Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #181
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

We have our flight out now I just need to find a flight home.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #182
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader92 View Post
FYI if anyone lives in the New York/new jersey area. JetBlue has a great fare the morning of Saturday (june 8th) out to lax. $149!!!

We are most likely going to take this flight out there and fly southwest coming home. Flights coming home are about $263

Not sure if this helps anyone but if it does great!
Nice fare! Unfortunately we are on the wrong end of the state for that one.

I will be thrilled if we can RT around $400!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #183
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Hoping to book an upper class miles seat in January for my flight over. I should have enough miles after Podcast Cruise 4.0 .
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #184
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

We are staying another 10 days after the tour - at the Best Western Pasrk Place Inn - right across the road from the parks. Its a long way to come from NZ so we decided to make the most of it and stay a couple of weeks all up.

Now we just have to pay for it!!!

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013

Last edited by disneykiwi; 10-22-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #185
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Date SWA opens up tickets announced

So, I wanted to give everyone a head's up for those looking for SWA tickets. SWA has posted that on November 19th they will be opening their schedule through August 9th, which will of course include our travel dates. They sometimes adjust that date, but it is a Monday which is when they've been opening of late.

However, I also have noticed that they don't always have the best prices on opening day like they used to, so buyer beware.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

Old 11-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #186
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

Hey Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they give you a credit if the price goes down.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #187
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader92
Hey Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but I think they give you a credit if the price goes down.
Yes, they do give you credit, but it is a bit restrictive. You have to use the credit on the original ticket holder (a change in recent years ) and also have to fly with the money within one year of the purchase date of the original ticket. If you would still be able to use it then its a good buy.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #188
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Southwest seats opened today for June!

Hey everyone,

For those looking for flights on Southwest, seats for June opened up today!

We bought our tickets because the price was right.

Flying out on Saturday, June 8th, arriving 3:20 PM
Leaving Saturday, June 15th @ 1:30 PM. This flights even direct (one stop, no plane change) which is the best you can possibly do LA -> Buffalo.

Round trip, Buffalo to LAX was $398. One flight was booked on points, so we only paid for the one flight plus $7.50.

We were hoping to return home on Sunday, but the flights on Sunday are $70 greater than Saturday. Combine that with an extra day park pass for Saturday, plus an extra night hotel stay on Saturday, and we couldn't come up with a good reason to spend an extra $500+ on a trip that's already stretching our budget to the breaking point, so we will just have Friday as an "extra" day in the park.

Next up...booking hotel rooms for the first night / last night. (Wish we could stay that one extra night at the Grand California, but I don't think I could justify it without some sort of deep discount rate.)

SP

Old 11-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #189
ymxbfalcon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey everyone,

For those looking for flights on Southwest, seats for June opened up today!

We bought our tickets because the price was right.

Flying out on Saturday, June 8th, arriving 3:20 PM
Leaving Saturday, June 15th @ 1:30 PM. This flights even direct (one stop, no plane change) which is the best you can possibly do LA -> Buffalo.

Round trip, Buffalo to LAX was $398. One flight was booked on points, so we only paid for the one flight plus $7.50.

We were hoping to return home on Sunday, but the flights on Sunday are $70 greater than Saturday. Combine that with an extra day park pass for Saturday, plus an extra night hotel stay on Saturday, and we couldn't come up with a good reason to spend an extra $500+ on a trip that's already stretching our budget to the breaking point, so we will just have Friday as an "extra" day in the park.

Next up...booking hotel rooms for the first night / last night. (Wish we could stay that one extra night at the Grand California, but I don't think I could justify it without some sort of deep discount rate.)

SP
I just purchased my plane ticket too. I was able to get direct flights both ways, and I was happy with the times and prices.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #190
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Some great news....

We have 4 - 6 spaces available for this Adventure!

Know anybody that wants to have an AMAZING Time?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #191
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

So tempting!!! If Val & I weren't already doing the DCL west Coast reposition cruise and the first Alaska cruise just before that....

Anybody on the fence for this should just go ahead and book it. Val & I did it this past summer and it was a wonderful experience. Some really great things that you just can't get anywhere else.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #192
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Grand California DVC waitlist came through! 3 nights post ABD.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #193
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

I know it's early to be thinking about dining, but trying to decide where we might want to dine. I was looking at the itinerary and saw that lunch on Disneyland day is provided but is not told where. Anyone know where this lunch is?

Also, if we were looking to getting reservations for dining during ABD can ABD set it up for us? I'm guessing that we only need to look at dinner on Disneyland day and lunch on California adventure day.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #194
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVader92 View Post
I know it's early to be thinking about dining, but trying to decide where we might want to dine. I was looking at the itinerary and saw that lunch on Disneyland day is provided but is not told where. Anyone know where this lunch is?

Also, if we were looking to getting reservations for dining during ABD can ABD set it up for us? I'm guessing that we only need to look at dinner on Disneyland day and lunch on California adventure day.
In the past, lunch has been on a voucher system. ABD provides the vouchers and you can then dine where you'd like.

ABD will assist with dining recommendations and reservations during the Adventure. They do not make dining reservations in advance.

That being said, Disneyland dining reservations are much easier to acquire that WDW reservations. Unless you have an exceptionally large party or have a very specific time, reservations are usually available much closer to travel. The exceptions to this can be Napa Rose and Blue Bayou.

Something else to keep in mind....dining reservations will cut into your OYO time. ABD will provide fast passes for you to enjoy your time in the parks and most guests find that the OYO time is already tight. My suggestion is to consider "grab and go" unless you have your heart set on a specific location.

We have never made reservations prior to departure and have never had an issue going where we wanted. We havent ever tried to go to Blue Bayou during an ABD trip, so that wasnt an issue.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #195
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Matt, Kevin has already given you some good advice here so I won't reiterate what he has said.

On the DL day, Val & I used our voucher at the Plaza. We don't eat much and were able to split a chicken dinner with desert. After using one voucher and our 20% AP discount on the excess we wound up paying about $1 out of pocket for the meal. I forget what we used the second voucher for but it was something similar. The Plaza is good because the food is hot and tasty plus its quick to get in and out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: