Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #3481
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Wow I thought it was just us!! DS was fine first day. 2nd day he had 102 fever, today 103!!!! No other symptoms except chills here and there. I feel so bad for him. Thank goodness our first week is our hang out week, but I Feel so bad for DD cause she wants to go out and about. Luckily we have so much to do on property and me and DH have been taking turns doing things with her. Wednesday is breakfast at Chef Mickeys and my DS LOVES Mickey. I'll be so upset if he is too sick to go or just not into it. Will be crossing my fingers he is better. Hoping we will see MKs fireworks tonight from our resort. If not, I'm sure we'll hear them lol

Hope everyone else's sick kiddos are better soon!!!
Hi, just a heads up (which I hope you don't need) - if you need any assitance with finding medical help in the general vacinity, WALK TO THE FRONT DESK, DON'T USE THE PHONE. We learned this one the hard way last fall, DD was jumping on the bed and fell off, hitting her mouth (this is one of the downsides to DVC, you get alot of extra space and a kitchen, but the kids can go in a separate room where they are surely trying to kill themselves!). She drove her 2 front teeth up into her gums and her lips were such a mess that at first, I thought she knocked out like 8 teeth. We needed to get her to an emergency room pronto for stitches, and when I called the "front desk" they couldn't help me whatsoever. Couldn't call a cab, couldn't tell me where to go, etc.. I finally hung up on them and just picked her up and took her to the Kidani lobby, where I grabbed the first CM i could find to help us out. Turns out the "front desk" automatically routes to a centralized call center that may have absolutely no clue about anything local, nor appears ready to tell you that they are not the front desk!!!!! All ended up well, the actual front desk was AMAZINGLY HELPFUL (could have been that we were bleeding all over their carpet ) and got us where we needed to go. But if you need any help, please take my advice and walk to the lobby! That said, here's some major pixie dust so you don't ever have to take this advice!!!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #3482
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

DD6 officially has a sinus infection, starting day 1 of 10 day meds!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #3483
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
We will be going thru security with a liquid antibiotic now. I had to take DD to the doctor yesterday. She has double ear infection. Just how we want to get started...at least we found out before we left. This gives her time to get the meds in and working. The plane ride would have been horrible for her. We leave Wednesday after we pick her up from school to head to the airport for the night. We can't wait.

Today she had the pinewood derby and bake-off. Her car got stuck on the track the first time down. It made it down the next time. She did get 2nd place for the bake-off with the orange-cranberry cookies with orange glaze she made.
Does your medicine need to be refridgerated? Just started a 10 day course, they want it kept in the fridge, trying to figure out how arrival day will go. It'll be unrefridgerated from at least 5:45 am till about noon, I suppose I could get bell services to put it in a fridge if we can't get in our room when we arrive......not sure if we're allowed to carry an icepack on to the plane?
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #3484
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039

Hey everyone! We ended up taking DS to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and tonsillitis!!! He gave DS amoxicillin and said he should start feeling better in 2 days. Lets hope so! So happy we took him and now he can start to feel better. Decided to stay in tonight. Might try Downtown Disney tomorrow If he's doing better *fingers crossed* hope you are all having a good night!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #3485
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend

Hi, just a heads up (which I hope you don't need) - if you need any assitance with finding medical help in the general vacinity, WALK TO THE FRONT DESK, DON'T USE THE PHONE. We learned this one the hard way last fall, DD was jumping on the bed and fell off, hitting her mouth (this is one of the downsides to DVC, you get alot of extra space and a kitchen, but the kids can go in a separate room where they are surely trying to kill themselves!). She drove her 2 front teeth up into her gums and her lips were such a mess that at first, I thought she knocked out like 8 teeth. We needed to get her to an emergency room pronto for stitches, and when I called the "front desk" they couldn't help me whatsoever. Couldn't call a cab, couldn't tell me where to go, etc.. I finally hung up on them and just picked her up and took her to the Kidani lobby, where I grabbed the first CM i could find to help us out. Turns out the "front desk" automatically routes to a centralized call center that may have absolutely no clue about anything local, nor appears ready to tell you that they are not the front desk!!!!! All ended up well, the actual front desk was AMAZINGLY HELPFUL (could have been that we were bleeding all over their carpet ) and got us where we needed to go. But if you need any help, please take my advice and walk to the lobby! That said, here's some major pixie dust so you don't ever have to take this advice!!!
Thanks for the info! So crazy about what happened to your DD! Hope it wasn't too bad. We went down to the front desk and they recommended an immediate care center which was right down the block and took our insurance! Worked out great! Thanks again!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #3486
dillydilly
Mouseketeer
 
dillydilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bring back Cinderella's original hair please
Posts: 163

Oh no! So sorry to hear about all of the sick kiddos. I hope everyone is better soon!

Sounds like those at the parks are having a great time!

Thanks for the info about the front desk, aroundtheriverbend. That is good to know!
__________________
DillyDilly DH DD DD DS DD DS
Disneyland: Many times!
WDW: POR 2003, POP 2012, POR 2013
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #3487
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,052

So, I've been doing single digit dances for everyone for a while now, and totally missed doing one for ME! So, here it is a bit late.



Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
DD6 officially has a sinus infection, starting day 1 of 10 day meds!
Good to be on the meds! He should be feeling considerably better by the time you leave. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey everyone! We ended up taking DS to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and tonsillitis!!! He gave DS amoxicillin and said he should start feeling better in 2 days. Lets hope so! So happy we took him and now he can start to feel better. Decided to stay in tonight. Might try Downtown Disney tomorrow If he's doing better *fingers crossed* hope you are all having a good night!
Yikes! Poor little guy! I know you're glad to finally get to the bottom of why he's been feverish. Hope he starts feeling better really soon and you guys can really get your party started!!

Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much! I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #3488
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
So, I've been doing single digit dances for everyone for a while now, and totally missed doing one for ME! So, here it is a bit late.



Good to be on the meds! He should be feeling considerably better by the time you leave. Good luck!

Yikes! Poor little guy! I know you're glad to finally get to the bottom of why he's been feverish. Hope he starts feeling better really soon and you guys can really get your party started!!

Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much! I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!
Thanks and congrats on your 4000th post!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #3489
bartleyosu
Ohio State Mouse Fan
 
bartleyosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic, Ohio
Posts: 151

Bags packed-check, airline checkin- check, Disney gift cards packed-check, OK, today's the Day! Ready to go, oh wait have to wait for husband to get home from work- AWWWW!! Hurry up! I hope everyone has a great time. This is our first time with a scooter and 2 elder people going and also picking up tickets before package starts, hope it all goes well. DMIL and DM both have cancer and 2 very important surgeries coming up that we will not be here for. I hope everything goes well and we are able to relax down there. I guess i leave it in God's hands because there is nothing I can do about either. Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone.
__________________
The Bartleys
1983 offsite 1st MK only, 1988 as tour escort offsite
1990 with hubby to be offsite, 2000 with boys and DH ASMovie
2006-7 POFQ/POP 10 days of Christmas, 2009 POP June 2-9
Christmas 12/19 - 12/24/2010 at POFQ POP 8/6 -8/8/11 then Fountains -8/14/11

November 21-26 2012 Thanksgivng at Riverside: Pop June 2013 POFQ April 2014 SSR December 2014

bartleyosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #3490
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 5,982

Oh no! Hope ur DD's are all ok! Hope everyone has a nice holiday. We leave sunday so that means Smileybug leaves Friday. I miss that girl! Lol

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #3491
jcieutat
Mouseketeer
 
jcieutat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 359

So add me to the list of sick kiddos. My youngest has the croup. My oldest also has a nasty cough. The doctor put my youngest on a steroid, cough syrup with codeine, and Amoixcillin. The antibiotic is more for precautionary than anything. We are going to bring it to the airport in a bag with ice. Whether TSA will let up keep it in ice is another question. Once we get to MCO, I am going to buy a cup of ice and put it back on ice. We are just going to use one of those insulated bags that you keep baby bottles in.

On a positive note, check the ticker below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________


35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #3492
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleyosu View Post
Bags packed-check, airline checkin- check, Disney gift cards packed-check, OK, today's the Day! Ready to go, oh wait have to wait for husband to get home from work- AWWWW!! Hurry up! I hope everyone has a great time. This is our first time with a scooter and 2 elder people going and also picking up tickets before package starts, hope it all goes well. DMIL and DM both have cancer and 2 very important surgeries coming up that we will not be here for. I hope everything goes well and we are able to relax down there. I guess i leave it in God's hands because there is nothing I can do about either. Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone.
Try to relax and have a good time! You are in a very magic place. Have a great trip!!!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #3493
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
So add me to the list of sick kiddos. My youngest has the croup. My oldest also has a nasty cough. The doctor put my youngest on a steroid, cough syrup with codeine, and Amoixcillin. The antibiotic is more for precautionary than anything. We are going to bring it to the airport in a bag with ice. Whether TSA will let up keep it in ice is another question. Once we get to MCO, I am going to buy a cup of ice and put it back on ice. We are just going to use one of those insulated bags that you keep baby bottles in.

On a positive note, check the ticker below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're 4 days too! Sorry about the kids, but glad you got it checked out, hopefully we beat all these nasty germs ASAP.....

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to do the "refrigeration shuffle" too.
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #3494
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much! I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!
Congrats on the dance AND your 4000 post!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #3495
princesshope1982
Mouseketeer
 
princesshope1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 496

i cant wait to hear about everyone's trip. it stinks that all the kiddos are getting sick. i hope everyone feels better soon.
__________________
princesshope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: