a great day!
__________________
Me DH DS DS DD DD DD DS

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #3517
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 902

Quick catch up from our trip since we've been busy!

Sorry to hear so many have had sick kiddos. I know that is never part of the plan.

Our first day at MK was pretty awesome. DD2 got done up at BBB as Belle and was completely adorable. After that we had lunch at BOG, which was awesome. Then we did Enchanted Tales with Belle and I was one of the knights, DD1 was the Beast and DD2 was silverware. DD2 stole the show when she got to meet Belle. Not a dry eye in the house during that it was so cute.

We have a lot more to do since we pretty much only did Fantasyland while we were there. Going back tomorrow for more.

Tuesday we did DHS. DD1 got to ride ToT with me twice and she loved it. We did TSM, met P & F and took a gazillion pictures of the Osborne lights.

Today was AK. Took it slow and spent most of the day in Dinoland but DD1 did get to ride Everest twice with me.

We had a mishap at DHS. I got to the car to leave and my key fob to start my car had fallen off of my keyring! I panicked but thankfully someone had turned it into Guest Services and I was able to get back to the resort without a problem. Scary stuff though.

All in all it's a good time. The kids are fighting over the stroller of all things. DD1 (7) wants to ride in it and DD2 (4) only wants to ride in it so DD1 doesn't. Other than that its going well.

Off to O'Hana breakfast then MK again!
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #3518
mickeye
DIS Veteran
 
mickeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 507

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Three days to go and I will be in WDW! Can't wait to see it for the first time at Christmas! Everyone else who is going after Turkey day: Have A Wonderful Trip!
__________________
"My Heart and Mind are always in Disney World."
"How High Can A Sycamore Grow? If You Cut It Down, Then You'll Never Know."

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #3519
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 713

Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #3520
bartleyosu
Ohio State Mouse Fan
 
bartleyosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic, Ohio
Posts: 151

Checked into royal room at riverside, beautiful!
__________________
The Bartleys
1983 offsite 1st MK only, 1988 as tour escort offsite
1990 with hubby to be offsite, 2000 with boys and DH ASMovie
2006-7 POFQ/POP 10 days of Christmas, 2009 POP June 2-9
Christmas 12/19 - 12/24/2010 at POFQ POP 8/6 -8/8/11 then Fountains -8/14/11

November 21-26 2012 Thanksgivng at Riverside: Pop June 2013 POFQ April 2014 SSR December 2014

bartleyosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #3521
dfin
Earning My Ears
 
dfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 70

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY DIS FRIENDS
We leave tomorrow, its finally here.
__________________
dfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #3522
peachygreen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,301

THe weather has nicely warmed back up and is sunny and in the mid to upper 70's now. It feels beautiful outside now.

Tuesday we had a perfect day at Animal Kingdom. We rode everything at least once except the train and saw all the shows except the Flights of Wonder. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time.

Yesterday we had a Magical day at the Magic Kingdom. I love New Fantasyland. It is just beautiful. It was agreat day capped off by dinner at the Castle. We enjoyed pretty much everything in Fantasyland, new Fantasyland (except for Be Our Guest), Storybook CIrcus and Tomorrowland. Tomorrow we go back and plan to focus on Frontierland and Adventureland. We couldn't have asked for a better day at the Magic Kindom yesterday.


IMG_6883 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Happy Thanksgiving all. Today we are taking a quiet day at the resort. We plan to go look at some Christmas Decorations later and will have dinner tonight at Chef Mickey's.
__________________
Family - Me Kristie-37, DH James-37, DD1 Megan-7, DD2 Alice-3

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #3523
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Oh no! Hope ur DD's are all ok! Hope everyone has a nice holiday. We leave sunday so that means Smileybug leaves Friday. I miss that girl! Lol

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
Down to one day for you now. I know you're beyond excited. I hope everything exceeds your expectations! Thank you for taking such good care of us on this thread and all the work you've done! Awesome! Have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
We're 4 days too! Sorry about the kids, but glad you got it checked out, hopefully we beat all these nasty germs ASAP.....

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to do the "refrigeration shuffle" too.
Now down to one day if my calculations are correct. Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Today we are 6 days out. Right about now next week we should be leaving MK and going back to POP to get ready for our dd's birthday dinner at California Grill. Does anyone else play 'What will I be doing at this time on my trip next week'?
I do! I was just doing that yesterday. Then when we get back I play it the other way...this time last week we were...much sadder version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbley View Post
Just a quick update as promised, we ate at BOG this evening and I loved it! The theming is beautiful and I really enjoyed the food. Me & DH both had the French onion soup to start which was gorgeous. DH had the steak and I had the Cornish Hen followed by the lemon meringue cup cake. Both kids had grilled chicken breast which they did with 'pommes frites' as DD couldn't have the pasta. Beast did a walk through the restaurant twice while we were there then we could go to the study for a picture. So glad we managed to eat there it really made our last night, we fly home tomorrow😒.
So glad to hear about BOG. Can't wait to try it out on the 28th! Hope your flight home was good. Thanks so much for updating us. It's so fun to hear from people while they are actually there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
We got back late Sunday night after an amazing 10 days. Still getting unpacked and settled and catching up on laundry.

Only bummer is we think we left DS's stuffed Perry at the hotel. Of course it was the one thing he bought with his own money. I'll go through all our stuff tomorrow in hopes of finding it. If not does anyone know if the hotel found it if I can get shipped home?
If the maid found it, they will probably be able to get it back to you. The problem with calling the resort is, you're not really calling the resort, but a call center and they would have no way to help with that. And they don't identify themselves as a call center, but pretend to be at the front desk. Hope you can get it back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Thanks! Enjoy decorating your tree!!!

Quick update: DS was a little better today. Fever went away! guess antibiotic is really helping!
We were able to go to Downtown Disney for a couple hours which the kids enjoyed. My DS is allergic to eggs and peanuts, so he truly enjoyed his cupcake at Baby Cakes! Went to the main Disney store where he freaked out when he saw all the Mickey stuff! It was really cute! DD enjoyed the train and carousel. We were going to have dinner at T-Rex until the dinosaur when you first walked it came pretty far down and scared the crap out of DD. needless to say, she just wanted to high tail it out of there!! Tomorrow is breakfast at Chef Mickeys! It's a surprise so I can't wait to see how the kids react! Hope they enjoy it and aren't afraid!! Lol Hope you all have a good night!!
So glad to hear he's getting better! Sounds like the rest of your trip will be fantastic! I hope so! Hope they enjoyed their surprise at Chef Mickey's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
Monday we went to Epcot. It was cold all day Monday. It never managed to get out of the 50's even though the forecast was 74. We did Future World from RD to about 2. We did the Seas, Land, and Imagination pavillions as well as Spaceship Earth. Then we went to downtown Disney for Dinner.

Yesterday we went to AK. It was a perfect day. We were there from 7:45 to 5. We saw all the shows, rode all the rides, had lunch at Tusker House, looked at the animals, met a couple characters and saw the parade. The only things we skipped were the train and Flights of wonder. It warmed up nicely yesterday and was a beautiful day. The paths felt crowded at times, but the longest we waited for anything all day was 10 minutes.
Wow! Sounds like you're having a great time! Glad the weather is pretty good and the wait times are manageable. Thanks for the updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle77 View Post
Well after being hom 2 weeks I just paid off our next trip in 48 day!!!
Walt Disney World Marathon here we come!!!!
What did I get myself into


Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleyosu View Post
Wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Ate lunch at be our guest, it was beautiful. 4 of us, got steak sandwiches, ham, and pork, french onion soup, potato soup, chocolate cream puff. All was good but steak was just OK. Got brew at Gaston, too sweet for me, but got Belle cup. Saw under the sea, great. Lots of people, but waits were OK if using fast passes. Left at seven, ascooled off and DD and Dm done. Tomorrow we move into royal rooms, and do Fastasmic lunch at MM. Warm during day and cool at night.
Sounds like so much fun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Quick catch up from our trip since we've been busy!

Sorry to hear so many have had sick kiddos. I know that is never part of the plan.

Our first day at MK was pretty awesome. DD2 got done up at BBB as Belle and was completely adorable. After that we had lunch at BOG, which was awesome. Then we did Enchanted Tales with Belle and I was one of the knights, DD1 was the Beast and DD2 was silverware. DD2 stole the show when she got to meet Belle. Not a dry eye in the house during that it was so cute.

We have a lot more to do since we pretty much only did Fantasyland while we were there. Going back tomorrow for more.

Tuesday we did DHS. DD1 got to ride ToT with me twice and she loved it. We did TSM, met P & F and took a gazillion pictures of the Osborne lights.

Today was AK. Took it slow and spent most of the day in Dinoland but DD1 did get to ride Everest twice with me.

We had a mishap at DHS. I got to the car to leave and my key fob to start my car had fallen off of my keyring! I panicked but thankfully someone had turned it into Guest Services and I was able to get back to the resort without a problem. Scary stuff though.

All in all it's a good time. The kids are fighting over the stroller of all things. DD1 (7) wants to ride in it and DD2 (4) only wants to ride in it so DD1 doesn't. Other than that its going well.

Off to O'Hana breakfast then MK again!
Wow! Sounds like you're having a blast! So neat that your DD can ride the big rides with you. Nice bonding experience. Lol that she wants to ride in the stroller. It does get so tiring!! And the little one's response is sooo typical! So glad someone turned in your key fob! Another bit of pixie dust. And it is so neat that you all got to participate in the Enchanted Tales. Hope your DW got some video of it. Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Three days to go and I will be in WDW! Can't wait to see it for the first time at Christmas! Everyone else who is going after Turkey day: Have A Wonderful Trip!
You as well! Hope it is magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
THe weather has nicely warmed back up and is sunny and in the mid to upper 70's now. It feels beautiful outside now.

Tuesday we had a perfect day at Animal Kingdom. We rode everything at least once except the train and saw all the shows except the Flights of Wonder. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time.

Yesterday we had a Magical day at the Magic Kingdom. I love New Fantasyland. It is just beautiful. It was agreat day capped off by dinner at the Castle. We enjoyed pretty much everything in Fantasyland, new Fantasyland (except for Be Our Guest), Storybook CIrcus and Tomorrowland. Tomorrow we go back and plan to focus on Frontierland and Adventureland. We couldn't have asked for a better day at the Magic Kindom yesterday.


IMG_6883 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Happy Thanksgiving all. Today we are taking a quiet day at the resort. We plan to go look at some Christmas Decorations later and will have dinner tonight at Chef Mickey's.
The girls are adorable in their dresses and Mom looks pretty happy! That's always a good sign.
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #3524
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,979

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was so nice to have 2 of our 4 kids here along with their families. So much laughter and fun! Our Son and his wife will be here until Sunday and our daughter and her family are leaving tomorrow morning.

The house has been decorated for Christmas since last Saturday. The Grandkids really enjoyed having them out. DH is putting the tree up on Sunday and I will probably decorate it Monday. I've gotten all the Christmas cards made and will address them on Sunday while watching Christmas movies. I will pack in earnest on Monday or Tuesday. I have a dental appt, an eye exam and a massage before we go. We're traveling 2 1/2 hours to stay overnight near the airport we're flying out of. We can leave our car there and they'll shuttle us to the airport so we don't have to pay for parking. The funny thing is, we live 5 minutes from an airport, but the flights were $300 cheaper going to Columbus and they are both non-stop, so well worth it! I'm getting so excited!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

ETA: I forgot to comment about the kids decorating the tree with lots of ornaments on one branch. That is so adorable. Our DGD, who wasn't quite 3, did the same thing. I left them just as she placed them and after she went back home to Virginia, I would look at those lower branches and just smile. She kissed each ornament before placing them on the tree too, which was precious. I have to say when mine were little I did as your mother did and rearranged after they went to bed. Now I wish I had left them just as they placed them! Funny how we mellow as we age.
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #3525
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!
 
MichaelAaronsmom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Posts: 47

Our last day in Disney world! =(

My son had an amazing time. Everyone is so nice here. When we arrived to check-in, they had greeted him with a stuffed donald duck, autograph book, and a big pen for his birthday. That itself had made his day. As for the weather, it did start out horrible. We all ended up getting sick! But now its warming up. Overall, everything was great. We'll be back again once this baby in my tummy turns 2! =)

Sent from Cassie's phone using DISBoards
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: