Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran
 
lilpooh108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Depends on the moment
Posts: 4,148

Has Anyone Actually "Snatched" a BOG ressie?

I've been stalking the cancellation websites for Nov & Dec for months. I see occasional postings re BOG cancellation.

I have not yet seen 1 case of someone actually getting a BOG ressie after someone else cancelled it.

Does it go back in the system?

If you were successful by coordinating with someone, how long did it take to come back up?

My trip is in 3 weeks and I'm considering unsubscribing...but am curious to know whether it even "works" at this point. Maybe BOG just goes back to Disney without being re-released?
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,571

There were a couple threads on this subject about a month ago. Someone who tried co-ordinating with two different people wasn't able to snag the res and was wondering why. Posters speculated that Disney overbooked and when cancellations started coming in they did not put them back into the system. Apparently Disney didn't ask for cc guarantee info at first and it's common to overbook to allow for a certain percentage of "no shows." Later Disney started requiring the cc guarantee which has reduced the no cancel/no show percentage at other restaurants so maybe they're still trying to downsize the number of reservations at BOG.
__________________
Kim T
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Circus181920
Mouseketeer
 
Circus181920's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Briar Patch
Posts: 186

I have been trying to get a reservation for mid-january; been checking the wdw site several times a day to no avail. Here's hoping we both can eventually get through :
__________________
Circus181920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
seasidespences
Mouseketeer
 
seasidespences's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 260

I posted my cancelled BOG reservation for late Feb and someone commented later that afternoon that they were able to snag it even a couple of hours after I posted my cancellation. It is possible...
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
dillydilly
Mouseketeer
 
dillydilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bring back Cinderella's original hair please
Posts: 162

I have been stalking the Nov/Dec BOG cancellations as well and have never seen a cancellation end up on the WDW website. I too have thought that they overbooked and they just do not go back into the system after being cancelled. I have just decided to check the day before for any cancellations. Wishing everyone the best of luck.
__________________
DillyDilly DH DD DD DS DD DS
Disneyland: Many times!
WDW: POR 2003, POP 2012, POR 2013
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
gr8tdame
Enchanted
 
gr8tdame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly
I have been stalking the Nov/Dec BOG cancellations as well and have never seen a cancellation end up on the WDW website. I too have thought that they overbooked and they just do not go back into the system after being cancelled. I have just decided to check the day before for any cancellations. Wishing everyone the best of luck.
Thank you for the good luck wishes. I,too,have been checking for reservations daily for the dates Jan 3-11(inclusive) and have had no luck . I would like to try lunch but I fear it just may be too busy and there is no way my ds and dh will wait in line to eat. This will probably be our last trip to Disney as I have been outvoted for the next vacation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
RCMommy
DIS Veteran
 
RCMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108
I've been stalking the cancellation websites for Nov & Dec for months. I see occasional postings re BOG cancellation.

I have not yet seen 1 case of someone actually getting a BOG ressie after someone else cancelled it.

Does it go back in the system?

If you were successful by coordinating with someone, how long did it take to come back up?

My trip is in 3 weeks and I'm considering unsubscribing...but am curious to know whether it even "works" at this point. Maybe BOG just goes back to Disney without being re-released?
I have been checking several times a day for months now and have never ONCE seen a BOG opening. That hasn't stopped me from looking however!
__________________
Us DD10 DS10


2012 Xmas Port Orleans French Quarter ~~ 2012 US/IOA & Legoland ~~ 2011 Port Orleans Riverside ~~ 2009 xmas trip POP ~~ 2008 Xmas trip Polynesian-~~ 2008 Carribean Beach ~~ 2006 Windsor Palms ~~ 2005 All Star Sports ~~2000 offsite ~~~ Numerous other trips since 1977...
RCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran
 
sunshine girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)
Posts: 1,043

I've been checking often too (for mid-January). I bet there are a lot of people trying to get these reservations...
__________________
sunshine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 500

I'm going to be canceling a BOG reservation for 7 on Jan 24 at some point today. If you PM me, I'd be happy to coordinate so you can try to pick it up.
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
Hyonlyf
...always with a book...
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 387

Nope, didn't work for me. A poster cancelled one on Feb 7 and within minutes I was trying to get it. Tried ALL day to get it, never happened.

I try several times a day hoping something will open up. Ohanas is already booked and I love it too as a birthday dinner so it'll be a great night regardless.
__________________
DD22 DD14 DD14 DS9

Hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,983

Still trying for my times 1/27-2/1 to no avail.
lustergirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,134

i did. i coordinated with someone and it was in the system a few minutes later. VERY unfortunately for me, i will have to cancel that same ressie soon
__________________
came home from europe a few weeks too early



collegejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran
 
sunshine girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)
Posts: 1,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffjoy View Post
I'm going to be canceling a BOG reservation for 7 on Jan 24 at some point today. If you PM me, I'd be happy to coordinate so you can try to pick it up.
That is a nice offer, thank you! Unfortunately that date won't work for me personally...

__________________

Last edited by sunshine girl; 11-24-2012 at 07:31 AM.
sunshine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
kermiebudge
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 116

My trip is coming in less than 3 weeks as well & I'm a self-admitted BOG dinner ressie stalker!!! I have yet to see one for my timeframe yet!! Hoping to at least eat QS lunch there without having to wait 1/2 the day to get in!

Somtimes, I just randomly search for a date 180 days out, just to catch a glimpse of one of those elusive ressies-sigh.
kermiebudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #15
LadyFan55
Mouse-a-holic
 
LadyFan55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Falcon CO (near Colo-Springs)
Posts: 92

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
There were a couple threads on this subject about a month ago. Someone who tried co-ordinating with two different people wasn't able to snag the res and was wondering why. Posters speculated that Disney overbooked and when cancellations started coming in they did not put them back into the system. Apparently Disney didn't ask for cc guarantee info at first and it's common to overbook to allow for a certain percentage of "no shows." Later Disney started requiring the cc guarantee which has reduced the no cancel/no show percentage at other restaurants so maybe they're still trying to downsize the number of reservations at BOG.
Wow, this is very interesting and with my lack of luck booking any after 4p ressie for a party of two 2/12 - 2/15 (a slower time the week b4 Pres week), I bet this is exactly what happened. I listened to this

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/a/4/b/a4b4c69...1&c_id=5161992

from DisUnPlugged this morning and it seems to support the 'over booking theory'. It also made me even more excited to try and secure a reservation.
__________________
DH
Me
Teen DS
Teen-DS
Teen-DS
LadyFan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.