DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #16
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

When we first bought, we had a 50 point contract in a different UY and ended up selling it a few months later. We realized that it was just too small, especially being in the different UY--so its own membership--to do what we needed to do without having to borrow all the time, something we didn't want to do regularly.

When we decided to add on at a different resort, we went for more points and because of that, didn't mind getting a different UY. We own 180 at BLT with a June UY and 150 at BWV with Dec UY and just use them for different purposes which works well.

For example, it looks like we will now make Memorial Day weekend an annual trip and this works well for our Dec UY, but not so much for June.

So, I would certainly, if you know you can use them, go for more points via resale and not worry about the UY as much as I have found that when you have a larger number of points, its a lot easier to manage. Obviously, makes the combining of points easier but in my case, getting the 2nd UY worked out in our favor.

Good luck!

Sandisw is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: