Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #256
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I don't have time to post all of our ADR's right now, but I made them all as well, on Sunday! I might call back and have them add one more though - we are thinking of maybe doing the Wishes dessert party on our first day. It's only like 30 bucks to add another day of park tickets and our flight will be arriving at about 3:30pm that day. Our initial plan was either hit the pool or possibly DTD but now I am feeling like I will sad to be SOCLOSE to the parks but not actually go to one. Since it won't be a full day though, I thought we might do a quick service dinner somewhere, meander over to MK, take in the atmosphere, take a few spins on the carousel and then stuff ourselves silly with desserts Has anyone gone to the dessert party recently that wants to share their experience? We are 2 adults and a 5 year old
My Dis friend, Angie, posted her review of the dessert party yesterday. Here's the link to her review: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=255

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #257
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I don't have time to post all of our ADR's right now, but I made them all as well, on Sunday! I might call back and have them add one more though - we are thinking of maybe doing the Wishes dessert party on our first day. It's only like 30 bucks to add another day of park tickets and our flight will be arriving at about 3:30pm that day. Our initial plan was either hit the pool or possibly DTD but now I am feeling like I will sad to be SOCLOSE to the parks but not actually go to one. Since it won't be a full day though, I thought we might do a quick service dinner somewhere, meander over to MK, take in the atmosphere, take a few spins on the carousel and then stuff ourselves silly with desserts Has anyone gone to the dessert party recently that wants to share their experience? We are 2 adults and a 5 year old
Did the Dessert Party last trip and it was a lot of fun .Great desserts and nice view of both the parade and Wishes. I wouldn't do it every trip but certainly every other!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #258
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
My Dis friend, Angie, posted her review of the dessert party yesterday. Here's the link to her review: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=255
Thanks for the link!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Did the Dessert Party last trip and it was a lot of fun .Great desserts and nice view of both the parade and Wishes. I wouldn't do it every trip but certainly every other!
I have been keeping the dessert party idea in my pocket but haven't had a time slot that it fit perfectly with until now, so I am pretty sure I'm going to book it!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #259
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Got my ADR's this morning for May trip 18th -26th Tony's Town Square
Nine Dragons(group of 14 we'll see how that goes) SciFi Chef Mickeys (bfast) Kona Cafe (dinner) We'll wing the rest. Any reviews on the Big River Grille in BW ? Never been there might try . Thanks

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #260
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Getting excited. Saturday will be my 180 mark. I keep going over the ADRs and still not sure if I am set. Trying to decide if I have too many. I don't want to be limited to what we can do by the ADRs. This is what I have we will see what happens when Saturday rolls around. This is a secret trip for our anniversary kid free. Its hard to keep the secret. So I have to talk to someone about it. We will be staying at CBR first time on property too. May 23rd-27th.

May 24th- Captains Grill, eat around the world, Coral Reef
May 25th- probably just eat at the food court so we can be there for rope drop at HS, Sci Fi, Mama Melroses.
May 26th- looking at Kona, The Plaza, Tokyo Dining
May 27th- Boma, Sanaa. Still not positive about these two.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #261
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Getting excited. Saturday will be my 180 mark. I keep going over the ADRs and still not sure if I am set. Trying to decide if I have too many. I don't want to be limited to what we can do by the ADRs. This is what I have we will see what happens when Saturday rolls around. This is a secret trip for our anniversary kid free. Its hard to keep the secret. So I have to talk to someone about it. We will be staying at CBR first time on property too. May 23rd-27th.

May 24th- Captains Grill, eat around the world, Coral Reef
May 25th- probably just eat at the food court so we can be there for rope drop at HS, Sci Fi, Mama Melroses.
May 26th- looking at Kona, The Plaza, Tokyo Dining
May 27th- Boma, Sanaa. Still not positive about these two.
My 180 mark is Black Friday and we'll be on vacation in Tennessee. Thank goodness the hotel has free wi-fi.

We'll be staying at the CBR too! But, this will be our 9th stay there. You're going to love it! I have lots of pictures of the resort in my trip report. Just click on the link if you wanna have a look around. We seem to have the same tastes. I'm going to try and book ADRs at Coral Reef, Mama Melrose's, Kona and Boma.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #262
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Got my ADR's this morning for May trip 18th -26th Tony's Town Square
Nine Dragons(group of 14 we'll see how that goes) SciFi Chef Mickeys (bfast) Kona Cafe (dinner) We'll wing the rest. Any reviews on the Big River Grille in BW ? Never been there might try . Thanks
I have never been to Big River Grille but a Dis friend of mine has gone several times and they always enjoy it. I wish they took reservations because I don't want to take a chance that we'll get there and have to wait forever.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #263
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

My 180 mark is Black Friday and we'll be on vacation in Tennessee. Thank goodness the hotel has free wi-fi.

We'll be staying at the CBR too! But, this will be our 9th stay there. You're going to love it! I have lots of pictures of the resort in my trip report. Just click on the link if you wanna have a look around. We seem to have the same tastes. I'm going to try and book ADRs at Coral Reef, Mama Melrose's, Kona and Boma.
Thanks. I will check your trip report out when I get home on the computer. I reserved a pirate room for my big kid. He is such a kid at heart when it comes to the pirates.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #264
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Thanks. I will check your trip report out when I get home on the computer. I reserved a pirate room for my big kid. He is such a kid at heart when it comes to the pirates.
If my mother (79 and is going to Disney with us) ends up backing out of the trip, I may switch us over to a pirate room just so we can try something "new" at the resort. If you have any specific CBR questions, feel free to ask.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #265
bellaally
DIS Veteran

My schedule so far with reservations
Saturday may 11
Yak and yeti
Sanaa
Sunday may 12 DHS
50s prime time
Monday may 13 epcot
Le Cellier steakhouse 2:10 pm
Tuesday may 14 mk
Liberty tree traven 1:30 pm
Wednesday may 15 mk
Raglan road 7:15 pm
Thursday may 16 DHS
Hollywood brown derby 5:40 pm
Friday may 17 mk
Crystal palace 8:35 am
Be our guest 7:20 pm
Saturday may 18 epcot
Tutto italia 4:30 pm

I am not going all days to the parks but I did write the schedule and did my ADRs by which parks were least crowded. Also we want do the segway tour as well as a dessert wishes party.

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #266
mgdisney
Mouseketeer

Just booked my family's May trip!! Leaving April 30 - May 23 doing a split stay between Port Orleans Riverside and the Beach Club! The countdown has officially begun!
2012 May WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort/Beach Club
2012 Aug Disneyland - offsite
2013 May WDW - Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
mgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #267
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Corinne can you take me off the list? Decided today to officially move our May trip to November. We're taking the 3 day cruise first then a few nights at AoA suite afterwards.
I am sorry to hear that MMS1125, but I hope you have a great time in November and a great cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkShqipMom View Post
Well its official ( i booked airfare for 4 arriving in orlando morning of Mayy 23 and will be there until June 1). This is our first time to Disneyworld and the east coast, have been to Disneyland in California 7 years ago.

What is ADR?
Should I be calling and booking our hotel? I want to stay on property and was also hoping for Free Dining. Can this be added later ?

Where should I buy tickets at? Do they have something similar to the California CityPass in Orland that will get you into a few parks that can be bought?

Come one guys throw some suggestions at me! I dont know what's I should do next and hold off on.
Congrats on your booking airfare. I can't wait what other decisions you make. I will PM you with some more information.

I am about to add all the new information to the list, if you are new and I missed you please let me know so I can fix it. If you have your ADR's made and would like me to add them to the list include the names and times here. That way if someone is going to be at the same restaurant about the same time they can maybe talk about a meet. If you haven't had a chance to check out the Face book page I definatly encourage you to so. I personally tend to be on there more but will try to be on here more often.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #268
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Only a couple of more days until I can make ADR's. WooHoo!! I hope to get everything that I want. Gonna set my alarm to get up early that day!!
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #269
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

haven't popped in here in a while! We got all the reservations we wanted for our May 15 - 20 trip.

They are:

1900 Park Fare dinner (repeat for us)
Tusker House breakfast (new for us)
Be Our Guest ()
Le Cellier dinner (a favorite!)
50's dinner (trying this one out!)

Hope everyone else gets the ADR's they want!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #270
Cee
DIS Veteran

I'll be at the BWV from May 12-19. Can't wait!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: