Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #16
Elwood P. Dowd
Disboards Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Please let us know how the Pop works out for you. (I'm also on the fence about Pop vs.
a Moderate for a future solo trip.) And have a great time!
Will do! Thank you!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at Pop twice, in 2006 and 2007. That was back when I was such a newbie I didn't think I'd be back again. I liked it! I hope you do too. If not, the beautiful POR will accept you back.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

We have had good luck with rooms near the computer pool area at POP, however, you do not want to be pool side or pool view. Just in that vacinity. Pool facing rooms were very loud, but it was a busy, hot week. We were initially thrilled; that ended quickly.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood P. Dowd View Post
Thanks everyone! I really do appreciate all the responses. After lots of reading and considering (I re-posted this in the resort thread), I think Pop is the winner. When I looked at the park hours I realized I would barely be at the hotel. I won't be using the pool or food court, and I will have my car (although I take buses a lot while there). Like collegeprogram01 said-- all rooms look the same when your eyes are closed fast asleep! Having a hard time justifying spending $200 more when I won't be there much.

And hey, if I hate it, I'll move to POR.
Good Choice IMHO..I do love POP..yes there are lots of Kids but really it is just a room and I would rather spend my money on good food, good drink and parks.. i have used the buses..not bad ... food is okay..and I do love watching the kids have fun..and talking to lots of fun peeps.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #20
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

happen to love Pop - if not for DVC - Pop would be our resort.

love the food court, gift shop, arcade.

try to get a room in building 3 - 50th section toward the lake. It is quiet and I love it. go for the highest room possible.

this is standard. the pref are pool views and near the food court - so the front of building 3 is pref - the back is standard. for lunch the place is great. for breakfast either get up early -hot meals start at 7:00 am - so try to get there then or before. (make sure the night before if you can) If you can't then eat breakfast at the parks. (or bring some fruit with you)

CBR did not like it - walking and pushing a wheelchair -makes this a only go if this is the only choice for me. It is a long walk to the food court. This was disney first non-deluxe resort - so they greatly improved with POR - since you have tried it - how about POFQ. oh CBR does NOT have the queen beds - that both POR and POFQ have.

like the garden betters at PO than CBR or even POP which for me is a lot better than all stars.

really think if you like POR then you might enjoy POP -- to me they have a lot in common - really great service - some of the CM's at Pop are the best and the manager is pretty great. Pop definitely has the best bus service at WDW (my opinion)

now if you still want a moderate for about the same price you can have a DVC resort if you rent from a DVC member - go to the DVC rental/trade board for my information and make sure you read the sticky

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #21
Elwood P. Dowd
Disboards Padawan

Just got back from a 3 day, 3 night solo, and I had a GREAT time! I'm going to try to do a trip report very soon, but a crazy busy week of work is staring me in the face. But I did want to thank all of you again for taking the time to reply and give me your input-- it really helped, and I can see myself getting addicted to this place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtstampz View Post
Please let us know how the Pop works out for you. (I'm also on the fence about Pop vs.
a Moderate for a future solo trip.) And have a great time!
dtstapz, Pop was fine for me. I requested a lake view room, away from the louder sections of the resort, and the awesome CM gave me just that. I was in the 50's section, building 2, on the 3rd floor. (Like a dope, I said I wanted 3rd floor thinking that was the top. She must've thought I was a little unwell.) I wasn't in the room much, but I will say it was perfectly fine. I didn't like it better than either of the PO resorts, or ASMu for that matter, but I think I made the right choice for this trip. The negatives (which I'll talk about in my trip report) weren't big issues, and probably had more to do with my preferences than anything else. If I knew I could have the same place (or similar) next time, I wouldn't hesitate to go for Pop. (I'd say the same about my ASMu experience, which was in the Broadway section, top floor, facing the woods.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
I've stayed at Pop twice, in 2006 and 2007. That was back when I was such a newbie I didn't think I'd be back again. I liked it! I hope you do too. If not, the beautiful POR will accept you back.
Thanks again DisneyFreak! You helped me decide, and you were absolutely right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
now if you still want a moderate for about the same price you can have a DVC resort if you rent from a DVC member - go to the DVC rental/trade board for my information and make sure you read the sticky
spiceycat-- thanks for the letting me know! I'm saving your info because that is something I definitely want to do in the future!

Thanks again to all!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
packedforadventure
Earning My Ears

I've stayed at CBR and POR. I would definitely pick POR over CBR, because it is so much prettier and has better theming. I feel like POR is just more relaxing. I felt let down by CBR as far as the layout goes. The rooms are very similar in both.

http://www.*****************************
packedforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #23
pixie08
DIS Veteran

In would have to talk you out of POP and CBR! Pop is too crazy and the rooms uncomfortable, but I really never stay in values because I am a resort person (and DVC owner). For those who are never in their room I see the benefit. Plus it is just DH and I so too many kids.

CBR was ok nice theme but it was so huuuge and crazy. Not easy to get around, buses always full etc.

So I would pick POR. Not to throw a wrench in it but what about POFq?

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

To the OP, Happy to be of service! I'm glad you enjoyed your resort.

I would like to also mention that I like your little quote in your signature. That's both smart and pleasant!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: