Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Mickey1976
Mouseketeer

Booking ADR when staying off-property?

Hi Everyone!
We travelled to Disney in 2009 and everyone on here was such a great help back then...I'm back again, travelling August 2013 but this time we're staying off property. I have a few questions:
1. I can book ADR 180 days out if staying off property, right?
2. We are contemplating staying on property for 3-4 days before heading to the house we rented with my SIL and her family. I am thinking of holding off on this reservation until a deal comes out for a percentage off the trip...based on what I've seen, that may be sometime in the spring. This ressie will be less than 180 days out. So my question is, can I make ADR ressies 180 days out, give my credit card, but then make those ressies be part of my dining plan?
Thank you so much for your replies!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1976 View Post
1. I can book ADR 180 days out if staying off property, right? Yes, anyone can make reservations 180 days from the date of the reservation. You just won't be able to take advantage of the 180 + 10 that on property guests can use.

2. We are contemplating staying on property for 3-4 days before heading to the house we rented with my SIL and her family. I am thinking of holding off on this reservation until a deal comes out. So my question is, can I make ADR ressies 180 days out, give my credit card, but then make those ressies be part of my dining plan? You won't be able to link any reservations to a dining plan until you book your package. However, the only res that benefit from the DDP are the dinner shows and CRT where you'll have to prepay since you won't have a dining plan. Once you book your package you can call the dining line or wait until you arrive to have the dining plan credits applied. For any res that requires a cc guarantee for the no show penalty, you'll have to give your cc info regardless of whether you have a dining plan or not.
My answers in red.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: